Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Assignment: Weekend 10/13/07

SNC1923

Photo Assignment: Weekend 10/13/07

Having fun yet?

Our photo assignment threads (this is our sixth) are averaging 1,800 hits. That's a lot of folks looking in to see what's going on. If you are one of them, we hope you'll consider joining us to share your photographic interpretations of the themes.

However, to forestall chaos, we humbly offer these simple rules:

• Photos must be shot this weekend: Fri, Sat, or Sun.
    • You must provide the EXIF information if asked (we'll help you, if you'd like to know how to get it).
    • No photoshop alteration (we're looking to improve your skills with your camera, not software).
    • Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
    • Post only one photo per post, so that commentary can be easily provided for that photo.
    • Post your photos in this thread only. Do not start a thread in reply to this assignment. Please post your photos no later than next Wednesday.
    • And, the most important rule: have fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.

This week's theme: "Group Dynamic."

Our friends at Wikipedia define group dynamics as "the study of groups, and also a general term for group processes. In psychology and sociology, a group is two or more individuals who are connected to each other by social relationships. Because they interact and influence each other, groups develop a number of dynamic processes that separate them from a random collection of individuals. These processes include norms, roles, relations, development, need to belong, social influence, and effects on behavior.

As with other challenges, interpret this theme as you will. I merely offer the definition above as a jumping-off place. You need not limit your definition of groups to "individual" humans.

Now get out there and take some pictures.

How do you expect me to get this theme when I'm not going to a rally this weekend?

Oh well, I enjoy a good challenge!

@ the Big Muddy & I-80 bluestune's Avatar

Thumbs up Group Dynamic

Very interesting............
    1976 R90/6

Excellent. Maybe I'll actually have an opportunity to take some pictures this weekend.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmetzger View Post
    How do you expect me to get this theme when I'm not going to a rally this weekend?

Oh well, I enjoy a good challenge!
    Try any convenient biker bar about 11:00 p.m. Ought to be good for some kind of group dynamic.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Try any convenient biker bar about 11:00 p.m. Ought to be good for some kind of group dynamic.

Sadly it's 50 degrees right now, and only going to get colder. Those guys will be in their cages. Maybe I can catch a few getting into their trucks with the brand stickers affixed to the back windows.

trucks with the brand stickers
    Dwon here in TexSux there are more trucks with Harley-stickers on back windows than there are actual Harleys.
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

SNC1923
    Statdawg, each of these is a great image. I LOVE the one on the field, and it fits the theme perfectly. Excellent color, composition, and angle. I'll have more to say about it next week.

Of the QB shots, I like the first better as I think it tells more of a story. The second one is unfortunate because it has Chris Farley (RIP) in the background cleaning his fingernails!

Really cool shots.

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    Statdawg, each of these is a great image. I LOVE the one on the field, and it fits the theme perfectly. Excellent color, composition, and angle. I'll have more to say about it next week.

Of the QB shots, I like the first better as I think it tells more of a story. The second one is unfortunate because it has Chris Farley (RIP) in the background cleaning his fingernails!

Really cool shots.
    Chris Farley.

Looks like I missed a good game!!! (and nice shots!)

I missed several chances this morning. I left my camera at home when I went to the park. There were LOTS of opportunities to get groups of deer.

grossjohann

For Every Group There is a Recluse

This was taken outside a busy farm-stand. Every week we collect our organic vegetable "farm share" from this small barn in Upstate New York. Farm shares like this build the local economy, keep small farms alive, and help the environment.
    Last edited by grossjohann; 01-20-2008 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Image lost when thread moved to Photography Forum

grossjohann

Setting Up for the Rush

Unfortunately, the group dynamic isn't really clear in this shot. These guys were so organized there wasn't much of a group to see... They had soccer moms driving their SUV's through a coral. The orders were taken up front, next stop payment was taken, and their order was delivered right to their car at the final stop.

The entire town smelled like BBQ.
    Last edited by grossjohann; 01-20-2008 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Image lost when thread moved to Photography Forum

rocketman
    A few shots from Mortons BMW dealer Octoberfest in northern VA

RM

Wisconsin's cool October air

Geese and Pumpkins everywhere

Geese heard

Cow herd