Thread: 2008 Rally Schedule

Hybrid View

2008 Rally Schedule

I have to bid my 2008 vacation time in a couple of months. I would love to know when/where rallies are going to be held so I can try and plan my vacations for maximum rally exposure. If anyone would like to post their rally dates it would be greatly appreciated. I dont need complete details, just dates for now. The rally schedule in our magazine is a great resource for the details closer to rally time. Maybe others on the forum would appreciate having this information a bit early for planning purposes. Thanks.

Mark
    04 R1150RT

Me too - what are the dates for the '08 rally?

Quote Originally Posted by scootrp125x View Post
    I have to bid my 2008 vacation time in a couple of months. I would love to know when/where rallies are going to be held so I can try and plan my vacations for maximum rally exposure. If anyone would like to post their rally dates it would be greatly appreciated. I dont need complete details, just dates for now. The rally schedule in our magazine is a great resource for the details closer to rally time. Maybe others on the forum would appreciate having this information a bit early for planning purposes. Thanks.

Mark
    Hey now,

The when and where really don't get filled up until the Feb issue. Having said this the organized clubs (who tend to host the best events) will have all their info in the January issue.

I would also suggest you report or ask a mod to move this to Chartered Clubs and local events as you might get more info there.

If you have a geographic area you want to explore you could also surf the web for local clubs in the area. Most rallies are on a annual schedule, i.e. Charter Oak is always Memorial Day, Damn Yankess is always the first full weekend in August, etc.

HTH.

vincewinkel

rallies

Hey folks,

The date for the MOA 2008 Rally has been on the homepage for several months now. Just scroll down and you'll see it.

Also, for all the club rallies, when we get notified of dates we place them in the Online "When and Where" section right away.... so have a look. Click on "Happenings" on the left side of the homepage and what we have for 2008 is listed ...

Thanks,
    Vince

Thanks. I know this seems to be way to early but I have to carve my 2008 vacations in stone by the beginning of January.
    04 R1150RT

I feel your pain...
    I have to have mine in (4 weeks) by the end of the month
    Sanders

Thanks. I know this seems to be way to early but I have to carve my 2008 vacations in stone by the beginning of January.
    Your best bet is to find a copy of an Owners News from last spring. Most event are the same or close to the same weekend from year to year.

Pick a few that look interesting and call the contact person for next year's date.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to archive the when and where on-line.

Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    Your best bet is to find a copy of an Owners News from last spring. Most event are the same or close to the same weekend from year to year.

Pick a few that look interesting and call the contact person for next year's date.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to archive the when and where on-line.
    Thanks, good idea. I checked a couple of club websites but they had not posted their 2008 dates yet.
    04 R1150RT

Thanks, good idea. I checked a couple of club websites but they had not posted their 2008 dates yet.
    Bear in mind that many of the clubs don't have the same horsepower for updates to websites and such, or they don't get to it until later in the year, hence the suggestion to contact last year's chair.

I would also suggest posting questions about specific rallies in the Chartered Club and local events section. I am sure somebody from the club involved will help you out.

Hiawatha Rally (MN) always the weekend after Memorial Day.
    WIDells (WI) always the weekend after Labor Day.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, Director MOA Foundation
    2008/2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair

Muneio

Mark
    Check here for a list of places and times.

Bill