Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How many have even BEEN to WYO.?;

Quote Originally Posted by RTRandy View Post
    Heck we have the same roads right here in Texas.

Darn, turn my back and someone moves the road.

Looks like we must have been at the same place at different times.

I remember with fondness my ride over Chief Joseph and Bear Tooth highways last month. Seems like yesterday.
    Ride Well, Ride Often, Ride to

Charter Member "High Town" crew.

Back on the original topic. Wyoming has super great roads. That photo was taken north of Cody on the Chief Joseph Hwy before reaching Beartooth Pass. Don't want to start an argument, but those two roads might be the very best in the country. Route 296 from Cody heading to 212 over to Red Lodge. I'm getting goose bumps just thinking of that area. Anyone getting into Wyoming should put that stretch as a "Must ride" for sure !!
    +1.

Anyone going to or through Wyoming should ride the Chief Joseph and Beartooth Pass. Stop in Red Lodge for lunch at Bogart's, a cup of coffee or just a stroll down Main St. Also, Cooke City is a tiny town that is big on character ... Cody has it's own intrigue as well. It's not just a wide spot in the road.

day trips

Lots of fun day trips while doing the Sturgis thing...wj

Spent a week in Cheyenne

The week I spent in Cheyenne was wonderful because I wanted it to be, and I will bring the same attitude to the Gillette Rally in 2008. I went to a great rodeo in Cheyenne, and just plain enjoyed the town, the people and the lay of the land. I think someone else put it best, enjoy the ride getting here, and socialize with fellow MOA members once you arrive. We have what we have for '08. Those who don't agree with the selected site and want to influence and host national rallies in the future should step up into a leadership role and and channel their energies toward a positive outcome.
    L. Simon
    '92 K75RT (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by lsimon View Post
    The week I spent in Cheyenne was wonderful because I wanted it to be, and I will bring the same attitude to the Gillette Rally in 2008. I went to a great rodeo in Cheyenne, and just plain enjoyed the town, the people and the lay of the land. I think someone else put it best, enjoy the ride getting here, and socialize with fellow MOA members once you arrive. We have what we have for '08. Those who don't agree with the selected site and want to influence and host national rallies in the future should step up into a leadership role and and channel their energies toward a positive outcome.
    Could not have been better said.

PS: Welcome to the forum.
    Ride Well, Ride Often, Ride to

Charter Member "High Town" crew.

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Could not have been better said.

PS: Welcome to the forum.
    Thank you, SIBUD. p.s. enjoyed the pictures and posts about your campsite at the National Rally! I joined MOA a little too late to attend, but with all the enthusiastic posts about the enjoyment of the event, I look forward to the rally next year.
    L. Simon
    '92 K75RT (sold)

Fl Keys Fishing Guide RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar

Question

WY really sucks.... Why would you want to spend any time riding around there and see this...

And this....

Or spend some time in here and learn something.....

See you at the '08 National......

99 R1100S BLACK 02 K1200R

Wyo

been to the western part of WYO , it well be nice to ride the eastern part,will see ya all at the 08 rally
    99 r1100s black ohlins
    02 k1200rs black ohlins
    Iron butt Member
    moa/ra Member

Enjoy the journey!

I have ridden Wyoming. I have been to Gillette. There are many great rides in Wyoming. I am sure over 90 percent of the people attending the rally will be from out of state. Just think of the journey getting there and not the destination. I won't be going, but it doesn't mean I never want to go thu the state again. From the east, give yourself a couple days in the Black Hills. From the west, there is glacier or the Wasatch or Yellowstone. If you don't like Gillette, stay a day and spend the rest of the time on the road.

Heck we have the same roads right here in Texas.
    ....And upstate NY! That pulloff on Chief Joseph must be a popular spot. I, for one, can't wait to get back to Wyoming. Gillette seems fine to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've ridden through Wyoming a lot and love it. The passes over the Big Horn mountains are fantastic. The Beartooth Pass at the east end of Yellowstone is likely the most impressive mountain pass in all of North America. The Cody area is both beautify, great riding, and rich in true Buffalo Bill-style western history. Central Wyoming from west of the Big Horns to Jackson Hole is a fantastic mix of sweepers and open rolling country with amazing geology. East of Gillette you have Devil's Tower, and the Black Hills, the Bad Lands, and Mount Rushmore areas of western South Dakota. Gillette is a great base to explore a fantastic area with very open roads and very few people.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

good idea

Quote Originally Posted by scat1446 View Post
    I have ridden Wyoming. I have been to Gillette. There are many great rides in Wyoming. I am sure over 90 percent of the people attending the rally will be from out of state. Just think of the journey getting there and not the destination. I won't be going, but it doesn't mean I never want to go thu the state again. From the east, give yourself a couple days in the Black Hills. From the west, there is glacier or the Wasatch or Yellowstone. If you don't like Gillette, stay a day and spend the rest of the time on the road.
    How much for a day pass?

Quote Originally Posted by dmr View Post
    How much for a day pass?

About 1/3rd of a ticket to a Rolling Stones concert.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!!!!!

Been there a few times, hunting, fishing and riding............Can't be beat!

The "Ride Tough and Eat Buff" Rally by the Black Hills BMW Club could easily be the highlight of the rally. I attended it a couple years ago on our way to Spokane......FANTASTIC!

I can't wait for the Wyoming Rally!
    RoyB....
    2007 BMW K1200R Sport (abs),2007 Suzuki dl650 V Strom (abs),2004 Honda VFR (abs),1972 Honda Trail 90,
    2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Rosso Mandello

Thumbs up Wyoming traffic

First post but here we go;
    Living in Rapid City SD. My Job takes me to Gillette at least once a week and all over Wyoming, Tonight I am in the Bighorn Basin. What a wonderful drive over today I only which I was on my Beemer instead of in my truck. Highway 14/16 North of Gillette through Spotted Horse (stop in and have a great burger) and on over to Sheridan I met probably 20 other vehicles in at least 120 miles! All the while the snow capped Bighorns are peaking between the hills on the horizon.
    Then climb up out of Ranchester to the top of the mountains (watch out for mooseÔÇÖs) and down to Greybull or Lovell. Either route is sure to thrill you with curves and views!
    Yeah I was amazed that Gillette was chosen but there are nice one/two day rides from there.