Page 13 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

Cool My "new" 94 R100GS

Just acquired Saturday, R100GS. Great running bike, almost like new. Really fun to ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love this Bike

Just took delivery of a 1992 R100RS. 7,000 miles and in superb condition. Runs and looks sweet. I love this bike!

Moe L.

bmwmick
    That's a beauty Moe Where did you find one with only 7,000 miles? My '84 R100RS had 14K on it a couple of years ago when I found it up in MN.

Mick

Mick, Thanks. I purchased it from a guy in New Mexico. It took a giant leap of faith for me to buy the bike over the net. The seller was a great guy and helped with the shipping. The bike was actually better than I expected.

Moe L.

bmwmick
    Quote Originally Posted by Moelaz
    Mick, Thanks. I purchased it from a guy in New Mexico. It took a giant leap of faith for me to buy the bike over the net. The seller was a great guy and helped with the shipping. The bike was actually better than I expected.

Moe L.
    Moe,
    That is very similar to my purchase. I had looked for a nice R100RS Twin Shock for about 3 years. Drove over to Ca to look at a couple that were described as (Excellent condition) NOT. Finally found the one in MN and bought it over the net (IBMWR Marketplace). The owner even arranged the shipping and when it arrived I was very pleasantly surprised that it was even better than the pictures and history indicated.
    Congrats on getting a good one!

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by bmwmick
    Moe,
    That is very similar to my purchase. I had looked for a nice R100RS Twin Shock for about 3 years. Drove over to Ca to look at a couple that were described as (Excellent condition) NOT. Finally found the one in MN and bought it over the net (IBMWR Marketplace). The owner even arranged the shipping and when it arrived I was very pleasantly surprised that it was even better than the pictures and history indicated.
    Congrats on getting a good one!

Mick
    Thanks Mick,

Love my R100RS

Moe
    92' R100RS
    96' K1100RS

My idea of winter bike storage

Somehow,when ya can't get out t'ride,with the temperature sittin'at 40 below,it just makes ya feel good,seein'yer scoot,sittin'in the livin'room...
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (38.0 KB, 2348 views)
    Nose

learning...

Living room...

Now thats art! I guess you're single

Quote Originally Posted by Oznay
    Somehow,when ya can't get out t'ride,with the temperature sittin'at 40 below,it just makes ya feel good,seein'yer scoot,sittin'in the livin'room...
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

1971 R75/5

I bought my R75 from the original owner after it had sat for almost 20 years following an electrical short in the main wiring bundle. The pistons were seized, the rubber was rotting, and various parts were missing. It took me two years to get it back into running condition, but it's a sweet bike now. It made the trip to the Spokane rally and back with no problems.
    pmdave

1980 R100 Ural sidecar rig

I bought the R100 new in 1980, and after many years of use I converted it to a sidecar outfit. The conversion got further modified in 1997 to run in the LA-Barstow-Las Vegas dual sport desert ride. I gave the rig to my son, and it has been in Virginia for several years, but It's about to make the coast-to-coast trip back "home" to Washington state for a rebuild.
    pmdave

Hello Dave,

Those are two great looking bikes. But I have to admit that the rig looks like one sweeeet ride.

Fantastic.
    2008 R12RT (Blue)
    1986 R80RT (Silver)

Member of the Loonie-Tics. MOA 292.

My latest Airhead, an award winner!

Here is my "new" '91 R100GS/PD that I picked up this summer. As you can see, it is an award winner. My town has a bike show during it's homecoming celebration each August and I entered the PD. It won it's class. This photo is with the trophy the same day as the show. Can you guess what class?
    Rob Lessen

'07 R12RT
    '14 R12RT LC

Quote Originally Posted by Ksrob
    Here is my "new" '91 R100GS/PD that I picked up this summer. As you can see, it is an award winner. My town has a bike show during it's homecoming celebration each August and I entered the PD. It won it's class. This photo is with the trophy the same day as the show. Can you guess what class?
    Big German Dual Sports?
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Those are some sweet rides y'all got. Here's mine. Well... it's not mine yet, but I've got a deposit on it, and as soon as I sell my F650, I can pay it off.
    --Joe Merlino - Modified '82 R100RT