Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Modest Forum Proposal for Gillette and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by PAGoldsby View Post
    Well, if I tear one in half, can I use it in the morning, and my friend use it in the afternoon? There must be a "partial-day badge."
    This would have been the case if the policy was put in place for the 2007 rally. However the Gillette rally is being held in an even number year and therefore requires an odd number for passes. The double use you suggest would result in an even number use and thus is unacceptable. Splitting the tag in thirds would require you to bring two friends and you would probably do better with a group discount but that is a discussion for another club in another thread.

Look forward to seeing you at Noon Rally Saturday so we can discuss this further.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Quote Originally Posted by PAGoldsby View Post
    Well, if I tear one in half, can I use it in the morning, and my friend use it in the afternoon? There must be a "partial-day badge."
    There are other materials that we could use...

Editorial comments such as this are not allowed until at least another 10 posts.

Update: Holly has responded and is working on her part.

Not available in stores.. PAGoldsby's Avatar
    2008 is a leap year. We should, by Marquis de Queensbury rules (Fifth of Jack Amendment), have quarter-badges.

This is getting really complex. I need to consult the Ouija board for further instructions ... again.
    I can't believe how incredulous I am.

Cheapskate Labels.

Quote Originally Posted by M1ka View Post
    The Yet to be Official Official Forum Bag Lunch

Holly for the cheapskates, err people who did not get their orders in on time for delivery for the rally you are delegated the job of:
    ÔÇó Setting the specs for members to make their own.
    ÔÇó They should include all of the information that a custom badge would.
    ÔÇó They should fit inside one of those funky clear plastic name holders that you get at so many seminars and conventions.
    OK, it appears that those funky clear plastic name holders are 3" x 4". The Avery labels that are designed for them are 3 3/8"x 2 1/3" and are #05395. You can download a template to use in Word from: http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=....x=0&image.y=0
    or in Word just go to Mailings, labels, Options, and choose the maker/size you need. Most generic labels will tell you what numbers they are compatible with. Caveat: I use Word 2007 but I remember it being similar in 2003.

Now go to the forum and right click on your avatar then click save target as or save image as or whatever looks like the logical thing in your drop down list and save the avatar somewhere you will remember.

Insert picture on your label and type your forum name and real name in whatever font appeals, then print the labels. Real cheapskates will print in black and white. I blew the budget and printed in colour. If you want the single-day pass, you can just peel and stick, for the multi-day one you can use the holder.

For my magnetic badge, I stuck on a blank 2 5/8" x 1" (Avery 5160) label to cover the title du jour, then the printed one over that.

For the real Martha Stewart types, draw the correct sized rectangle on your handmade paper, carefully paint your avatar and name and cut it out with some of those wavy-edged scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by bobs98
    But how did you get the foot to tap and arms a-flailin'?
    When I figure out how to print an animated gif I'll let you know, but not until after I have patented the process.

Quote Originally Posted by M1ka View Post
    Holly I forgot to tell you, as a FIM official you are in charge of security... take care of the rift raft and keep the place clean
    No problem. There won't be enough water in Gillette for any rafting, and I will personally supply an elegant plastic bag for the scraps.

Holly

HODAG
    is a 40oz'er in a bag considered a bag lunch?

Yes but...

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    Only if you share.

Thank you Holly.
    Hodag yes and what Holly said.

I love it when a plan starts coming together.

Just another option.

For WI, I made two t-shirts, with the avatar on it, for the princely sum of $20 including new donor t-shirts. Total time was about an hour of prep work, most of which was trying to cut perfect circles in the transfer material. Even threw a motoman and BMW logo on it (just don't tell the BMW logo police). Didn't put the forum name on it, but that can be added with minimal effort. Perhaps this is an option as well??

Cheers!

Dave...

----------------
    05 R1200 RT
    83 XN85 D Turbo

I think I can print my own badge. I will have too shoehorn it into my schedule.(shed-jool)
    Not to mention it's after the 4th of July, so I may only have 1 eye to work with.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

I bet there's a market for "Dave" nametags

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa View Post
    The Signman used to have blanks that had the MOA logo on them, if memory serves.

And yes, that couple is sorely missed at the rally. I think I've got a half dozen name tags hanging around collecting dust, with various titles and such on them. I think the first one I bought was back in Oshkosh.
    I know I'm in the market for a KBasa myself.
    Could we use a nametag from another event(as long as our name hasn't been changed in the witness protection program)?

If we use those

Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    I have some fancy "knary" badge somewhere, but the low tech throw away thing works pretty damn well...

And doesn't require that people squint to read a tiny bit of writing on a tiny badge.
    there will likely be 3 knarys and 5 hodags present.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    It's a "bagged lunch", I believe.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdelta View Post
    I know I'm in the market for a KBasa myself.
    Could we use a nametag from another event(as long as our name hasn't been changed in the witness protection program)?
    I've had a few, with titles and stuff on them, that are hanging on the wall over my workbench.

I've got a generic one, but I've lost track of it. It's probably in a tankbag or something.

But yeah, just slap a chunk of duct tape on yersef and scribble your name on it.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

I posit that the type and condition of the name tag could tell us a lot about the person................ maybe.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.