Thread: Three Bond 1207 B sealant alternatives?

buckeyeclark

Three Bond 1207 B sealant alternatives?

Today I had to remove the oil sump (pan) from my K100RT. The Hanes manual says to apply a "thin smear" of Three Bond 1207 B Sealant to the mating surface upon re-fitting. I do not have any Three Bond 1207 B sealant. Is there anything else that would be acceptable for use in it's place that I may be able to pick up at an auto parts store or the local Harley/Honda dealer? I would like to put the bike back together tomorrow and do not want to wait to have the Three Bond stuff shipped to me from the BMW dealer. If there is nothing else that is acceptable I will order it and impatiently await it's arrival. Thanks

Hi, Buckeye,
    Hie thee down to thy local auto parts store - Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc. Buy a tube of Permatex Ultra-Gray. I use it on the K1100LT and K75 for the half moons and timing cover joints on the valve cover gasket. It is the same as Hondabond, Yamabond, Dreibond, etc. and is sensor-safe.
    Ride Safe,
    Phil Marvin - El Paso, TX
    '94 K75A/3
    '95 K75RTP

buckeyeclark
    Quote Originally Posted by PHMarvin View Post
    Hi, Buckeye,
    Hie thee down to thy local auto parts store - Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc. Buy a tube of Permatex Ultra-Gray. I use it on the K1100LT and K75 for the half moons and timing cover joints on the valve cover gasket. It is the same as Hondabond, Yamabond, Dreibond, etc. and is sensor-safe.

Why thank thee!!!

Encumbered by employment BouncinBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PHMarvin View Post
    Hi, Buckeye,
    Hie thee down to thy local auto parts store - Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc. Buy a tube of Permatex Ultra-Gray.
    I have used this too with good results.
    Bouncin Bob Malehorn
    Treasurer - BMWMOA
    Mentor OH
    98 K12RS RIP
    02 K12RS
    03 R1150R Hers
    69 H1

Yamabond is about a direct replacement - and available at your friendly local Yamahahaha dealer..
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche