Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How many have even BEEN to WYO.?;

BOKRIJDER
    I've been there a couple of times with the bike, all the more reason to ride out next summer.

Motard

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Rode through this summer for the first time. What diverse topography!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Wyoming is GREAT!
    I have ridden throughout Wyoming several times. I have nothing but great experiences. The people of Wyoming are very friendly and have a lot of common sense.

PC
    BMW Touring Club Detroit, Ambassador
    BMWMOAF, Past Director
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote.
    2013 National Rally First Aid Co-Chair

Quote Originally Posted by Red100RT View Post
    Ai..yi..yi! North east Wyoming is a suk hole of an area where not even the sage brush is healthy. It is one big environmental disaster area what with gas wells and poluted water in abundance. Yellowstone is wall to wall at least until labor day. The Big Horn Mountains are nice but that is about all that's nice
    Gve me a break! Why would anybody ever in this lifetime want to go to Gillette of all places on this planet
    Nobody lives in Wyoming for good reasons

Yeah, the riding sucks in Wyoming.

I used to post here, but now I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Yeah, the riding sucks in Wyoming.

Yea don't forget snowy range, that really sucks! A regular wasteland! Don't want to go there!

Talking

I have found that crossing Wyoming is great, that is going from west to east.
    I can't believe how fast I am going and how quiet it is.
    And I wonder why are all the bikes going west are going so slow, and the riders laying down on their tanks.

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Cloudy Day in WY
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

co_bmw_rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
    Michael --

Knock it off. Stop dispelling rumors about Wyoming. Try to encourage people to go to Colorado instead. Try, please try, to remind people about the heat, the hail, lack of water, etc... That toxic waste dump rumor was just starting to get going, don't stop that one. Downplay the wildlife. "We got some pesky varmints." See how that sounds colloquial but not really interesting? I'd like to get some rumors about terrible roads going. You know, Goldwing-eating potholes, shards of razor sharp obsidian lying in the thoroughfares, and the like. If you can't be part of the solution (to excessive tourism), keep your mouth shut.

-- Jack
    Don't forget about the heavy cross-winds, especially during the hail storms. I was in Casper one day when the wind did NOT blow ! The locals were marking it on the calendar.

p.s. Don't shoo 'em into Colorado either ... they'll want to move here like so many others.

Baile82604

Talking

[QUOTE=Madhatter;233449]Michael --

Knock it off. Stop dispelling rumors about Wyoming. Try to encourage people to go to Colorado instead. Try, please try, to remind people about the heat, the hail, lack of water, etc... That toxic waste dump rumor was just starting to get going, don't stop that one. Downplay the wildlife. "We got some pesky varmints." See how that sounds colloquial but not really interesting? I'd like to get some rumors about terrible roads going. You know, Goldwing-eating potholes, shards of razor sharp obsidian lying in the thoroughfares, and the like. If you can't be part of the solution (to excessive tourism), keep your mouth shut.

-- Jack

Actually the rumours are true. We love our sheep: at least after the date...ya get to keep a sweater. Devils Tower IS actually a tree stump. Popo Agie is pronounced (poh poh aggie), There IS only one tree, I know cause I peed on it. There is nothing here but hookers or schoold marms(what school did YOU teach ma'am?) And the jackalopes ARE NOT maneaters...well, most of 'em aren't.

What was the saying about anyone from any state with the letter "W" in it are lunies?
    Back to work for me. And I NOT a school marm. Hey! Its a living!
    Michael A. Bailey
    aka Scharppslicer
    aka SwordofWords
    87 K100LT
    83 80RT
    58 R69
    77 Kaw. K90
    EMS Intsructor
    Fencing Coach (40 acres, stolen goods I've heard 'em)
    and now Not a School Marm

Alive and well;

Wyoming sure sounds alive and well here, by biker standards. I'm fairly sure most riders have yet to set foot/tire inside the state, however and should. All here have had some good to say, mostly. I've ridden there(WYO.) nearly every year for 27 years now, going somewhere across N.America and am glad to hear from like minded folks doing the same. Happy Trails,Randy13233 Thx.

*Safety Queen*
    [QUOTE=Baile82604;233564]
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post

Actually the rumours are true. We love our sheep: at least after the date...ya get to keep a sweater. Devils Tower IS actually a tree stump. Popo Agie is pronounced (poh poh aggie), There IS only one tree, I know cause I peed on it. There is nothing here but hookers or schoold marms(what school did YOU teach ma'am?) And the jackalopes ARE NOT maneaters...well, most of 'em aren't.

What was the saying about anyone from any state with the letter "W" in it are lunies?
    Back to work for me. And I NOT a school marm. Hey! Its a living!
    Dang. This rally is sounding better by the second! :

I have been in WY 2 times - once in Lander for the National Outdoor Leadership School back in 1971, and once to Jackson Hole to ski. I haven't been there on a bike, so next summer it, and the ride there, should be fun.

bob204bc
    I have traveled Wyoming and I will do so again. It is a beautiful state.

I will not, however, suffer through any day, much less a hot, treeless, shade free July Day in the dirty industrial park named Gillette!

You know, back east, when you place an event 100 miles away from any worthwhile riding destination, we say ... you chose the wrong spot.

MOA leadership; you goofed this time.

SNOONE
    I've never ridden in Wyoming, but I can tell you that there are some big trout in them rivers and streams.. Had a great time and a great trip 2 years ago to Saratoga and the Casper area. Drove up from Colorado. A most beautiful state. I can't see anyone complaining about the location.. Superb I say

SNOONE
    another favorite photo!