Thread: RA Rally?

jeremell

RA Rally?

Anyone heard when and where the RA rally will be next year?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremell View Post
    Anyone heard when and where the RA rally will be next year?
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

http://www.bmwra.org/

no answers here yet...
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

I think last year they announced it on December 22nd.

RA Rally

Talked with several insiders at the BMW MOA Open House in St Louis a couple weeks ago. Sounds like the RA is trying to put a spot in place for the weekend after Paonia and maybe do a link like they did two years ago. Nothing definite yet but they are a talking!

Mike Hankinson Hudsonville MI

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMike View Post
    Talked with several insiders at the BMW MOA Open House in St Louis a couple weeks ago. Sounds like the RA is trying to put a spot in place for the weekend after Paonia and maybe do a link like they did two years ago. Nothing definite yet but they are a talking!
    Hopefully THEY will pick a place that has sufficient motel rooms available, and at a reasonable rate (like $100/night or less). I just spent a futile 4 hours on internet and phone trying to find something in Gillette for less than $150 (most were $200 or over) or even to find a room, as half the places in town are already sold out. I'm hoping the RA rally is in a good spot, if so I'll probably write off the MOA rally and just do the RA.

Gillette?????? YGTBSM!

GTRider

Ozarks?

I've heard rumors that the rally will be in the Ozarks .... but don't quote me
    Titan Silver 2009 R1200RT
    Red 2010 Honda Elite 110

.... and as I shifted into sixth gear, I couldn't remember a thing she said ....

Quote Originally Posted by BeemerArp View Post
    I've heard rumors that the rally will be in the Ozarks .... but don't quote me
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    He said not to quote him!
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    Hopefully THEY will pick a place that has sufficient motel rooms available, and at a reasonable rate (like $100/night or less). I just spent a futile 4 hours on internet and phone trying to find something in Gillette for less than $150 (most were $200 or over) or even to find a room, as half the places in town are already sold out. I'm hoping the RA rally is in a good spot, if so I'll probably write off the MOA rally and just do the RA.

GTRider
    I go to Rallies that are east of the Mississippi River and south of the Mason Dixon Line (I deviated from the Mason Dixon Line rule a couple of times)
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Gillette?????? YGTBSM!

GTRider

Boo hoo for you!

Gillette?????? YGTBSM!

GTRider
    When you call, tell them you're with the BMW "block" and prices will be some small amount better than the rack rates.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.