Thread: Unsavory Cheese Store

Hybrid View

Unsavory Cheese Store

This is a warning to anyone thinking about purchasing cheese from The Cheesemaker #1 Inc, in Plain Wi. They had been recommended to me by locals, but they are not a very good place to do business with. I have been dealing with them for several weeks now trying to get unauthorized charges they made, refunded from them. I waited until returning home to order from them because of the packing situation for us and carrying any extra on the bikes. When I returned home I ordered cheese from them, I was given several methods to choose from for shipping, the method I chose cost me almost as much as the cheese. They went ahead and made changes to my choice of shipping method (without my knowledge) and my shipping cost came to over $108.71. They never called me or emailed me to ask if I would like to cancel or if the extra charges were acceptable and now I have been on the phone and email with them many times without satisfaction. I have reported them to BBB and my bank (my bank can not do anything for 30 days) but BBB did open a case. Their conversations have been nasty and uncooperative. So I am recommending beware and purchase with care.
    Marsha
    Last edited by rottenbiker; 08-07-2007 at 06:09 PM.

Did you use a Mastercard or Visa for the purchase? If so, write a letter to your bank right now. They only have 45 days from the time of the sale to dispute the charge on your behalf. Once the charge is posted, the clock starts ticking.

PM me with details and I will advise as best I can. I've been out of credit card banking (specifically credit card disputes) for a few years but I doubt much has changed.

Uh...how much?

Let me get this straight - you had $108.00 worth of cheese shipping??

How much cheese did you buy?
    "During Prohibition I survived on nothing but food and water." - W.C. Fields

cheese

I bought around 9.5lb of cheese the shipping method they used cost me approx $78.00 price of cheese was $30.00. I asked them what made them think I would spend 78.00 to ship something that cost less then half of that? I would have waited till colder weather and gotten it if I had known they would ship that way. 2 Day shipping was under $30.00 which is what I ordered.

Wisconsin cheese...

I smell cheese. Call your credit card customer service and initiate a dispute. They can't charge you for something you didn't order, i.e., costly shipping.

Good luck!

Talking All Bound Up

wow what a rip