Thread: Driving lights for K100RS

Driving lights for K100RS

Anyone have any ideas of the best light/mount combo for K100RS aux driving lights?

I think we need a bit more info on what you hope to accomplish with the lights before giving a recommendation. There are lots of lights available - and each might be the "best" for a certain application.

More info please..
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche

Sent you a PM with some information on the light set up on my K1100RS & a link to a picture of it so you can see where I mounted the lights. I didn't want to paste the link here because I'm selling the bike & the description & price is on the pic, thought I might get scolded for advertising.

Lightbulb

Thanks, for the info Mike

That's sure a pretty bike. That is approximately where I would like to mount them as well.

Per Don's questions:
    I'm looking for a bit more low light. I use my bike mostly for commuting (25 miles or so mostly on freeway). So I want to thow a little more light out there on low beam without blinding oncoming drivers.

Cosmeticaly, I want to maintain a clean look if possible, so no 747 landing lights.

I'm also a cheap bastard.

Originally posted by dkandersen
    Thanks, for the info Mike

That's sure a pretty bike. That is approximately where I would like to mount them as well.

Per Don's questions:
    I'm looking for a bit more low light. I use my bike mostly for commuting (25 miles or so mostly on freeway). So I want to thow a little more light out there on low beam without blinding oncoming drivers.

Cosmeticaly, I want to maintain a clean look if possible, so no 747 landing lights.

I'm also a cheap bastard.
    Ah - same qualifications as I had..

See: http://www.eilenberger.net/Lights/index.html

Should work just fine on a K100RS..
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche

NE Arkansas - Between Goobertown and Buck Snort

Smile Aux lights

I vote for the caliper-mounted MotoLites. I put a pair on my K1200GT last fall mainly to increase conspicuity. I was astonished by the difference in nighttime illumination. After seeing the road in this new extravagant flood of light, I shudder to think how much I was missing with my stock headlight, even on high beam.
    The caliper mount is a very clean look - much better, IMHO, than the hoseclamp mounts - and is probably less susceptible to getting knocked out of alignment.
    They may not be able to clear the "cheap bastard" hurdle, but then you get what you pay for.
    I also like the fact that MotoLite will give you free bulbs for life, even though you can find dirt-cheap replacements at Home Depot and Lowe's. PIAA replacement bulbs are considerably more expensive.