Page 107 of 184 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2757

Thread: Post a pic of your airhead

Quote Originally Posted by boster12 View Post
    After 8 months of tearing it apart and putting it back together, this is the finished product, (the only thing left to do is the two mirrors).
    Beautiful!!!! Who did the paint job? My R 100/7 needs one...

Greetings from Colorado,
    Armin

fresh picture at Mindoro Cut wi

a fresh picture at the Mindoro Cut
    Attached Images Attached Images
    95 R100Rt, 07 650 GS
    Mike
    Eagle, wi
    "He's gone and nothin gone bring him back"

Quote Originally Posted by QTreiber View Post
    Beautiful!!!! Who did the paint job? My R 100/7 needs one...

Greetings from Colorado,
    Armin
    The paint job was done by Eric Lussier, 2nd Avenue Scooters. He's a one man shop and is really talented. He's does work for local people as well as out of state. What I like about Eric is his preparation. All the body work is absolutely perfect, the pinstripes spot on and the finish is unbeliveabe. On top of that, the price was very reasonable. I was originally referred to Eric by our local BMW shop, they have worked with Eric alot.

His phone number is 602-799-0252.

535IS
    Good eyes on the valve covers, Mark. While I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, I did put them back on correctly when I completed the redo, (probably just got lucky).
    They're marked "Links" (left) and "Rechts" (right) inside. Sometimes, with indifferent previous owners, you can end up with two of the same, like I did. In my case, two 'rights' did make a 'wrong'.

Quote Originally Posted by drpetecrocker View Post
    Hey cool bike! Looks like you might be somewhere over by the Squaw Peak (Phoenix Mountains) area. I just got my first BMW a couple of weeks ago and have been riding. We did a great ride up to 7 springs area today after having breakfast in Cave Creek.

Lets go for a ride some time.
    You have good eyes, I'm just north of the phoenix mountain preserve in the 24th street and Cactus area. What kind of BMW did you buy?

Bert

drpetecrocker
    You have good eyes, I'm just north of the phoenix mountain preserve in the 24th street and Cactus area. What kind of BMW did you buy?

Bert
    Hi Bert,
    I bought a 74 R90/6. It's a good bike, and I am learning it's nuances. I was going to call the guy you recommended for the painting to see if he can get a dent out of my gas tank. It looks like a previous owner took a handlebar end into it.

Quote Originally Posted by mymindsok View Post
    Well, it looks like you need a photo of my old crock!

It's a 1976/6 with a million small changes, major updates and customizations.

Beautiful bike

The paint job was done by Eric Lussier, 2nd Avenue Scooters. He's a one man shop and is really talented. He's does work for local people as well as out of state. What I like about Eric is his preparation. All the body work is absolutely perfect, the pinstripes spot on and the finish is unbeliveabe. On top of that, the price was very reasonable. I was originally referred to Eric by our local BMW shop, they have worked with Eric alot.

His phone number is 602-799-0252.
    Thank you, Bert! Sounds like a rare combination of good quality and reasonable pricing!

Armin

Airhead
    My new to me 1989 R100RT with just 23,400 miles on the clock, at Alice's Restaurant, Center of the World, CA.

Airhead
    My not so new to me 1975 R90/6 with 60,000 miles on the clock, which I have owned 20 years. I am the second owner.

I know I already posted pics of my '78 R80/7, but last night I took the fairing off while trying to chase down a squeaky sound, and boy is that a sexy machine when you take all its clothes off!

On the Road

R100s R80st and a Trail Boss

Cleaning the garage, last weekend, ended up with my bikes lined up on the street, My first legal bike,1973 Kawasaki 100 Trail Boss G4TR a 1983 R80st, supose to be my wifes, but she hasnt got on it yet, a little tall for her and my 1980 R100S Executive Sport
    Last edited by nilsso1; 09-11-2010 at 01:02 AM.

brentde3
    Quote Originally Posted by aircap View Post
    I know I already posted pics of my '78 R80/7, but last night I took the fairing off while trying to chase down a squeaky sound, and boy is that a sexy machine when you take all its clothes off!

Leave it naked!

Quote Originally Posted by brentde3 View Post
    Leave it naked!
    Nah, it looks good, for sure...but I got enough of being a tough guy when I was half my age. I live in Kansas, where we get ALL the weather, and I like to ride every possible day of the year. The fairing is ugly, but by cracky, it makes for a hell of a comfy ride.

Huckleberry, Gilera &Toad kstoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aircap View Post
    Nah, it looks good, for sure...but I got enough of being a tough guy when I was half my age. I live in Kansas, where we get ALL the weather, and I like to ride every possible day of the year. The fairing is ugly, but by cracky, it makes for a hell of a comfy ride.
    "ugly" but so unique!! That Wixom Ranger on your R80 is so retro cool!
    All you need to do is figure away of removing and reinstalling the fairing quickly. In the day I had a CB500T with a Wixom rigged up with wing nuts for quick removal.
    1980 R100T (Gilera), 1982 R100RT (Toad), 1975 R60/6 (cern?¡calo)
    Adventures at the Cave