Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Corsica - A motorcyclist's paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by franze View Post
    Hey, I appreciate the map/ferry info. Looks cool, worth checking out. You seem to get around.
    There is lots more map info on the link below my signature pic. See the 2nd post in that link. The FREE ADAC maps are a bonus and provide all the tour suggestions one could need to start riding the Alps, but then you live there and probably know them all.

Get around? If you only knew how little compared to most BMW riders.

Quote Originally Posted by franze View Post
    Have you ridden in southern Italy? I've heard ALOT of people, many Italian, telling me to forget about driving or riding south of Rome as the drivers and roads are horrible. How many km til you got out of second????
    I've never been south of Livorno yet. I'd like to see Cinque Terre (up the coast a bit) and also the Amalfi coast, but all in time. I wouldn't worry about driving in southern Italy as long as you are attentive, but that applies when driving anywhere. I always get secure locked parking where ever I go and thats probably more important in the south.

My plan is to do Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily in the near future. If it wasn't for work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TR250Tom View Post
    I was tempted to ask why he was following me about 5cm behind my rear bumper.
    Thats normal...well not 5 cm, but you know what I mean. Most North Americans get intimidated and don't really understand why they drive so close. Well in the mountains where you only have straights so long, you can't afford to hang back 100 yards and then decide to pass. You'll never make your pass before the next turn.

Quote Originally Posted by TR250Tom View Post
    And you want to ride a Motorcycle there?
    Been doing it for 13 years. I'm glad unlucky 13 has come and gone. I've never had a problem driving there. In fact, driving in Europe is a pleasure. Far less attitude behind the steering wheels of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti View Post
    do you rent the bike when you get over there???
    No, I use my own. I had an old R65 there between 1995 and 2004 and I've been on the GS Adventure since 2005. The R65 was a bit small for a rider my size, but no complaints; I saw a lot on it and it cost me next to nothing.