Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Photo Assignment: Weekend 10/06/07

REBECCAV
    Great pictures everyone! I had some trouble with the "Blue" theme too - I just didn't have any 'blue' moments this weekend!! I'll post mine tomorrow.

Sl??*inte mhath!
    Lots of great competition here!

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right as it is my first post, so I hope I get it right.

This is our youngest Bouvier, Lena. She's probably pouting because she can't read the ON.

SNC1923
    Hey Kevin,

Glad you're joining us. Looks blue to me. Poor Lena. I'll bet she can read. She just can't turn the pages (no opposable thumbs).

REBECCAV

Blue

Here is my submission.

I don't particularly want to explain why it says Blue to me. Does anyone feel like an explanation is important to viewing the photo?

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by boxergrrlie View Post
    Does anyone feel like an explanation is important to viewing the photo?
    Important? Probably not. . . . Most explanations (of any kind, not just these phots) are more important to the speaker than the listener.

I'm OK with them, but I admire those who feel that the picture speaks for itself, which it should--explanation or not. Having said that, "blue" has proven to be the most challenging these so far.

I particularly admire Voni's approach this week. Inspiringly creative. Poor little feller. When I hit my thumb with a hammer, the result is also blue, but that refers the stream of obscenities spewing from my mouth making all sailors and teamsters within earshot blush.

I saw many opportunities while riding to capture a shot related to this theme, but I just wasn't in the mood "to stop and smell the roses" this weekend.

Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    You meet the nicest people on a BMW. Met Jim and Linda Melanson of Latham, New York at the big tent sale Orvis holds in Manchester, Vermont.

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boxergrrlie View Post
    Here is my submission.

I don't particularly want to explain why it says Blue to me. Does anyone feel like an explanation is important to viewing the photo?
    No. I don't think so. How it makes me feel is what it is. That would be even more of what it is to me in B&W.
    But it is interesting, too, how it makes the artist feel. That's something else and it might give me a different view.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    boxergrrlie

Marshall McLuhan:

"The Medium is the Message"

SNC1923
    Boxergrrlie's original question has led to some really interesting discussion. . . . Great thought and arguments all the way around.

@ the Big Muddy & I-80 bluestune's Avatar

Blue

The inspiration for these two shots came from washing the car, or to be honest, not washing the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1976 R90/6

@ the Big Muddy & I-80 bluestune's Avatar

Blue Too

When I shoot something I almost always see several more shots, here is the last one. These two shots were taken in my driveway. A work light served as the light source and a piece of white cardboard pulled from the trash was my reflector.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bluestune; 10-09-2007 at 01:57 AM. Reason: gramatical goofyness
    1976 R90/6

OUTBACKUFO
    so it decided to snow on Saturday coming down Independence Pass...

Got Blue Fingers from taking too many photos in an aspen grove...

OUTBACKUFO
    TinCup, Colorado Town Hall....

was stormy in Aspen area just 35 miles north over the the mountains... but everwhere else it sas just windy and cold but clear....

all images shot with nikon D70 28-70 mm lens with an f11 appature...

OUTBACKUFO
    the John Sexton Aspen Grove on Independance pass

3 second exposure time on a tripod