Thread: Sturgis - camping for BMW's

I have to see it all!

Sturgis - camping for BMW's

I know how some of you feel about other bikes and in particular Harleys but I am wondering if there is a campground designated as a BMW connection. One year there was a campground where BMW's could camp together. Anyone have information on camping with other BMW riders at the Sturgis Rally?

BradGS

co_bmw_rider
    Quote Originally Posted by bradgs View Post
    I know how some of you feel about other bikes and in particular Harleys but I am wondering if there is a campground designated as a BMW connection. One year there was a campground where BMW's could camp together. Anyone have information on camping with other BMW riders at the Sturgis Rally?

BradGS
    I don't know of a 'BMW' campground, I think that happened once a few years ago.

Spearfish has a campground in the middle of town. It is a tree-lined area on Spearfish Creek, relatively quiet (compared to Buffalo Chip etc.) http://www.spearfishparksandrec.com/...und/index.html

Also check out http://www.sturgis.com/campncabin.html

Happy Trails,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by bradgs View Post
    I know how some of you feel about other bikes and in particular Harleys but I am wondering if there is a campground designated as a BMW connection. One year there was a campground where BMW's could camp together. Anyone have information on camping with other BMW riders at the Sturgis Rally?BradGS
    The Rapid City Group used to host an area for BMW's in Whispering Pines CG.
    Don't know if they still do.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

co_bmw_rider
    Be sure to visit the local BMW dealer while there. My last time there they had a hospitality area for riders and provided priority service to travellers.

http://www.sturgisyamaha.com/default.asp

Club President

Camping near Sturgis

Contact the BMW club up there. They have a camping setup for BMW riders. mt

judjones
    The Black Hills Riders used to host a campground at Whispering Pines, but no longer does so. A lot of BMW riders still congregate there, out of habit, I suppose. A lot of the riders that used to ride BMWs to the rally now bring dirt bikes or dual-sports instead, and either stay with offroad-friendly Black Hills riders or disperse to remote NF campgrounds that are more convenient to the trails. Once you have ridden all the pavement...