Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: rally camping

darcym
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brase View Post

And, this brings me to an existential question: Why, when you wake in the night needing to pee, your first, fleeting thought is that you can ignore the feeling and just go back to sleep? You know that's not going to work and yet you think it might.

John

It's so true, yet you think it every night ... "if I just close my eyes I can go back to sleep and I won't have to get up." And every night it just gets worse until you're forced to get up and go.

I think it's just wishful thinking ...

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darcym View Post
    It's so true, yet you think it every night ... "if I just close my eyes I can go back to sleep and I won't have to get up." And every night it just gets worse until you're forced to get up and go.
    Not only is my body insistent about getting up, but every night my brain gives me a new dream about water. It's NEVER the same dream, and before long, I just let out an "oh maaaaaan" roll out of bed, and head for the head...
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

ESSENTIAL gear, fo me, includes two small flashlights - one to leave turned on inside the tent so I can find it and the other to find all those tent ropes strung between my tent and the Porta.
    I've got a better system. My tent has a mesh pocket right by where the head of my sleeping bag goes. I put the light in the pocket- always easy to find.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad