Thread: Crash on the way to Shilo rally/need parts

DLJ

Crash on the way to Shilo rally/need parts

Well the trip to Shilo rally didn't go quite as planned. I made it about 30 mi from Pickwick and woke up in the back of an ambulance. I have no idea what happen.Alot of scuff and bruises. If i did'nt wear a full face helment it would have been alot worse, apparently I went down face first , not even a scuff on my gloves. If anyone has a upper faring and left front foot peg let me know. I think a good body shop can repair the side panels.
    Thanks,
    Don

Don sorry to hear about your crash. I had a bearing go out in my transmission. I hope the parts come today to repair the transmission.

Don
    Last edited by donbmw; 10-12-2007 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJERROLDS View Post
    If anyone has a upper faring and left front foot peg let me know. I think a good body shop can repair the side panels.
    It might help if you stated which bike, the 03K1200RS or the 97RT. Just sayin'.

crgrbrts
    It sounds as if you either hit an obstacle in the road, were rear-ended by an SUV, or struck by a meteor.

I'm certainly glad you're substantially okay. I recently went down when a Verizon service truck pulled out head-on about 20 feet in front of me on a narrow side street. Luckily I had come to a full stop when he rammed me lightly (chatting on his cell phone). I was unhurt except for a cracked rib, but my K75S is still in surgery awaiting an upper front side panel.

It happens.

DLJ

Shilo crash

Sorry
    03K1200RS blue/wite

I am glad you are ok. We heard about your accident at the rally.
    You may want to check ebay for parts.
    Last edited by bmwmotowoman; 10-14-2007 at 03:50 AM. Reason: addition

DLJ
    Well it has been over a week now, and i still dont remember the accident but I am ok i type alittle slower and can't ever find my coffee or pen. I get a ct scan this week but i feel all will be ok. I have located a center faring but still no foot peg or turn signal. For now I may leave thr war wound on the left side. I think the radiator can be repaired. With no real delays i will be riding again in about two weeks. thanks for the support