Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I post a picture?

Dougger
    It sure is!! Escanaba... sans the Penske truck! I wondered how long it would take for someone to recognize him.

Dougger
    Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    That looks like Boomyr!
    how about this guy?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougger
    how about this guy?
    His Dookiness!
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

honu
    Let's see if this works.

honu
    the last one was so tiny, I thought I could try again.
    This is above Ashland, day trip to Hyatt lake.

honu
    Ok. The last 2 pics I uploaded came out so small. I admit to being a computer idiot, but it seems that I should be able to do this with a bigger picture. Clearly other people have. We shall see how this one turns out.
    It's me sliding in the snow on a hike earlier this month. Maybe someone could help me figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Honu
    the last one was so tiny, I thought I could try again.
    This is above Ashland, day trip to Hyatt lake.

FZ6?

honu
    Rich,
    No, R1000S - (the bike). I will see if I can work this thing out and present a picture where it's easy to identify the bike. I'm new to this picture thing. With the size that my pictures came out, it's really hard to tell that it's even a motorcycle.

honu
    Still small. The computer continues to tell me that my "file" is too big, but does not inform me as to how to make my "file" smaller. It appears size of the picture has an affect, but a smaller picture doesn't always indicate a smaller and therefore more acceptable file. I'm lost, I'm going to bed.

Still small. The computer continues to tell me that my "file" is too big, but does not inform me as to how to make my "file" smaller. It appears size of the picture has an affect, but a smaller picture doesn't always indicate a smaller and therefore more acceptable file. I'm lost, I'm going to bed.
    Try this: If you have an option to change the resolution of the file, change it to 75dpi. That'll be fine for the web, but will still allow you to post a file that has dimensions of 400 x 400 or so. I'm gonna guess that you're resizing, but not changing the resolution.

Both measurements have an effect on how big the file is. As you raise each number, you raise the 'density' of the file and how big the file is.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Bob C
    I THINK the ?img] ....jpg ?/img] Function will work too if you have the pictures uploaded.. Replace the '?' with '['

Bob C
    I upload my pictures to sony imagestation.. imagestation.com. It's free to upload pitures, and can share, and link to them online

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob
    I THINK the ?img] ....jpg ?/img] Function will work too if you have the pictures uploaded.. Replace the '?' with '['

Exactly. That's how folks insert multiple pictures into one post.

Also, be aware that the MOA provides a discount at Smugmug which provides some features that most of the free services don't. Unlimited albums and photos hosted, security to keep some albums away from prying eyes, sharing with specific groups of people and 2GB of transfer per month for $25/year. Additionally, some portion of your membership is returned to the MOA by Smugmug. We're using those funds to help underwrite this site.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

honu
    Thanks for the suggestions. I can't seem to go up to 400 width with 72 dpi, it won't let me upload it. It continues to inform me that my file is too big. I guess I will have to check into smugmug and see if there is a better way to do it. This is very educational for me. I will keep trying.

p.s. This tiny picture is of a backpacking trip through paria river canyon. I'm one of the specks in the middle.

Thanks for the suggestions. I can't seem to go up to 400 width with 72 dpi, it won't let me upload it. It continues to inform me that my file is too big. I guess I will have to check into smugmug and see if there is a better way to do it. This is very educational for me. I will keep trying.

p.s. This tiny picture is of a backpacking trip through paria river canyon. I'm one of the specks in the middle.
    OK. If you're going to look to smugmug, don't forget to indicate that you're an MOA member so you get the discount.

I think you'll dig smugmug. It looks like you have some awesome photos!

dave
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA