Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Bears,

On the Road
    Two hikers one day went for a hike in the woods. After about an hour of hiking, to their horror, they realized they were being charged by an old grizzly bear. One hiker quickly sat down and pull out of his pack sack a pair of running shoes. The other hiker seeing this asked, "what in the *#@! are you doing?" You canÔÇÖt outrun that bear. The other hiker replied, "I donÔÇÖt have to out run the bear, all I have to do is out run you!"

Ya know, I ate some bear meat once, it tasted like kinda like greasy mutton...

ohhhh... you say the bear is gonna eat me??? :yow

...never mind...
    Chris Hughes - Ambassador
    BMWMOA #33373
    NWRR #911
    INBMWR #008
    WSBMWR #?
    GUINNESS #1
    HOMEBREW #2

"It is better to have seen a place once... than to have heard of it a thousand times"

On the Road
    Originally posted by Motoclass
    Ya know, I ate some bear meat once, it tasted like kinda like greasy mutton...

ohhhh... you say the bear is gonna eat me??? :yow

...never mind...
    Chris, I once tried eating a bear that I shot a couple of years ago. I didn't much care for it either, so I gave up bear hunting. The reason I was eating him and not him eating me is because I had the gun!

rapidrider

Talking

I would like to point out a basic safety procedure to follow when in grizzly country.

Wear a small bear bell or two when in the bush.

You may not know what type of bears are in the area your in but one sure way to tell is to check their scat (sh*t).

If there are small seeds, bits of grass and pits in the scat it no doubt came from a black bear who eat mostly berries, bug larva and other vegetation. the piles will be about the size of a dinner plate.

On the otherhand...you can tell a grizzly bears scat upon close inspection. The piles are larger and contain small bells.