Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: USA Today Features Gillette, WY

A frank discussion including scrutinized concerns

Quote Originally Posted by jdmetzger View Post
    Is now the wrong time to mention the buzz/crackle from the high-tension wires on the rally site?

...Even worse time to complain about the GS parked on it's side (of which I have a photo)?

Hopefully it wasn't MY GS. Honestly I didn't notice high wires, but I seriously think what they have planned for a camping area should be taken a second look at. The Boxelder campground was my favorite for vehicles and trailers versus the close in area (probably the high wire area?) set up for RV's and the like with no grass, in fact I think for the most part was paved? As at West Bend the lawn areas were huge and would work for the majority of tent camper areas...sounds like you have been there you know what I mean!

Red

Just wondering...

Will the Gillette kids be crapping in the swimming pools at the MOA rally, because if they are, well that's just wrong.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by Braddog View Post
    Will the Gillette kids be crapping in the swimming pools at the MOA rally, because if they are, well that's just wrong.
    Will there be swimming pools at the rally?!?!

What kind of soup would we be brewing...

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Braddog View Post
    Locals will have to pay $35 to crap in our pool. Probably not worth the trouble.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    Locals will have to pay $35 to crap in our pool. Probably not worth the trouble.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Not available in stores.. PAGoldsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    What if the Day-Crap-In-Pool-Pass measure is floated (so to speak)?
    I can't believe how incredulous I am.

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    This thread is going down the toilet...
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Quote Originally Posted by jgr451 View Post
    Don't tell me the kids crapped in the pool on purpose??

Only if it was a "swim with the dolphins" pool -- then the kids crap in the pool on porpoise!
    "Singing Hitlers on my left, dancing Hitlers on my right!" -- Mel Brooks
    "You're only as old as the woman you feel." -- Groucho Marx

Thumbs up if the gas is OK....

My only concern is the gasoline. I'll just change it every day (maybe twice). I just don't want any water contamination to build up in it. Keep these rumors coming. I don't want any lines or shortage of premium grade fuel.
    robert 04 gs

Just why are you so negative to those

Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    You're a veritable fountain of positivity, aintcha?
    who offer a differing opinion on Gillette?Or is that part of your duties as webmaster?Oh,I mean information architect.Is the local C of C or MOA paying your freight?
    Last edited by bigdelta; 08-23-2007 at 05:58 AM. Reason: typo

It has cleaner water than Gillette.

Quote Originally Posted by rgvilla View Post
    What the hell is wrong with Tijuana?

"It has cleaner water than Gillette. "

Quote Originally Posted by bigdelta View Post
    Your talking from experience or just out of the corner of your mouth like everyone else who has decided to beat up on the 08 rally?

I'm not even defending Gillette, it is what it is, a small WY town with the SAME problems as other small western towns. What I am defending (and sometimes ask myself why) is the rally.

The 08 rally could be set for anytown USA and it wouldn't matter. The rally is a place in your mind, married to a dot on the map where you go to experience the Nirvana of BMW motorcycle brother and sisterhood.

I defend, because I see half truths, inuendos, total outright fabrications tearing up, influencing people who otherwise would of come and experience what good Wyoming could offer; and Wyoming is a beautiful state, be it starting 30 miles out of Gillette, it's worth it, I know, I speak from living 40 plus years just catty corner from this exact spot!

If you speak, Big D, Officer Greenwald and other naysayers, speak in truths, in experiences, THAT ARE actual opinions. Half truths, and spin for sake of spin are nothing more than shouting "fire" in the crowded theatre of life. There is no fire here. If you speak true opinions, your not going to have any trouble with me.

Red
    Last edited by redclfco; 08-23-2007 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Adding to

Ride On, Good Buddy

To Big Delta: While I appreciate your support, no need to come to my 'defense.' While any criticism of Gillette is often shouted down by the 'Usual Suspects' on this web site, you may wish to distance yourself from me for now.

As for myself, worry not. Three decades in law enforcement has left me with skin that is not just thick-enough for this sort of knee-jerk indignation, it's 'bully-proof.'

Leave Gillette alone - the topic is sacred. Let us confine our concerns to oil changes or GPS mounts, lest a predictable eight or nine contributors (out of the over one thousand, eight hundred who viewed this original thread so far....something that makes you pause and go..Hmmm..) pounce on you.

Ride while the weather is good, enjoy life and shake off this brush fire of sarcasm - more important things await us, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Greenwald; 09-19-2007 at 11:49 AM.

For those who are inclined to object to Gillette

get out your anonymous book and notice Du Quoin, Illinois was the rally site a few years ago.

Come on, the riding in S. Illinois, no matter how great I think it is, is nothing compared to Wyoming.

I used to post here, but now I don't.

Du Quoin was my 1st & only rally

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    get out your anonymous book and notice Du Quoin, Illinois was the rally site a few years ago.

Come on, the riding in S. Illinois, no matter how great I think it is, is nothing compared to Wyoming.

I made an effort to visit Gillette a few weeks ago just to decide if it works for me -and it doesn't.It'll work for some,not for others.There will be other Nationals to attend that are more appealing.