Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

Thread: ear plugs

  1. #16
    El Dookey loves to ride. 99007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ada, MI (outside Grand Rapids)
    Posts
    2,045

    I wear electric plugs ($350 a pair)

    They are hooked into my Gerbing heated vest which is in-line with my radar detector which flashes directly onto my left contact lens which is wired in sync with my MPC/GPS/BMF system somehow hooked into my CB/Sat-Cell/DVD transponder remote laptop link to the tire pressure monitor which works in conjunction with my pre-warmed gel seat with breath activated bun pressure activation.
    Ear plugs? Huh? What? Why? Huh?

  2. #17
    Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,799
    Originally posted by knary
    I should also add:
    Since they only cost 10 cents a pair, I discard them as soon as they're remotely dirty. Why stick something nasty in your ear?
    That could easily turn into 7 worst bands ever list.
    -=Brad

    It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

  3. #18
    looking for a coal mine knary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    pdx
    Posts
    5,878
    Originally posted by BradfordBenn
    That could easily turn into 7 worst bands ever list.
    uh-oh...don't get me started on Lynyrd Skynrd.

  4. #19
    Focused kbasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Marin By God County, California
    Posts
    11,639
    Free Bird!

    We used to yell that at Pajama Slave Dancer shows.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

    Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

  5. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bethany, OK
    Posts
    73

    ear plugs

    Thanks for all of the replies, I haven't been on this forum long,
    but I love it already. I got some Super Hearos at the BMW
    dealership in Bentonville, AR while on a quick trip to Springfield,
    MO this past weekend. I haven't tried them yet, but will tomor-
    row.

    The Leight Sleepers will follow as soon as I can get to Walgreens.
    I am planning on a few rallies this years so I'll look for a vendor
    that molds the ear plugs at these events.

    Cliffy777,

    Man, you're not only wired for sound, but just about everything
    else. How are the electronic ear plugs? Are they enough better
    than the molded plugs to make them worth the difference in
    cost?

    Thanks again to all,

    Gerald

  6. #21
    dlearl476
    Guest
    Originally posted by knary
    Go to a local safety supply store. You'll find them in most bigger towns. The few I've been in have bins of all sorts of different earplugs. I tried a couple of each kind of the foam variety before finally settling in on the Howard Leight Max Lite. I then bought a box of 200 pair for $20. These plugs, aside from color and price, are virtually identical to Hearos.
    You can actually buy a ear plug "sampler" from Norton/AO.
    As for the " These plugs, aside from color and price, are virtually identical to Hearos", actually, they're not. If you read the fine print, they all have different levels of attenuation (reduction of noise level) IIRC, the Hearos are ~ 22 db, the Max lites are 22-24 db and, like I posted, the "Leight Sleepers" are the max at 30db, that's why H-L earplugs are color coded.

  7. #22
    looking for a coal mine knary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    pdx
    Posts
    5,878
    Originally posted by dlearl
    You can actually buy a ear plug "sampler" from Norton/AO.
    As for the " These plugs, aside from color and price, are virtually identical to Hearos", actually, they're not. If you read the fine print, they all have different levels of attenuation (reduction of noise level) IIRC, the Hearos are ~ 22 db, the Max lites are 22-24 db and, like I posted, the "Leight Sleepers" are the max at 30db, that's why H-L earplugs are color coded.
    hmm...the Hearos I bought before I discovered the safety stores had a 30 NNR as do the Howard Leight Max Lites. They're even shaped the same, squish same, etc. Maybe they've changed them in the last couple years? I dunno. A little digging on-line suggests otherwise.
    max lites...


    hearos...

  8. #23
    looking for a coal mine knary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    pdx
    Posts
    5,878

  9. #24
    Miserable Mark MarkF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,827
    Originally posted by knary
    Go to a local safety supply store. You'll find them in most bigger towns. The few I've been in have bins of all sorts of different earplugs. I tried a couple of each kind of the foam variety before finally settling in on the Howard Leight Max Lite. I then bought a box of 200 pair for $20. These plugs, aside from color and price, are virtually identical to Hearos.
    Also at Home Depot and Lowes. I like the disposable yellow cylinders. Squish 'em, insert and they expand to fit. The white ones are too hard and the orange bullets are too soft (but those ones are good for camping near snorers or moaners).

    MarkF

  10. #25
    Brrr YB in IN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    1,185
    Originally posted by KBasa
    Free Bird!

    We used to yell that at Pajama Slave Dancer shows.
    I like to yell it during choir concerts myself

    I'd like to also point out that where except for a BMW forum would you ever have such a long and detailed thread about ear plugs. We may in fact be geeks, but at least we're geeks who can still hear when we're being made fun of!

  11. #26
    Miserable Mark MarkF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,827
    Originally posted by YB in IN I'd like to also point out that where except for a BMW forum would you ever have such a long and detailed thread about ear plugs. We may in fact be geeks, but at least we're geeks who can still hear when we're being made fun of!
    Huh?!

    MarkF

  12. #27
    El Dookey loves to ride. 99007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ada, MI (outside Grand Rapids)
    Posts
    2,045

    Gerald - sorry, but I lied.....

    GERALD WROTE: Cliffy777,
    Man, you're not only wired for sound, but just about everything
    else. How are the electronic ear plugs? Are they enough better
    than the molded plugs to make them worth the difference in
    cost?
    Gerald

    Dude, I lied. Told a whopper. Did a Billy C. Stretched the truth. Prevaricated.
    Don't got no plugs, don't got no 'lectronics at all.
    Welcome to the forum - ain't it a blast? Look at all the helpful posts you got and only one ******* post (mine).
    You are doing good!

  13. #28
    Focused kbasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Marin By God County, California
    Posts
    11,639
    Cliffy's just wired.

    Totally. That's why we love him.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

    Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

  14. #29
    Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,799
    Originally posted by YB in IN
    I'd like to also point out that where except for a BMW forum would you ever have such a long and detailed thread about ear plugs. We may in fact be geeks, but at least we're geeks who can still hear when we're being made fun of!
    Heck I even brought this into work and put it on the bulletin board.
    -=Brad

    It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

  15. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bethany, OK
    Posts
    73

    ear plugs

    This forum is awesome, thanks to all for the input and especial-
    ly to Cliffy777 for a good laugh.

    Gerald

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •