Thread: Helmets at Rally

Question Helmets at Rally

Anybody remember what Helmet Bob's was selling at the Rally? I think it was Bob's. They had stacks of boxes all the same brand. I'm thinking it was Scorpion. Anybody buy one?
    Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.

Groucho Marx

NOt sure if it was Bobs but there was a big Scorpion display with stacks of Helmets.
    Brian Miller - Surprise, AZ
    2006 BMW R1200GS :: 2005 BMW F650CS :: 2005 Ducati Monster S2R

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Rally helmets

Quote Originally Posted by scootstado View Post
    Anybody remember what Helmet Bob's was selling at the Rally? I think it was Bob's. They had stacks of boxes all the same brand. I'm thinking it was Scorpion. Anybody buy one?
    Yep, it was Bob's. Bob himself often wears a Scorpion helmet. Check his website for details.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    Yep, it was Bob's. Bob himself often wears a Scorpion helmet. Check his website for details.

Friedle

Thanks. I thought it was Bob's but not much mention or prices for Scorpion on his web site. I thought they were a quality helmet at a reasonable price. Other MC lists I frequent have positive reports on the Scorpion line.
    Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.

Groucho Marx

Deposed Former Dictator
    Nick Jadinak bought a new Scorpion at the rally, perhaps at Bob's. It must have been a good price, because Nick is just a little tighter with a nickel than Charlie "WWCP?" Coons. He shipped home his 25-year-old Porsche Design helmet in order to wear his new Scorpion. Nick had endured years of ridicule in order to avoid shelling out for a new helmet.

Well, lucky he did, because on the way to Elkader from West Bend, he ran off the road, knocked himself silly and trashed his brand new helmet. Who knows how he would have fared in the old one. He broke a couple of cervical vertebrae, too, but it looks like he won't suffer any permanent damage once he gets out of his neck brace. It doesn't seem likely his choice of helmet had anything to do with that aspect, however.
    Jud
    "I like to watch." --Chauncey Gardner