Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Photo Assignment: Weekend 10/06/07

I have taken this road several times and the photo alway turns out different with the position/strength of the sun and the different seasons. I just love the way the Amish have restored the rural environment of the countryside..

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    I really like this one, Santa.

I'm going to go with Dave on this one. Of the three, this is the standout photo. It's an ordinary picture of an unusual bit of pavement. Gorgeous bike. I love the light filtering through the trees. Low contrast and really nice.

You're going to go back and remove the beer can? It's precisely this attention to deal that leads to these kinds of photos.

An old fence, windmill and a low sunlight in a blue sky.

This week's pic

This was taken at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City MO. The Stsdium is udergoing massivbe restorations and improvements and the Season Ticket Holders were invited out to the Stadium for a last look. The Royals colors are blue and white note the home team dugout in the foreground, the blue skies, the blue trimmed scorebaord, the blue of the water in the fountains and of course the red white and blue blowing in the breeze. This was taken with my point and shoot and you can see the distortion in the corners from the lense. Really taken as a commemorative snapshot, but still fit the idea of blue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    12 K1600GTL 07 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by BeerTeam View Post

An old fence, windmill and a low sunlight in a blue sky.
    Classic compositional elements here. The fence post leads you in, the windmill gives it interest.

Beautifully done.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    Forget the assignment tell me about that R 80 GS or I will be blue.

It is a new to me 1988 R100gs. The bike has a White GS flyscreen/windshield that I am will someday put back on. The Front fender I plan on raising to the original high location.The GS looks like and old school R80 GS without the flyscreen. The 1988 is just like the Black Bumble Bee GS.

I had a 1985 R80RT that I sold last spring, with the intent to get a Airhead GS. I was telling that to a friend and I now am a GS Airhead owner. It cost me $1500 to upgrade. I am happy. The GS has a bunch of the needed upgrades. The Airhead with the white paint is a little harder to blend into a photo than my silver 2002 Oilhead GS.

I have been on a few Dual Sport Adventure Ride with the Oilhead GS, but it is just to heavy to do what I want it to do.

Here are a few pics that I took last Saturday of my "new" GS

Last edited by BeerTeam; 12-14-2007 at 11:17 PM.

REBECCAV
    Sweet bike Santa! It looks like it is really in great shape.

Neat shots of a neat bike. The first and fifth shots above might very well have been in the original sales brochure. You sure have some cool places to ride, man, and a cool ride to do it on.

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    You sure have some cool places to ride,
    Tom, I think everyone in America has neat places to ride to. I just go out and try to find these places in my backyard.

When I show a person who lives in Wisconsin my Wisconsin photos, they comment great photos. Show the same photos to someone who lives outside of Wisconsin, and they will comment what a beautiful place.

One aspect of living in a area that has distinct season changes you can play the four seasons to your advantage. As you have noticed I headed north till I hit Fall colors three weeks ago. I will follow the Fall Colors south into southern Wisconsin (or maybe I should get some yard work done) in the next few weeks. We have the Lake Michigan effect, also as a factor and I actually took Fall colors into November. After the Fall colors and the leaves are on the ground, bare trees are also cool to photograph.

Many times I am taking picture, and I get "the look", and I know what people are thinking. They are thinking what the heck is he taking a picture of that for or why is he laying on the ground or climbing on something.

That is when you know it going to be a good shot.

Yer killin' me over here, man.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Taken at the Return to Shiloh Rally last Saturday. It was a lazy day in the pines.
    Marilyn Roberts
    K75, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    St. Louis
    Built for comfort, not for speed.

That's a beautifully simple composition Marilyn. Often less is more.
    Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST