Page 2 of 184 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 2750

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

  1. #16
    I hate labels CANADADAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    45
    Jon that is one wild wide... a heel-toe shifter to boot? Love it!


  2. #17
    Miserable Mark MarkF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,827
    Originally posted by jdiaz
    That has gotta be one of the nicest pics of the nicest bike ever made. What year? Original paint?

    MarkF

  3. #18
    Blocking the slow lane
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Elburn, IL
    Posts
    1,843
    Originally posted by CanadaDan
    Jon that is one wild wide... a heel-toe shifter to boot? Love it!
    The heel-toe shifter was a gift from the mechanic who slaved away on the bike for several years. Its actually not much fun to use, so we will be giving it back to him.

    This bike is my wife's first love.....well, maybe second (I'm still Top10, but barely!). She bought it on a lark in the late 90s and while it isn't perfect from a cosmetic standpoint, its pretty stout mechanically and she really loves traveling on it.
    Jon Diaz
    BMW K75/K12GT
    BMWMOA Ambassador

  4. #19
    Blocking the slow lane
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Elburn, IL
    Posts
    1,843
    Originally posted by MarkF
    That has gotta be one of the nicest pics of the nicest bike ever made. What year? Original paint?
    Its a '74, and AFAIK, has original paint. It was owned by a friend of ours for a long time, and when the opportunity came up to get it, we snapped it up. It needs some minor detail work, but the basics are there and its pretty fun to ride.
    Jon Diaz
    BMW K75/K12GT
    BMWMOA Ambassador

  5. #20
    looking for a coal mine knary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    pdx
    Posts
    5,878
    Originally posted by MarkF
    That has gotta be one of the nicest pics of the nicest bike ever made. What year? Original paint?

    MarkF
    You've got to be just drooling over this thread.

    though I expected more photos

  6. #21
    Cannonball Rider #52 darrylri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Surf City, USA (Santa Cruz, CA)
    Posts
    4,528
    Do these other ones qualify as Airheads, too?

    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

  7. #22
    Blocking the slow lane
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Elburn, IL
    Posts
    1,843
    I guess I'll be the first to say it: DARRYL SUCKS!
    Jon Diaz
    BMW K75/K12GT
    BMWMOA Ambassador

  8. #23
    leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Salem, OH
    Posts
    2,888
    You guys have some sweet rides!! I always find the older bikes to be more beautiful. However I find the new ones a true blast to ride. Maybe someday (sigh) I can find a basket case to rebuild and possibly restore.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

  9. #24
    dlearl476
    Guest
    Originally posted by lorazepam
    You guys have some sweet rides!! I always find the older bikes to be more beautiful. However I find the new ones a true blast to ride. Maybe someday (sigh) I can find a basket case to rebuild and possibly restore.
    Lrzpm-How far is the state of confusion from Nevada. I have a friend with a /2 (IIRC) or a 69/S in boxes he's looking for a new home for. He pestered me for a while, then I bought this from him. (Qualifies as an "airhead" doesn't it?) Don't have any pics of my R60/5 or my new R75/5.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #25
    Cannonball Rider #52 darrylri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Surf City, USA (Santa Cruz, CA)
    Posts
    4,528
    Originally posted by jdiaz
    I guess I'll be the first to say it: DARRYL SUCKS!
    Hey, Diaper Dude, tell your wife that I'm incredibly envious of her bikes, too!
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

  11. #26
    Cannonball Rider #52 darrylri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Surf City, USA (Santa Cruz, CA)
    Posts
    4,528
    Originally posted by dlearl
    Lrzpm-How far is the state of confusion from Nevada. I have a friend with a /2 (IIRC) or a 69/S in boxes he's looking for a new home for. He pestered me for a while, then I bought this from him. (Qualifies as an "airhead" doesn't it?) Don't have any pics of my R60/5 or my new R75/5.
    A bevel head single with right side shifter -- very cool. I bet that's a blast! My R60/2 started out (for me) as a total basket case. What does your friend want for his /2 basket?
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

  12. #27
    dlearl476
    Guest
    Originally posted by DarrylRi
    A bevel head single with right side shifter -- very cool. I bet that's a blast! My R60/2 started out (for me) as a total basket case. What does your friend want for his /2 basket?
    So far, the only "blast" has been a jet of water at the car wash before I stripped it. I'll let you know when I get it together. Imagine you're right, it will be. Perfect companion for my other Italian single, my '99 F650!

    When last we spoke, he was asking $2k. If you're interested, I'll find out more.

  13. #28
    I hate labels CANADADAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    45
    Here are some beemer (maybe a ural?) choppers I've found on-line over time...









    Last edited by CanadaDan; 03-12-2004 at 12:08 AM.

  14. #29
    leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Salem, OH
    Posts
    2,888
    I am in Ohio, a fair distance from Nevada. Right now I don't have a shop to work in. I started a new job in January. I want to be there a bit longer before I start using space for "personal" projects. The garage at the apartment does not lend itself to bike restorations, I have to share it with the other tenants. Soon I hope to find a place I can do some rebuilding in. I miss doing that kind of thing, and it makes the winter go much better to have a project. If they are still available when I have the space, I will be interested.

  15. #30
    WesPeterson
    Guest
    Originally posted by lorazepam
    I am in Ohio, a fair distance from Nevada. Right now I don't have a shop to work in. I started a new job in January. I want to be there a bit longer before I start using space for "personal" projects. The garage at the apartment does not lend itself to bike restorations, I have to share it with the other tenants. Soon I hope to find a place I can do some rebuilding in. I miss doing that kind of thing, and it makes the winter go much better to have a project. If they are still available when I have the space, I will be interested.
    I'm in a similar situation as you space wise. I rented a 10x20' storage space at my local self storage facility (with outside access) and have turned it into a garage - I have electricity but no water. It's a great substitute for a garage for those of us who are apartment bound. Just an idea to consider.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •