Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Modest Forum Proposal for Gillette and Beyond

HODAG
    because we have issues agreeing and planning as a group, as already evidenced...
    I feel we need "one" person to lead this charge, and get things done. Since M1ka has proposed it, and spends a fair amount of time on this forum I would like to have him be the "official" leader of this get together? I feel he is more than capable of making this a very successful and organized part of the Gillette rally.

I think it's a great idea and would like to meet my virtual friends in person.

The name tag idea is very good, except I'd like to have a more permanent tag. Would it be possible for the MOA to obtain tags for members, to be made available perhaps at renewal time?

I would like a nice permanent tag with my avatar on it, as well as my name.

Comments?

Regards, Rod.
    Work is the curse of the riding class

Name Tags

Brian and I are thinking about going into the name-tag thing as a side-business.

Ever since the Sign-Man retired, we need someone at the rallies to do this. We are thinking it could be us.

We'll let you know what we come up with.

Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Diy

Great Sue, there seems to be a market. In the meantime, I had a perfectly good name tag at the rally for the price of a label. I worked for a company that changed our title annually in lieu of a raise, so I have lots of nice magnetic name tags cluttering up my junk drawer. I just printed off a label with my avatar and name and stuck it over one of these. Voil?á, a name tag that the forum members instantly recognized.
    Works for me, but then I'm one of those vintage people who is used to chickenwire and chewing gum repairs.

Holly

There is a new Signman...

You can order name badges both from the Signman site, and as a matter of fact, IBMWR seems to be using Signman as the vendor for their badges as well.

I'm not trying to horn in on Brian and Sue's new business, but couldn't the MOA do something similar, i.e. come up with a template for MOA name badges?
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by Braddog View Post
    You can order name badges both from the Signman site, and as a matter of fact, IBMWR seems to be using Signman as the vendor for their badges as well.

I'm not trying to horn in on Brian and Sue's new business, but couldn't the MOA do something similar, i.e. come up with a template for MOA name badges?
    The Signman used to have blanks that had the MOA logo on them, if memory serves.

And yes, that couple is sorely missed at the rally. I think I've got a half dozen name tags hanging around collecting dust, with various titles and such on them. I think the first one I bought was back in Oshkosh.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Here is the plan so far.

The Yet to be Official Official Forum Bag Lunch

Will be held at Noon to 1PM on Rally Saturday.

Delegated responsibilities:

M1ka will work with the through official channels to:
    ÔÇó turn this into an official rally recognized event.
    ÔÇó Get someone to represent and speak to us from the media group. If all else fails instead of stealing MandyÔÇÖs radio we will kidnap her instead.

Sue, you and Brian have a potential conflict of interest with badge making because you are a potential vendor to the event. You therefore are fully qualified to and delegated the responsibility of:
    ÔÇó Establishing the specifications and process for making a badge that would include the memberÔÇÖs avatar, screen name and at least a real first name.
    ÔÇó Select a preferred vendor for producing this badge. If it turns out to be you and Brian fine. (We will talk about what needs to be in the envelope that you pass under the table to me at a latter time. Shhh)

Holly for the cheapskates, err people who did not get their orders in on time for delivery for the rally you are delegated the job of:
    ÔÇó Setting the specs for members to make their own.
    ÔÇó They should include all of the information that a custom badge would.
    ÔÇó They should fit inside one of those funky clear plastic name holders that you get at so many seminars and conventions.

Hodag, you demonstrated great skill in running the charging station. It was the one rally event or service that no one complained about, in point in fact there has been unanimous praise for the service you and your minions ÔÇô okay volunteers ÔÇô provided. You are in charge of:
    ÔÇó Getting the funky clear plastic badge holders. This will mean you will have to work with Holly. You may be big but she will slap you sillier if you get to far out of line.
    ÔÇó Select and self approve a name tag for the slackers who just show up.

I think that takes care of it for our first meeting. Time for a three martini lunch.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Bikes, Guitars, and ... beemokat's Avatar

Badges?!?! We don't need no steeenkin' badges!!!
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by BeemoKat View Post

Badges?!?! We don't need no steeenkin' badges!!!
    Holly I forgot to tell you, as a FIM official you are in charge of security... take care of the rift raft and keep the place clean

I have some fancy "knary" badge somewhere, but the low tech throw away thing works pretty damn well...

And doesn't require that people squint to read a tiny bit of writing on a tiny badge.

Scott we are supose to be at a three martini lunch...your right the perfect place to business like this. Work it out with Hodag.

Thumbs up Fantastic Idea, I'm for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I just printed off a label with my avatar and name and stuck it over one of these. Voil?á, a name tag that the forum members instantly recognized. Holly
    But how did you get the foot to tap and arms a-flailin'?

Seriously, this is a great idea. Wish we had done it in VT last year. Sorry to miss you in WI, but am hoping to make it to Gillette. Only 1865 miles each way, but I would probably take a longer and more scenic route. Only 11 months and 17 days to go! Woo Hoo !!!

HODAG
    Quote Originally Posted by knary View Post
    I have some fancy "knary" badge somewhere, but the low tech throw away thing works pretty damn well...

And doesn't require that people squint to read a tiny bit of writing on a tiny badge.
    I prefer the term "single day badge" for those not wanting to invest in the 'Multi-Day badge"

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    I prefer the term "single day badge" for those not wanting to invest in the 'Multi-Day badge"

Not available in stores.. PAGoldsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    Well, if I tear one in half, can I use it in the morning, and my friend use it in the afternoon? There must be a "partial-day badge."
    I can't believe how incredulous I am.