Page 100 of 184 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2747

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

Watkinsville, Georgia/Annapolis, Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Reopropf View Post
    Restoration complete after 11 months. Mechanically & cosmetically to my satisfaction. Now to ride it to my satisfaction.
    Outstanding job! What kind of mufflers are those or what kind of treatment is on them? Looks great, sort of like a gun barrel.

I have an '84 that is a project, hasn't run in 11 years (but isn't locked up either). Looking for ideas and your bike is great inspiration.
    '83 R100RT'd
    '71 R75/5 SWB
    '06 KLR 650

Couple of Airheads, one German and one Russian.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '83 R100RT'd
    '71 R75/5 SWB
    '06 KLR 650

Quote Originally Posted by AnnapolisAirhead View Post
    Outstanding job! What kind of mufflers are those or what kind of treatment is on them? Looks great, sort of like a gun barrel.

I have an '84 that is a project, hasn't run in 11 years (but isn't locked up either). Looking for ideas and your bike is great inspiration.
    those cans were stock on the R65LS like that. believe its a ceramic coating.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Thumbs up Worth the trouble

Quote Originally Posted by RonKMiller View Post
    Today on Catalina Highway, Tucson, AZ. 75F. Life absolutely, positively, does NOT get any better than this.
    Ron,

That is one BEAUTIFUL machine!! All the work was worth it.
    Don "Radar" Wreyford
    00 K1200LT, 98 R1100GS AE, 84 R100RS, 76 R75/6 (rebuild complete)
    MOA # 91738, RA #27032 , ABC #7915 - "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

cinghiale

My 50th B-day

My amazing wife picked this up for me on my 50th. Total surprise to me. In the garage when I came home from work, wow....
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (77.8 KB, 1125 views)

RPG
    Quote Originally Posted by cinghiale View Post
    My amazing wife picked this up for me on my 50th. Total surprise to me. In the garage when I came home from work, wow....
    That is absolutely gorgeous. The more these old Airheads age we come to realize how perfect a design they were. Enjoy your bike, it will probably outlive you!

rpg

criminaldesign
    they're both keepers

Quote Originally Posted by cinghiale View Post
    Amazing is right. Almost makes me want to run out and get married before I hit the big 50 in a couple. Nice bike. Great wife!
    '83 R100RT'd
    '71 R75/5 SWB
    '06 KLR 650

I think this deserves a pic of the wife as well!
    -Ride Safe & Avoid Anyone On The Phone-
    **2000 R1100RT (Bullfrog), 1976 R90/6 (Tadpole)**
    beemerFROG a.k.a. Douglas E. Rost
    MotoFrog.net -- Black Frog Marketing

RTFlyer
    Here's my 1977 R75/7. I had been considering doing all types of things to her, but have now realized that in the short term, it's best to just ride her for the summer to ensure mechanical reliability. I bought her from another airhead who rescued her after 12 years or so in a barn. He replaced seals, rebuilt the carbs, and replaced the front tire. I need to replace the rear tire, get new shocks on the rear, and consider some seat work to make the bike safe and comfortable enough to build some miles on her. She apparently could still use some carb tweaking too, but I'm going to depend on the kindness of strangers to help me out on that. She's been to the dealer here, and they can't get them quite sorted out either. I suspect it's just going to be one of those trail-and-error things.

I'm not up to a complete restoration, but I think I can freshen her up a bit and make her a daily driver. The bike is a little rougher than this pic would have you believe, and this is after hours spent just cleaning it up with many hours still ahead.

My 78 after installing r90 bars,,I love em.

My '73 LWB (2999159) /5 after it's third rebuild... originally Silber; then Mercedes-Benz Colorado Tan, and now Black. Owned since new, he's gone full circle; from out-of-the-crate naked, to full-on, two-up, Windjammer touring rig, and back to naked, solo sport bike (she won't ride anymore ... says motorpickles are too dangerous) Her loss, my gain...

I'm still trying to find another original "Stadium" bar end for the right side. And I can't believe I didn't install the H4 conversion and the Brown's side stand years ago.

Photobucket

Photobucket
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Grammarian no, Rider yes ISAMEMON's Avatar

finally after 2 years

after 2 years, she fired up today
    1985 R80RT

I'm still in awe over the R75/7 present from the wife - you are one incredibly lucky man!
    BMWs in my garage: 1982 R65LS, 1978 R100/7

I have waited a long time to be able to do this....and I must admit...I feel quite a bit of pride right now. A big thanks to all who have helped guide me with my "SURVIVOR"

Sorry so many pics but I am in Blissville right now
    Attitude is everything!
    1978 R100/7
    08' V-Strom 650 great light weight tourer