Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Advice on Moto Tours in UK

Quote Originally Posted by coutel View Post
    There are a hundred good pubs to visit in and around Cornwall.....just look for a Church and the old pubs will be directly beside them...

ps..its the Lost Gardens of 'Heligan' just out side of Mevagissey (used to live there).
    Cheers.
    Lucky sod!

There is a Lostwithiel somewhere in Cornwall though isn't there? (The Lost part probably ingrained itself in my subconscious and by association I mixed the two).

Strange how closely linked the Holy Spirit and the Distilled spirit are, although I seem to remember the pub to church ratio was at least 2:1.
    My potential in-laws lived in Fowey. They were great folk, couldn't say the same about their daughter though!
    My UK homes started in Cannock, moved via B'ham, New York and a few other places around Europe and Southern Africa to a small island just off the east coast near Colchester. Now here on Pac NW.

crimping magic

Stat,

I can see the attraction of Cornwall, however, Wales has much to offer too and being in Wales will be nearer.

All along the border with England are monuments to the rivalry of territorial ownership, so history and culture abounds. There's Hereford for instance and the Cathedral with one of the earliest illustrated manuscripts in the world.
    Hay on Wye-as mentioned previously, second hand book capitol of the world.
    Gloucester, with the antiques at the old harbour, a whole bundle of things. Cardiff itself can offer three days of exploration.

That's the thing I miss most over here in the US, especially the "newer" west coast, there's just not the association with things that have happened in the previous two millenia. England and Wales add a richness of depth to almost every town and city, due to the fact that "stuff" has happened there. There are tales to tell, imaginations to be coloured and all within the tight confines of a small island. I used to live on a "gentleman's yacht" built of teak in 1860-older than the State of washington-as a State recognised in law. I walked to my office through a gate build in AD 45 by the romans and ate lunch on a wall of the same time, when the sun shone. The Welsh and Cornish, plus the Scots and Irish to a degree were forced to these edges by the angles and the saxons and so their history goes back even further than the roman invasions.

Pasties...now they are made deep in the cornish tin mines where beautiful fairies crimp the crusts between their wings and sprinkle on a little magic dust. Everyone knows that!

Just got the news - I get to ride the new F800 GS when I take my class!

Good and bad - love to ride but may have to convince my wife that I need to sell the 650 and get the 800 - not looking forward to that conversation

But damnit its a 800 GS!

Quote Originally Posted by uncutshirt View Post
    Just got the news - I get to ride the new F800 GS when I take my class!

Good and bad - love to ride but may have to convince my wife that I need to sell the 650 and get the 800 - not looking forward to that conversation

But damnit its a 800 GS!
    You lucky sod!