Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: USA Today Features Gillette, WY

Tijuana

What the hell is wrong with Tijuana?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    Gee. The USA TODAY must have gotten it wrong, huh?! You know, a great many contributors to this Forum found fault with Gillette, and somehow, if you dress up my grandmother in a string bikini and smother her with Clinique perfume, she still looks like an old lady with wrinkles.

If Gillette has problems, let's all put our heads in the sand I concluded along time ago that Gillette was where it is, lets make the best. And I put my money where my mouth is and went there, took pictures, rode AND took more pictures.As for good 'ol Sheboygan, our beaches stink (littered with dead alewives), people here motor around like they all got a D- in Driver's Ed., and there is little to see or do.

But wait - Sheboygan wasn't ever a Rally Site, now was it.Just down the road is West Bend, and I had a great time, diodn't you? Now who is spinning.

Your analogies are stretched to the breaking point, and the excuse of making Gillette sound great because of certain routes to it is also wearing thin. many of those pics were taken at the 35 mile mark. How thin you want to go? Let's make Tiajuana our next Rally Site because of scenic roads within a couple of hundred miles?35, and 70 not hundereds Please.

I'll give Gillette a visit, but......oh wait. Someone is slapping a "GILLETTE: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT" bumper sticker on my truck. Not me! My bumper sticker says all are welcome, please come enjoy! Gotta go!
    Peace, I have a chill pill left that somebody gave me on line once..you want one?

Red
    Last edited by redclfco; 08-22-2007 at 01:31 AM. Reason: edited out the venom. I'm feeling to good to go there

HODAG
    Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    I'll give you a little advice: if you do go to the rally, I suggest that you avoid Camp Beers and pretty much everyone. We'll make you laugh and smile and have a good time - something you apparently don't want.
    not to mention the cheapobeer****seum

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar

Cool Other news from Gillette

Man Travels 45 Days By Mule In Search Of A Job
    August 21, 2007 1:01 p.m. EST

Gillette, WY (AHN) - Hearing that jobs pay better in Wyoming, a Minnesota man traveled 1,500 miles by mule - actually, two of them.

After losing his driver's license 10 years ago because of a hit and run, and spending time in jail for nonpayment of child support, Rod Maday had no choice but to ride his mule "into town" to look for work.

It took Maday 45 days in the summer's heat from his home town of Boy River, Minn. to Gillette, Wyo.

Ending his unique journey on a mule, Maday arrived at the Department of Workforce Services on Friday. He was attired in a torn shirt, dusty blue jeans, spurs and a cowboy hat.

Maday, who also has a missing finger on right hand, said he receives a small amount of money every month for his disability, which he uses to eat and sustain himself.

The unemployed traveler used to ride mules while he hunted for raccoons in Minnesota. He averaged 30 miles a day, but the most he ever traveled in one day was 70 miles.

According to AP reports, Maday left Gillette Saturday morning, riding west toward the Bighorn Mountains in search of a "ranch job or an outfitting job." Calling the mule his "best friend" Maday said he is "not getting rid of him for nothing."
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Long Gone
    Crypto is a protozoan, not a virus, and it can form a protective shell that prevents it from being killed quickly by chlorine at normal dosages.

There were 18 crypto outbreaks in 2006, including Illinois, Colorado, Louisiana, and South Carolina as well as Wyoming. There were at least two outbreaks this month in eastern Iowa.

There was a major outbreak a few years ago in the city of Milwaukee, which sources water from Lake Michigan. Many got ill, and some died. The water was chlorinated, but not adequately filtered (fine filtration removes Crypto).

A crypto outbreak in Gillette is no reason not to go there; an outbreak can happen anywhere. I have to admit I don't do much swimming in public pools anymore, tho...
    Chris

1973 R75/5, traded in on...
    2004 R1150RT
    1989 Yamaha Razz

*Safety Queen*
    Quote Originally Posted by rgvilla View Post
    What the hell is wrong with Tijuana?
    Really. Tijuana is a pretty neat city.

Back on track, I'm quite confident that the Gillette rally will be fine. I've ridden throughout the west, although not in Gillette itself, and there will be plenty to see and do. Good roads, good scenery, good country. If you need to stay out of the swimming pools, big whoop.

Smile Anger Management

Stand down, gentlemen, and put your weapons on safety. No need to get crazy over information (published in the USA TODAY) that even suggests that all is not well in OZ.

I found the clip interesting (still do) and flavored it with my opinions. Which is actually the essence of a public forum, when you think about it. Otherwise, this site would simply be reduced to a static technical journal via the internet.

I don't live in a world that I need to classify as "glass half full," or "glass half empty."

Hell - I drink what is in the glass, buy a round for everyone at the bar and have a good time.

I had a great three days in West Bend, and look forward to Gillette.

What I do not do, however, is ignore interesting facts or their extrapolations.

Since Gillette dare not be scrutinized on this site, I need say no more on the subject. May it turn out to be everything a member hopes to experience at a rally.

Well, for the second year in a row, the cryptosporidian virus has infected the water in Gillette, WY, affecting primarily public pools, according to today's issue of USA TODAY.

When we all get there next year, bottled water and motel showers (not pools) would be the order of the day.

Combined with lack of shade, high (and limited) motel rates, and great distances before there is something besides open prairie (Black Hills, Devil's Head, Custer Memorial, Mt. Rushmore, etc.), it will certainly be a challenge to rival previous rallies.

Here's hoping the plus's will outnumber all minus's.
    Hmm. Where is the orginal article, or link to it, that interested you? Where are the facts in your original post? Seems to be your opinion in auto fire.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Stand down, gentlemen, and put your weapons on safety. No need to get crazy over information (published in the USA TODAY) that even suggests that all is not well in OZ.

I found the clip interesting (still do) and flavored it with my opinions. Which is actually the essence of a public forum, when you think about it. Otherwise, this site would simply be reduced to a static technical journal via the internet.

I don't live in a world that I need to classify as "glass half full," or "glass half empty."

Hell - I drink what is in the glass, buy a round for everyone at the bar and have a good time.

Since Gillette dare not be scrutinized on this site, I need say no more on the subject. May it turn out to be everything a member hopes to experience at a rally.
    scrutinize away, but before you do find out the meaning, according to Webster:

SCRUTINIZE stresses close attention to minute detail .

As in reporting in the media, a non-biased factual detail must present the truth. Go face to face. go there. look, listen, ride and feel and tell me the place sucks. don't be a armchair scrutinizer full of biased inunendos, and don't refute the pictures or narritative I brought back from my journey, it's impolite at best.. It's less than 30 miles to the nearest fun on two wheels. The water is drinkable, the people are great.

Anger management/passive agressive therapy is next thursday night at your shrinks office. Might want to keep Thursday open.

I bet you didn't whine that the rally was going to be in -gag- Wisconsin. I mean, c'mon, WHY would you ever hold a rally there? HOT and humid. No shade at the rally site. Straight dull roads across the pancake of the midwest. Oh, and the damn mosquitos. You of all people should know how horrible Wisconsin is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    not to mention the cheapobeer****seum
    Some people didn't know that they sold so many brands on site.

HODAG
    You of all people should know how horrible Wisconsin is.

FYI:you just got crossed off the after we send everyone that matters, mark's friends christmas card list

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    FYI:you just got crossed off the after we send everyone that matters, mark's friends christmas card list

But then how will I get the sheep 'into the mood'?

I bet you didn't whine that the rally was going to be in -gag- Wisconsin. I mean, c'mon, WHY would you ever hold a rally there? HOT and humid. No shade at the rally site. Straight dull roads across the pancake of the midwest. Oh, and the damn mosquitos. You of all people should know how horrible Wisconsin is.

Is now the wrong time to mention the buzz/crackle from the high-tension wires on the rally site?

...Even worse time to complain about the GS parked on it's side (of which I have a photo)?

HODAG

But then how will I get the sheep 'into the mood'?
    show her a picture of bubba Z