Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Subscription sales at July MOA Rally

Rider magazine

I also just cancelled and asked for a refund. Was a little hesitant to give my CC info, but she assures me it will be done today and she will mail me a receipt. We will see......

Kas

I dealt with these people before in at the Sturgis Rally. Subscribed in August called several times didn't start getting the magazines until March. Stay away from them. I do not know if we can keep them away from rallies but sure wouldn't give them an invite.

KAS Associates

Got my refund. Called my Bank and confirmed, also got the Refund slip from them....
    My wife said Rider magazine called and they were sending the subscription anyway, I think she must have misunderstood. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by erickson9502 View Post
    I dealt with these people before in at the Sturgis Rally. Subscribed in August called several times didn't start getting the magazines until March. Stay away from them. I do not know if we can keep them away from rallies but sure wouldn't give them an invite.
    Surely the company can be denied admittance at future rallies! Their application can simply be denied. It might also be a policy in the future to ask for and check references from vendor applicants that are unknown...

Angry MCN-Renewal Vendor at IMS Show in DC Jan 9-11

It's Sunday Jan 11 and I just got home to Boston from the Washington, DC IMS Motorcycle Show: There was a booth with MCN and another 9 or so related magazines hawking renewal deals to the passing crowd. I easily recognized the man and woman behind the counter from some previous show(s) or rally(s). He was quiet but she used her scratchy smoker's voice to hawk loudly at all passersby. I found her aggressiveness to be a turn off and I did not inquire or extend this time, although I remember doing so several years ago. Don't know if it was KAS but it was the same vendor I have seen before.
    I did extend my MOA membership 3 years at their booth manned by Mike Fridel and another gent.
    I was SHOCKED that BMW Motorcycles and Bob's BMW dealership were NOT at the DC show! Out of 13 locations this year in 2009, I was told BMW is showing at 4 of them, including NYC next weekend (don't know if there were any venues in late 2008 as in some years).
    Also missing were Sean Franklin & Cycle Gadgets.com. The stunt motorcycle show was replaced by stunt bicycle show!
    I will not be back there next year, after a 5 year run.
    Mark
    2002 R1150R Atlanta Blue
    2004 R1150RT Platinum
    2005 K1200LT Graphite
    www.linkedin.com/in/markmacrae

I ordered Motorcyclist from KAS at the Gillette rally. I have yet to receive an issue. About a month ago I mailed a copy of the receipt and a letter asking them to please start my issues. I have heard nothing and I have not received any Motorcyclist magazines. If I see them at the Chicago IMS show I'll certainly have a word with them and I'll wait until there are lots of people there signing up for subscriptions.

I'll never do business with them again.
    Marilyn Roberts
    K75, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    St. Louis
    Built for comfort, not for speed.

I sent them yet another email a few weeks ago. Yesterday I received the first issue of my subscription.
    scott conary - BMW... err...umm... bikes are dangerous
    portland, oregon
    www.scottconary.com | new paintings

kencc
    Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    I sent them yet another email a few weeks ago. Yesterday I received the first issue of my subscription.
    I called them 3 times told me I would get Rider starting in Dec. Never happened so I called my credit card C. & they reversed the charges. I hope they are not at this years rally & if they are I will warn people of the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by kencc View Post
    I called them 3 times told me I would get Rider starting in Dec. Never happened so I called my credit card C. & they reversed the charges. I hope they are not at this years rally & if they are I will warn people of the problems.
    I wonder if a note from the MOA Executive Director to the marketing firm might help. Just a thought...

This sure seems like a situation where we as members need to see just what the high authorities in the organization do on our behalf.

Hopefully with some pressure the company can be convinced to make good on these problem dealings.

Even if these complaints are resolved I would hope that consideration is being given to not having this vendor at the 2009 rally. So far they seem to have generated a lot more problems for our members and guests than I would expect a first class business would.

I Googled "KAS Associates" and it seems that MOA Members are not the only ones who have reported problems with this company.

I was so busy looking and buying cool stuff that I forgot about the Rider subscription I purchased. I just got off the phone with Citicard and sure enough I spent 27 bucks with KAS. The paperwork is on the way for me to sign. One more vote that these guys get permabanned at all rallies!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffMiller View Post
    I was so busy looking and buying cool stuff that I forgot about the Rider subscription I purchased. I just got off the phone with Citicard and sure enough I spent 27 bucks with KAS. The paperwork is on the way for me to sign. One more vote that these guys get permabanned at all rallies!
    Geoff,
    I imagine that our staff and/or directors have already taken steps to blackball this company, unless of course there is a legitimate reason for it's tardiness that we are not aware of; at least I hope so!

Another KAS issue

I took advantage of the "get two years for the price of one" MCN deal at the Cycle World show in Phoenix in November. Just got my first issue but it only shows a one year subscription. I contacted MCN and was told that it was between me and KAS. Why do they use these scammers when there is so much negative information out there?

Quote Originally Posted by mealey View Post
    I took advantage of the "get two years for the price of one" MCN deal at the Cycle World show in Phoenix in November. Just got my first issue but it only shows a one year subscription. I contacted MCN and was told that it was between me and KAS. Why do they use these scammers when there is so much negative information out there?
    Vendors pay a fee to host organizations for the right to display and sell at rallies. Right? I guess it's caveat emptor.