Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: USA Today Features Gillette, WY

Greenwald,

Why did you post this thread?
    scott conary - BMW... err...umm... bikes are dangerous
    portland, oregon
    www.scottconary.com | new paintings

I STILL don't get it

Suggestions for national (and what some say about the choice)

Eden- two many people walking around naked. It is a family event
    Nirvana- too far from anything and difficult to get to
    Atlantis- too wet

If you don't want to go, fine. Why do some seem to wish to convince others not to go? That's the impression I get.

The experiment is over. Forums are not my cup of tea. See you at F.L.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdelta View Post
    I made an effort to visit Gillette a few weeks ago just to decide if it works for me -and it doesn't.It'll work for some,not for others.There will be other Nationals to attend that are more appealing.
    Hope to see you at one somewhere down the road.
    Ride Well, Ride Often, Ride to

Charter Member "High Town" crew.

HODAG
    are carry ins allowed?

Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft FredRydr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    Greenwald, Why did you post this thread?
    Cute. Trolling for trouble?

MOA members have a legitimate interest in that newspaper article. I see no need for a forum moderator to belittle a club member just because the article casts a negative light on the location of a rally. If you don't like the news, don't read it.

In the meantime, I suggest you take a chill pill instead of baiting club members.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post

MOA members have a legitimate interest in that newspaper article. I see no need for a forum moderator to belittle a club member just because the article casts a negative light on the location of a rally. If you don't like the news, don't read it.

In the meantime, I suggest you take a chill pill instead of baiting club members.

Fred

Yep we do have a right to the truth, but what was misquoted was NOT THE TRUTH...but wait, the real article says SWIMMING POOL not drinking water, and I do believe the supposed quote mentioned drinking and showers as something we should worry about next year.. So the issue here is the intentional misquote by a member in order to stir up trouble and doubt of the sanitary conditions at Gillette, which is a slam dunk and dead wrong.. OBVIOUSLY if he had posted the article and let us all see what the real thing said instead of misquoting it for ?unknown? reasons, this thread would have been flushed along time ago.

I suggest everyone involved, including you and I take a chill pill and flush this thread. Hopefully end of story.

Red
    Last edited by redclfco; 08-23-2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: add more, take back angry words

I've posted this at least twice before

Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post
    "It has cleaner water than Gillette. "

Your talking from experience or just out of the corner of your mouth like everyone else who has decided to beat up on the 08 rally?

I'm not even defending Gillette, it is what it is, a small WY town with the SAME problems as other small western towns. What I am defending (and sometimes ask myself why) is the rally.

The 08 rally could be set for anytown USA and it wouldn't matter. The rally is a place in your mind, married to a dot on the map where you go to experience the Nirvana of BMW motorcycle brother and sisterhood.

I defend, because I see half truths, inuendos, total outright fabrications tearing up, influencing people who otherwise would of come and experience what good Wyoming could offer; and Wyoming is a beautiful state, be it starting 30 miles out of Gillette, it's worth it, I know, I speak from living 40 plus years just catty corner from this exact spot!

If you speak, Big D, Officer Greenwald and other naysayers, speak in truths, in experiences, THAT ARE actual opinions. Half truths, and spin for sake of spin are nothing more than shouting "fire" in the crowded theatre of life. There is no fire here. If you speak true opinions, your not going to have any trouble with me.

Red
    but I'll bore those who have read it once again.
    I flew to Gillette a few weeks ago just to see how bad/good it is.Spent an entire day and night and was not impressed.So I cancelled my reservations and will wait for a more appealing location for a National.The National is far more to me than a place in my mind-it's a destination.Those of us who share our opinions,whether pro or con,are the ones who help those who cannot/have not visited Gillette before.I for 1 appreciate an oppsing view as it allowed me to make that trip and decide,firsthand,that Gillette isn't for me.
    As someine said earlier,the motto might read,"Gillette,it's not for everyone".
    Someone mentioned Du Quoin earlier.It was my 1st and only National.I didn't camp but had a great time.There were trees and shade and everything I thought conducive to a nice rally.
    When I attend a rally,I will spend the vast majority of my time on the rally grounds,which must be appealing to me.I'll do my exploring both before and after the rally.
    So in my opinion,seen firsthand,there are no half truths or innuendo regarding Gillette,on my part.
    John
    ATGATT
    "It is better to have seen a place once... than to have heard of it a thousand times"

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    are carry ins allowed?
    any flooding near you?
    ATGATT
    "It is better to have seen a place once... than to have heard of it a thousand times"

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post

Fred

Red pretty well covered my take on this thread. But I might be wrong. Rather than make more assumptions, I asked Greenwald to explain why he posted the information.

p.s. I'm not, as has been repeated ad nauseam, a forum moderator. I'm the plumber. While I can turn the water off for the entire building, I don't decide who gets to take a hot or cold shower.
    scott conary - BMW... err...umm... bikes are dangerous
    portland, oregon
    www.scottconary.com | new paintings

but I'll bore those who have read it once again.
    I flew to Gillette a few weeks ago just to see how bad/good it is.Spent an entire day and night and was not impressed.So I cancelled my reservations and will wait for a more appealing location for a National.The National is far more to me than a place in my mind-it's a destination.Those of us who share our opinions,whether pro or con,are the ones who help those who cannot/have not visited Gillette before.I for 1 appreciate an oppsing view as it allowed me to make that trip and decide,firsthand,that Gillette isn't for me.
    As someine said earlier,the motto might read,"Gillette,it's not for everyone".
    Someone mentioned Du Quoin earlier.It was my 1st and only National.I didn't camp but had a great time.There were trees and shade and everything I thought conducive to a nice rally.
    When I attend a rally,I will spend the vast majority of my time on the rally grounds,which must be appealing to me.I'll do my exploring both before and after the rally.
    So in my opinion,seen firsthand,there are no half truths or innuendo regarding Gillette,on my part.
    John

Nope, and honestly, John? I have no problem with you. We both came, we both saw, and have differing opinions of next year's rally. end of stoy. I will go, and I will drink the water.

Dale aka "Red"

Likewise Bud

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Hope to see you at one somewhere down the road.
    I've been retired nearly 2 years and have spent very little time on the GS.I've lived in both Honduras and Mexico during that time w/o the GS.And have travelled quite a bit too.Relocating to San Antonio next week and if you're down that way,drop me a line and we can do some riding.
    John
    ATGATT

Like Sibud said

Quote Originally Posted by redclfco View Post
    Nope, and honestly, John? I have no problem with you. We both came, we both saw, and have differing opinions of next year's rally. end of stoy. I will go, and I will drink the water.

Dale aka "Red"
    I hope to see you on the road,or at another National.
    John
    ATGATT

HODAG
    any flooding near you?
    south west corner is getting nailed, but the area effected is growing daily

its raining right now

that beatiful bumper corn crop is in danger of rot

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    south west corner is getting nailed, but the area effected is growing daily

its raining right now

that beatiful bumper corn crop is in danger of rot
    Bummer with the price of corn so high.
    Ride Well, Ride Often, Ride to