Page 124 of 185 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2762

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

  1. #1846
    Registered User lmo1131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pismo Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,049
    They are black powder coated aluminum boxes,
    I think, maybe, criminaldesign might be looking for a bit more specific information about them... like, who makes them, is there a model number, where did you buy them....
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

  2. #1847
    criminaldesign
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    I think, maybe, criminaldesign might be looking for a bit more specific information about them... like, who makes them, is there a model number, where did you buy them....
    Lew is correct.

    My side cases still work but I'd love to throw on something a bit more sturdy and sure. I think they're getting to the point of needing straps.

    Besides the specifics Lew pointed out, what about the mounting system?

    Shoot me a PM if you don't mind.

    Thanks Chris, Houston

  3. #1848
    Registered User bmweuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Posts
    255
    Sorry about that. They were originally Hepco & Becker 38 liter standard aluminum bags. I'm in the process of modifying the way they attach to the bike because the latches always break. I took them apart including cutting out the lid seal and had them powder coated 80% gloss black. I only used these because it was something I had lying around from another bike project. Not sure that I could recommend the quality as well you have to lift the seat straight off without the hinges to access your tool tray even with the bags and rear rack removed. They do look cool!
    www.boxermetal.com
    www.facebook.com/boxermetal
    VBMWMO #7770, BMW MOA #48694, ABC #600
    Hi my name is Chris and I am a slash-five-o-holic.

  4. #1849
    Registered User boxerkuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Carolina's
    Posts
    1,136

    Question Shock?

    I think the rear shock is mounted upside down....
    Keep the rubber side down!!
    1986 R 80 RS
    1992 R 100 R
    BMW MOA Life member; Ironbutt Member; Airhead Member

  5. #1850
    Registered User greypa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Newark, OH
    Posts
    30
    82 r100
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Skip
    '82 R100
    '05 Stella

  6. #1851
    Registered User arptra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    71

  7. #1852
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Grover Beach, CA
    Posts
    105

    I miss my old 78 slash7


  8. #1853
    Registered User Dakar001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    132

    Just bought this baby

    I just bought this baby, a rather rare and beautiful '83 R80ST, perfect for the twisty mountain roads I love. She's on a truck now, headed to her new home in Colorado.

    url=http://uhuru.smugmug.com/Other/Bills-1983-BMW-R80-st/16819239_KCSXHR#1269279714_sD87qQK-A-LB][/url]
    1983 R80ST
    2010 R1200GS

  9. #1854
    the velvet hammer SFAULKNER68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA
    Posts
    137
    ...excellent purchase!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakar001 View Post
    I just bought this baby, a rather rare and beautiful '83 R80ST, perfect for the twisty mountain roads I love. She's on a truck now, headed to her new home in Colorado.

    url=http://uhuru.smugmug.com/Other/Bills-1983-BMW-R80-st/16819239_KCSXHR#1269279714_sD87qQK-A-LB][/url]

  10. #1855
    Registered User Rod Sheridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    978
    My 76 R90/6 on the right, Diann's 77 R60/7 in front of our tent at the 2006 MOA Rally in Vermont.......Rod.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Work is the curse of the riding class

  11. #1856
    Registered User Dakar001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    132

    Thanks, sfaulkner 68

    Thanks, sfaulkner 68. Like Prince William, I am a VERY lucky guy.
    1983 R80ST
    2010 R1200GS

  12. #1857
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Northern Front Range, CO
    Posts
    6,437
    nice score on the bike, but not quite in the league of Prince Will's.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

  13. #1858
    Mike V. #30064 30064's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    320
    My real True Love. Not much to look at but I will never get rid of this bike. Purchased it new in 1978. A 1978 R100/7 "Special". This bike has taken me from So.Cal. to nearly every state in the union with never a mechanical break-down. She's as strong as a jackhammer and seems to get better and smoother with every mile. I've never even considered a sound system to tour with - I can't think of a more beautiful sound than those 500cc jugs effortlessly dancing in perfect harmony down so many beautiful country roads from West Coast to East Coast. After so many years together it's a relationship that is never in question or lacking in respect and trust. Some things just work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike V. / San Diego
    MOA#30064 / ABC#11027
    78 R100/7 [orig. owner] / 81 R65 [restored]
    ABC-MOA-AMA-VBMWMO / http://tinyurl.com/4df7hgs

  14. #1859
    Grammarian no, Rider yes ISAMEMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kings Valley Oregon
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by 30064 View Post
    My real True Love. Not much to look at but I will never get rid of this bike. Purchased it new in 1978. A 1978 R100/7 "Special". This bike has taken me from So.Cal. to nearly every state in the union with never a mechanical break-down. She's as strong as a jackhammer and seems to get better and smoother with every mile. I've never even considered a sound system to tour with - I can't think of a more beautiful sound than those 500cc jugs effortlessly dancing in perfect harmony down so many beautiful country roads from West Coast to East Coast. After so many years together it's a relationship that is never in question or lacking in respect and trust. Some things just work.


    very nice story. loved my 78 also and it was bullet proof too

  15. #1860
    Atomic City Boxer 154048's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Posts
    354
    Beautiful bike, Mike. And I second your thoughts. Running down the road with that engine just purring makes me smile. I love motorcycles and appreciate a great many of them, but still prefer an Airhead Boxer to any of them.If you are ever out this way (New Mes), give me a holler
    Steve in Santa Fe
    1980 R100RT
    2005 DR 650

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •