Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Photo Assignment: Weekend 10/19/07

Help I have a Shutterfly account

And I want to post multiple pictures and can not figure outhow to use the manage attachments to upload fronm a site. Help?
    Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    14 R1200RT (currently parked) 07 R1200RT

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by MLS2GO View Post
    And I want to post multiple pictures and can not figure outhow to use the manage attachments to upload fronm a site. Help?
    PM sent.

Shadow of a doubt 140 years later

Missouri had more civilians killed in the Civil War than any other state. It was the only Slave State not to secede. There was much atrocity in border raids from both Kansas and Missouri on each other civilians. In Higginsville MO there is a Confederate Cemetery and Memorial. There is controversy yet today. Here is the photo story.

In it is this chapel.

This is the donation box in the chapel. What tales could it tell?

But this is what causes the doubts even today.

As you can see this is the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. However over the years it has changed to mean Slavery to many people. Actually the Confderate Flag looked like this. These are photos of displays at the Cemetery. There are many more "Confederate Flags" than these in their display.

Until a few years ago the Confederate Flag flew over this Confederate Cemetery and Memorial.

The previous Governor took the flag down. The current Governoor allows the flag to fly on Memorial Day only. Here's the flagpole with US and Missouri Flags flying, and obligatory shot of my bike.

Also in the Cemetery is the Grave of William Quantrill the leader of Quantrill's Raiders, also known as the Missouri Partisan Rangers whose members included the James Brothers and the Youngers and his second in command, Bloody Bill Anderson. (More of this group is certain to be in another photo essay.) If you saw the movie Ride with the Devil you learned some of the story.

Here's a look at the Cemetery.

Over 140 years later there is still a doubt as to who were the good guys and who were the bad guys to many in this area. Should a Soldier who fought for a cause they felt worth dying for, be allowed to rest forever under his Flag or the Flag of the Victors? It has been said the Winners write the history. I don't have the definitive answer, but still believe there is a shadow of a doubt to some of these questions.
    Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    14 R1200RT (currently parked) 07 R1200RT

Jackie

Smile fall is here...

My weekend ride out Hwy 224 east of Estacada towards Detroit Lake. This stop was at Ripplebrook Ranger Station and the most "color" I could find.
    Jackie

'04 piedmont red RT Prrr-T aka Purty
    PDX
    well behaved women rarely make history...
    Blue Knights Oregon I, IBA #16940

Quote Originally Posted by jackie View Post
    My weekend ride out Hwy 224 east of Estacada towards Detroit Lake. This stop was at Ripplebrook Ranger Station and the most "color" I could find.
    I know that station entirely too well. Beware the bathroom.