Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Subscription sales at July MOA Rally

Subscription sales at July MOA Rally

Have any other members experienced problems with magazine subscriptions purchased from KAS Associates at this summer's BMWMOA Rally in Wisconsin? My two riding buddies and I all renewed our subscriptions to Motorcycle Consumer News at the rally on July 10 ( MCN "knows nothing" and has no phone number that I can find and replies to email messages with a canned and very unhelpful response). I now fully realize that KAS Associates is an independent vendor (something I didn't realize at the time) but KAS's phone either goes unanswered or messages left are not returned. Now our subscription have lapsed. Is this fraud or incompetence on the part of KAS? We had seen KAS booths at previous BMWMOA rallies so we assumed legitimacy. Any other members with experience or knowledge on this? 'Praps we are just each out our $41....ouch and anger.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" Satchell Paige

RK Ryder
    I was just thinking about my Consumer Magazine subscription. At the time, I believe they told me that my two year subscription would not start until October. After your experience, I guess I'll have to e-mail / call Consumer Magazine. I assumed that I was dealing with the actual mag company. Let's hope the magazines shows up soon. Please post when yours do arrive.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    I extended my subscription but have yet to see the change on the label.

Quote Originally Posted by refinger View Post
    Have any other members experienced problems with magazine subscriptions purchased from KAS Associates at this summer's BMWMOA Rally in Wisconsin? My two riding buddies and I all renewed our subscriptions to Motorcycle Consumer News at the rally on July 10 ( MCN "knows nothing" and has no phone number that I can find and replies to email messages with a canned and very unhelpful response). Any other members with experience or knowledge on this? 'Praps we are just each out our $41....ouch and anger.
    If this continues to be a problem, you may want to contact Paul Johnson, Consumer Liason poorpaul@sbcglobal.net

Good luck
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

Thank you Karol. If this situation persists I will pursue it in a variety of ways....it may make for a good winter pastime. Also I would hope that, if proven warranted, BMWMOA will not allow KAS Associates in again as rally vendors to prey on our membership.

Add me to the list. I bought a MCN sub from them but have yet to get an issue.

John

EDIT 10/15/07: I got my first isue in the mail this weekend. In the words of Emily Litella, "never mind."
    Last edited by John Brase; 10-15-2007 at 07:06 PM.

I will ask Sam Munn for their contact information.

Sue
    ... (2007 Rally Chairman)
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Angry Contact Info

Here is the contact info from the receipt: KAS Associates, LOCK BOX 659, GURNEE, IL, 60031 / 847/623-1515 Fax: 847/623-5676.

Many calls have resulted in one contact with a woman who claimed that "maybe they just hadn't been sent in yet to MCN" (this was in mid-September). She promised to get back to me the next day but never did.

Jim Inloes
    I too, have yet to see a change in my subscription. I'm going to contact my credit card company and dispute the charge. That should get KAS Associates' attention. I'd suggest others do the same. Power in numbers.

I ordered Motorcycle Consumer News at the National. Called a few weeks ago to check on it. They said I would get it in about a month. Got my first issue yesterday. Good luck getting yours. Barry

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    I ordered Motorcycle Consumer News at the National. Called a few weeks ago to check on it. They said I would get it in about a month. Got my first issue yesterday. Good luck getting yours. Barry
    I got my sub to MCN that I bought at the national, but instead of extending my current sub which expires in May '08, they started an additional sub. I made a point of trying to avoid that with the vendor, but it didn't help.
    I'm done with KAS. I'll see now if MCN will fix it.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

Anyone else subscribe to RoadRunner Magazine at the Rally? I thought I was dealing with the magazine direct, but have yet to see an issue. Not really sure who took my money. Receipt? What receipt?
    Dan

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    If charge was made on a credit card the charge should be on the statement. No statement? Most companies go back several months on the Web.

I took out a subscription to MCN at the rally. The first issue arrived yesterday.

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mccodavj View Post
    I took out a subscription to MCN at the rally. The first issue arrived yesterday.
    MCN just emailed me and said that they will append my renewal to my original subscription. No lost issues. They rock.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")