I need some new boots. What I want...
1. Waterproof. I live in the Pacific Northwet.
2. Armor. It must have ankle and shin armor
3. a hint of the MX. While it isn't my natural environment, I do get off pavement from time to time. My old BMW gortex boots have too much flex in the sole for standing on the pegs for a long time. Also, while they do offer excellent protection for street riding, they're a bit too soft for off-pavement stuff. This past sunday, for example, I wacked my toe something good when a log got kicked up and hit the front of my very soft boots.
4. walkable. This will be my touring boot. I'll wear it everywhere.
5. Under $250 or so. As much as some boots like the Daytona Trans Opens are, I can't afford them.
6. IF possible: I want something that can be resoled.
I might see if, with some work, I can rehab the old BMW Gortex boots into something more rugged, but I think they're about done (80k miles, two getoffs).