Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Logging in to forums again a problem!

Logging in to forums again a problem!

I know there is a existing forum location for this kind of discussion, but I looked there, tried that, and am still perplexed. When I log in to the MOA website, I [U]am[U] properly recognized as a regular user - I had checked the box "Remember me?" at one time and that part has worked.

However, now, everyday for the past month, everytime I come to the Forums, the recognition does not carry over. Problem!! Further frustrating is the fact that I regularly re-log-on in the Forum section, check the "Remember me?" box. Works great for that session, but the next day same thing over and over now!

What gives?

I read the suggestion about deleting cookies and I know how to do that, but I don't want to mess up the initial log-on where the MOA site does recognize me.

Does anyone know for sure what the file names are for the cookies that govern the FORUM section of the website?

Help appreciated!

Thanks!
    "The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers

By MOA site- do you mean homepage? If so- the homepage and forum are different so with the upgrade, the forum "cookie" doesn't match. If you want you can go through your "cookies" and delete just the forum and start over.
    This is easy to test- just go to a computer you don't normally use and try the login........just remember to log out to prevent a "logged in" computer from sitting around.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Agree - this has been a new, recent problem for me as well. I'm running Safari on a Mac and hadn't had the problem previously.
    2012 F650GS

Quote Originally Posted by mylanc View Post
    Agree - this has been a new, recent problem for me as well. I'm running Safari on a Mac and hadn't had the problem previously.
    After we had the upgrade a couple of weeks back, when you came to the forum you should have seen the guest messages- requiring you to enter your user name and password. If that was done, and you checked the remember box, you should be fine.
    As you are on now you could try using the log out button in the upper right and close out of the forum entirely. When you come back on, try the above procedure and see what happens.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    After we had the upgrade a couple of weeks back, when you came to the forum you should have seen the guest messages- requiring you to enter your user name and password. If that was done, and you checked the remember box, you should be fine.
    As you are on now you could try using the log out button in the upper right and close out of the forum entirely. When you come back on, try the above procedure and see what happens.
    OM
    I saw the discussion in another thread similar to this one, deleted the MOA cookie, and restarted my computer - having previously logged into the Forum and asked it to remember me, it did in fact remember me when I just rebooted my computer. So there must have been something that happened when you updated Forum software that requires some of us to delete the cookie in order to remain logged in.
    2012 F650GS

I had to clear cookies this week in order to get the forum to remember me.
    Mark M, St. Louis, '95 R1100RS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mylanc View Post
    I saw the discussion in another thread similar to this one, deleted the MOA cookie, and restarted my computer - having previously logged into the Forum and asked it to remember me, it did in fact remember me when I just rebooted my computer. So there must have been something that happened when you updated Forum software that requires some of us to delete the cookie in order to remain logged in.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkM View Post
    I had to clear cookies this week in order to get the forum to remember me.
    Glad you guys are all set
    The "cookie" contains the (roughly explained) the info to associate you computer to the site- Mac or PC, browser and info so the sites can "mesh"...The upgrade resets this for some becomes a problem as either the "cookie" doesn't match or a second "cookie" is added confusing the process.
    Enjoy the forum.
    Gary
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    OM
    This seems to have worked! I will have to leave for a time (few hours or so and see then) but logging off, the then re-logging back on just worked at this session!

Thanks!
    "The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylee View Post
    This seems to have worked! I will have to leave for a time (few hours or so and see then) but logging off, the then re-logging back on just worked at this session!

Thanks!
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Thanks!
    I guess I spoke too soon! I just connected up to the MOA main page - no problem as before.

However when I went to the "FORUM" section, I was treated as a guest, not a member. So . . . I guess logging off and back on as I did yesterday, didn't solve the problem!

Home page is a login with cookie.
    Forum is login (another) with cookie.
    Sorta two different databases.
    OM
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Still not being remembered

OK. I have done everything I have been told - deleting cookies and such, with no positive results.

I still can't get on to the forum section without re-logging on each time?

Can't this be fixed?

OK. I have done everything I have been told - deleting cookies and such, with no positive results.

I still can't get on to the forum section without re-logging on each time?
    Yup...YUP.................same song 35th verse.....but ya know....Glad we are here, breathing, and able to talk at all..........God bless..........Dennis

Same problem here. Tried all the remedies.

I just wonder when someone will "own" up to this problem!

It happened about a year ago, now again. Gets frustrating!