Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What electronic gadgets are on your bike?

Gear

On my R1100RSl I have two hard wired leads for a Garmin GPS V and a Valentine 1. I have ordered two mounts from Saeng not yet installed. I tried a R.A.M. Mount but was unhappy with that, then a gps only mount from Wudo(?) couldn't see the unit over the tankbag and it was not adjustable. Hopefully these mounts will do the trick. Anyone have experience/positive things to say about Saeng? In the future I would like to add Motolights foward and hyperlights rear.

Non-portable (installed on R1150GSA):

PIAA 520's (AutoSwitch) below and 910's (HighBeam Switch)above.

Portable (in/on Tankbag)

Pocket PC (Casio E200) - It does many functions;
    - Music,
    - Navigation.

Bluetooth GPS Receiver
    Cellphone (w/ Bluetooth)
    Waiting for arrival (end of May) of Bluetooth Stereo Headset for mounting in Helmet. Will support wireless connection to PPC and Cellphone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dmt; 05-01-2003 at 01:11 AM.
    Cheers,
    Dan

2014 R1200GS Adventure

Stronger, Faster, Tougher iRene's Avatar
    WOW! all these electronics to to attach!
    I feel... inadequate....nekkid.
    I NEED STUFF!!!!!!!
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sled Dog Touring Team | RSMaine | MOVermont
    '08 R1200GS | '60 R60

saeng mounts

Just got my gps and valentine 1 mounts from Saeng and put them on the 1100RSL. They are perfect. Well constructed and hold the equipment well. I will be trying them out fully on a trip from Ma. to Oh. starting weds. If you need mounts try talking to Paul at Saeng, everyone there is very helpful.

'03 F650 CS with:

- Three-panel LCD display unit that is a combination elapsed timer, digital voltmeter/voltage alarm, digital temp/ice alert (mounted on the bar clamps)
    - Kriss sequenced yellow/red LED stoplight bar (mounted under the rear trunk/rack)
    - Back-Off taillight/stoplight LED bar (mounted at lower edge of license plate)
    - Twin small driving lights, more for conspicuity than illumination (mounted at lower left and lower right corners of radiator)
    - Waiting to mount Magellan Navigator GPS, planning to mount atop "stuff bay" hard case.

'92 K75S with:

- Gorilla motion/ignition/tilt alarm
    - Working on way to mount driving lights, haven't yet found the perfect solution (i.e., that doesn't spoil the lines of the bike)
    DesertRider in sunny Arizona, USA

Thumbs up K1100LT Garmin mount

I've got a 97 K1100LTB that I rode cross country from the Redmond Oregon rally back to Albany, NY. My Garmin Street Pilot (Monochrome) was mounted using velcro on the steering yoke. - worked OK, but not perfect.

That was 2001 -

Now I just bought a RAM round base, small extension and Street Pilot mount and Garmin power adapter to BMW plus. Total investment like $60.00.

I Purchased come Stainless Steel bolts, washers and nylon insert lock nuts from a local hardware store and mounted the RAM base on the right fairing pocket cover near the top. I instinctively look right, so it is the best place for me. You might want to consider the left fairing pocket if you don't have a radio since you have to be careful of the front brake resevoir getting hit in low speed manuvers if it's in the wrong position. i then used silicone caulk on the inside to seal the bolt holes...

Looks like it will do just great - not as nice as a shelf, but VERY functional and inobtrusive.

BTW - any K1100LT riders going to the Charleston Rally????
    Jeff Guntert
    Schenectady, NY
    97 K1100LTB

1. Radar Jammer
    2. Electronic Deer Whistles
    3. Blue Halogen Headlight bulbs

Just kidding! Too much time on my hands today

Talking

Not really a gadgetmeister!

Bel 945i radar detector
    Weather one, radio
    Electric vest setup

Want a V-1 & Autocomm someday
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker
    05-GS Rock Red 86k miles
    2013 TW200

Thumbs up

2002 K1200RS is equipped with only a Valentine 1 radar detector mounted on a K-mount (K-mount sold through motorcycleradar.com). Radar unit is direct wired to the parking light power source. Very clean system. Valentine 1 performance is second to none!

See everyone in Charleston...21 days and counting down.

Chuck Manley
    Director, BMW MOA
    Dinky Dozen BMW Riders #84

hubertus
    K1200LT:

GPS V
    Passport 8500
    AutoCom ProM1
    Two sets of Aux. lights
    Cell Phone

Marek

Been There
    On my K100 RS I'm about to install my V1 w/ Hard System on a accessory shelf. I also plan to mount my Garmin III+ next to it. I'm still trying to decide on a good way to get power to these devices and I'm open to suggestions.

I'm also toying w/ getting a Delphi Sky Fi XM radio but since I don't currently have a radio (and don't plan on adding one) I'm at a loss on how to get audio to my helmet. I have had XM in my cage for a little less than 6 months and I love it and think it would be cool to have it on my bike. I'm heading to Sturgis at the end of the month and XM would sure be nice to have on that trip...

On my '93 K1100LT:

Fuel Plus trip computer - www.fuelplus.com
    K-TAIL-2 rear tailight enhancement - doubles the effective size of brake light
    Wilburs rear shock
    PIAA H4 headlight
    Airhawk air seat

OK. So the only electronic gadget is the Fuel Plus.

I love all of it except the PIAA lamp. Too many years with a 55/100?
    Team Pterodactyl - Logistics and Tats
    Ride Hard or Stay Home - 93 K1100LT, 02 R1150GS

I am feeling soooo left out.

Let's see...since my 1969 R60 is a conversion bike, that means that I added ELECTRIC START! Woohoo!

Oh wait...you said elecTRONIC gagets.

IBR Gagets

Greetings,

I wanted to chime in when this thread started but decided to wait until after the rally.

Here is a list of some of the electronics on my K11LT.

J&M intercom system with cell phone, CB and radar wired to helmet with custom mic.

CB with Wilson NG 4 antenna

Motarola Star Tac tri mode phone with car mount kit for external power wired into J&M system. Wilson No Ground truckers antenna.

Valentine 1, mounted inside left pannier lid with remote visual and audio to override cicruit on J&M system

Garmin V GPS on custom mount hardwired to bike with Garmin remote marine antenna.

Garmin B&W Street Pilot on custom mount hardwired to bike.

Getac CA25 ruggedized tablet PC The secret weapon powered by a 110w inverter hardwired to bike through waterproof breaker which can be seen in the lower right of the picture. Data from Garmin GPS V (NMEA) to waterproof serial port on tablet provided real time postion information which worked great with delorme street atlas.

Radio Shack egg timer with two countdown timers (up to 99 hrs)

Voltmeter

There ya go, everything but music (which I didn't want).

Best,
    Rob Nye
    06 R1200GSADV 06 R1200RTP
    IBA 250 My Iron Butt Rally Blog
    Bristol, Rhode Island USA
    Proud to move oil

Talking

OMG!

Rob if you go down on that bike you may end up looking like a BORG with cyberntic implants with all those toys on board your bike :-)

Wow I mean I feel technilogically challenged when I saw your photo. Thats a seriously issue considering I'm a Field Service Engineer for a University, a part time Professional digital photographer and techir guy to boot!

Jeffrey A. Guntert
    Schenctady, NY
    97 K1100LTB
    Jeff Guntert
    Schenectady, NY
    97 K1100LTB