Page 128 of 184 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2747

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

Talking G z

Quote Originally Posted by adamppaul View Post
    I'll buy you a beer but only if you don't show up on one of those pathetically showroom restored BMWs with proper period equipment.
    . Gotta quote the angst.

You may have missed my point.
    Last edited by Helmut_Head; 05-28-2011 at 06:04 PM.

The Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmut_Head View Post
    . Gotta quote the angst.

You may have missed my point.
    Well...probably. I have a habit of missing points. Or getting them...did I mention I pulled the electronic ignition of by factory original, unmolested 81 blue R80g/s and installed a points can? That was right before I put R100GS forks and a R100 subframe on and powdercoated the whole thing shiny black.

Quote Originally Posted by adamppaul View Post
    Well...probably. I have a habit of missing points. Or getting them...did I mention I pulled the electronic ignition of by factory original, unmolested 81 blue R80g/s and installed a points can? That was right before I put R100GS forks and a R100 subframe on and powdercoated the whole thing shiny black.
    You seem to be fun person to mess with but I'll stop. It's never personal, particularly on these forums.

Read all about your bike on ADV- nice work.

The Raven
    yup, it is a work in progress. The last thing I wanted when I started was a bike that would win a concourse. These folks that buy these bikes and then turn them into museum pieces that get ridden on sunday might as well by a harley and spend the day shining the chrome. Not me...My day is complete when I can make a purist cringe when I get it filthy and put it away wet

Talking You Ravenous pig !

I know what you mean. Concourse...naah. Bought it, rode it, wrecked it, and fixed it. It's a rider again. My Yahama ridin' buddies love it that way...... I like the patina too much for that show stuff , so it just had to be as good as I could make it in my garage with the time and $$ I could reasonably handle. Unless someone wants to pay a heap, I'll ride it until it's trash and I hope that is a long time. Glad the cases can handle most of the Home Depot and grocery stuff. No doubt, I do get stares at the Depot.

Here's what it looked like before. You can see the butt ugly silver color (a la the new Met Rot w/ stripes) and where my body blew through the windscreen and handlebars. My chest/rib X-rays pics are also a real treat.

The Raven
    Yeah, check this out. A fancy..in primer mind you, parabellum fairing matched with really cool shammy cloth fork boots.

This one is on a snowy road in NM. Took it through the mountains after that photo and almost died..

Finally, a good use for the engine....to cook potatoes. 10 min of idle cooks them perfectly.

To infer that people who keep their old bikes in good condition are posers is an anti-snobbery that just as exclusionary as a purist's ideal. If you want a rat bike, fine. If you want a museum piece, fine, but to generalize that to be a "real" motorcyclist you need to "Macgyver" fix your bike with found objects is just wrong thinking. Carefully restored airheads are things of beauty. What is the point of disrespecting that effort?

Grammarian no, Rider yes ISAMEMON's Avatar
    I agree
    stock looking and good running ariheads are a thing of beauty

Ruh roh!

[QUOTE=Bob_M;685099]To infer that people who keep their old bikes in good condition are posers is an anti-snobbery that just as exclusionary as a purist's ideal. If you want a rat bike, fine. If you want a museum piece, fine, but to generalize that to be a "real" motorcyclist you need to "Macgyver" fix your bike with found objects is just wrong thinking. Carefully restored airheads are things of beauty. What is the point of disrespecting that effort?

[/QUOTE

Been trying not to impose upon other's tastes or lack therof.

I think all airheads are cool- Rat bike, perfect resto, cafe racers, and everything in between. I do like the Raven's work even though it's not my style.............his choice. The beauty of these bikes is they are very personable and, unfortunately, I have not seen any but my own while riding. I'll probably turn around and chase the poor MFer, or hopefully MFette when I do. For now, I rely on these websites to see others fine work and appreciate it all.

In Michitucky, it seems to be mostly chunky Harley people who all ride the same bike with the same fairing, same helmets, same stickers on the helmets, and the same lumpette on the back.. Damned if I'd want to keep all that chrome clean so I can look like my neighbor and his brother.

HH
    Last edited by Helmut_Head; 06-02-2011 at 02:28 AM.

mmmmmmmm, I like mustard on my taters....
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

eric11
    My '78 r100/7

eric11
    Sorry...here it is...for real.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful Bike

Beautiful Bike! Is the fairing an original, or aftermarket? I am restoring a 1974 R75/6 and reluctant to install the old Vetter fairing - too big and clunky. If you have any information, please let me know... Thanks!

eric11
    Thanks! The fairing is an original BMW s fairing. The paint on the bike is a bike rough...scratches and stuff. I debate painting it as I would lose the 33 year old feel of the bike.

Thumbs up Eric

I sure do like it. Those fairings are the best.