Page 115 of 185 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2763

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

advrider.com
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamm View Post
    One day it took me(on my own) 1 hr to go 10ft in deep mud. Glad to see you ride with friends
    One time, it took me all day to go 3 miles.

Big round head.
    looks like a hot and shwetty situation.

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    One time, it took me all day to go 3 miles.

advrider.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxboy100 View Post
    looks like a hot and shwetty situation.
    Yup! This picture doesn't capture the "fun" I had that day. This was after I dug it out one (of about 500) time(s). I was in the middle of the Mojave (somewhere southeast of Inyokern, CA) and alone.. for hours.. with only 3 bottles of water.

When I finally got to a paved road, steam was coming out of my jacket after I put it back on, and the mirrors fogged up. It was 100-ish that day.

Good times.

mchaven
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    Yup! This picture doesn't capture the "fun" I had that day. This was after I dug it out one (of about 500) time(s). I was in the middle of the Mojave (somewhere southeast of Inyokern, CA) and alone.. for hours.. with only 3 bottles of water.

When I finally got to a paved road, steam was coming out of my jacket after I put it back on, and the mirrors fogged up. It was 100-ish that day.

Good times.
    My first day of riding, my father led me down a gravel road that soon turned to deep sand. I was on my R80. Not one of these fancy R80 G/S bikes I had 20 miles under my belt, and no previous sand experience. It was the freakiest thing, and I spent my whole time on the sand hating my father for leading me to it haha. Pavement felt like a luxury cruise after that. I wanted to lay down and kiss the asphalt once we got back to pavement.

Autumn in Kansas is gorgeous. I'm still out riding every day in 30-40 degree temps; this bike is very comfortable! (Picture taken with Hipstamatic app for iPhone.)

Big round head.
    very nice looking ride...

Quote Originally Posted by aircap View Post

Autumn in Kansas is gorgeous. I'm still out riding every day in 30-40 degree temps; this bike is very comfortable! (Picture taken with Hipstamatic app for iPhone.)

aircap -

I guess you haven't checked your valves since the last time it was pointed out that your valve covers are on backwards:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showpost...3&postcount=36

Or you haven't taken any new pictures!!

Just puttin' it back out there...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Huckleberry, Gilera &Toad kstoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    aircap -

I guess you haven't checked your valves since the last time it was pointed out that your valve covers are on backwards:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showpost...3&postcount=36

Or you haven't taken any new pictures!!

Just puttin' it back out there...
    Rocker Cover Police Strike Again ! ! !

1980 R100T (Gilera), 1982 R100RT (Toad), 1975 R60/6 (cern?¡calo)
    Adventures at the Cave

valve covers?

Quote Originally Posted by mymindsok View Post
    Well, it looks like you need a photo of my old crock!

It's a 1976/6 with a million small changes, major updates and customizations.

Really like your bike. Question, what's the brand of valve covers? They look great.

Regards,

bert

what's the brand of valve covers? They look great.
    Meh.... make mine

completely interchangeable ... right to left, up, or down...

On the other hand ... the "off white" I'm in love with (including the tail light housing) ... perversely in love with... the only thing that would make your scooter look better, would be if the frame color matched the tank and fenders (which is why I like "black" BMW bikes (why BMW moved toward the black-frame UJM*-look escapes me)).

p.s. The two-tone pin stripe colors are great! Niiiiice touch.

* Universal Japanese Motorcycle
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

James.A
    I'm thinking that all black frames is a decision made by the manufacturer to help reduce the the cost. All frames going to a paint line running black would be faster and therefore less expensive than keeping frames and body parts all together for paint work.

Having seen a few airheads with paint matched frames, I think it is very hard to make it look right. Maybe because the frame is less visible on an airhead than a pre-1970 bike. Maybe because we are just so accustemed to seeing the airhead with a black frame.

I'm thinking that all black frames is a decision made by the manufacturer to help reduce the the cost.
    That's absolutely the reasoning WnS. It's just that the "whole thing" looks more unified when the colors are all the same .... just my opinion.

edit - With respect, and credit, to the owners of these bikes (I don't know who they are); granted, the first two are custom bikes, without the side covers, but I think that the overall appearance of an airhead is enhanced by the mono-color paint scheme. The black-frame is a cost cutting practice, but I think the product(s) are the lesser for it.

Stock (the only paint scheme that retained the /2 et al, mono-color theme).
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

advrider.com
    Quote Originally Posted by boster12 View Post
    Really like your bike. Question, what's the brand of valve covers? They look great.
    To answer your question, I believe those are San Jose valve covers.

CC Cool Covers

Those multi-fin covers are from CC Products circa 1990. $129.95 per pair back then. Claimed to be cooler and quieter due to deep fins and a O-ring sealer allowing metal to metal contact, thus cooler. Or I could be wrong.

1990? they first appeared maye 10 years before that, iirc. otherwise, accurate info. Later on, CC Prods became closely tied to San Jose BMW, and i believe that Chris is still there, in some capacity.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots