Thread: New mileage contest idea

New mileage contest idea

For WY-
    How about a mileage award for the smallest displacement bike ridden the farthest to the rally?

I had the pleasure of talking to an estatic lady who rode her 250 ninja from the east coast to West Bend. It was her first ride of greater than 20 miles and she was absolutely beaming. If she's on the forum, congratulations and I hope your return was as fun and safe .

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    That is a notable accomplishment. Well Done!

Bryan
    I would love to see a mileage winner for a rookie.... meaning greatest number of miles driven by a rookie (obtaining a license and beginning riding) in their first year.

I will have my license tomorrow after I finish my MSF class. I plan on putting on some major miles on my 650CS. After attending the Rally with my husband, I just had to come home and start "ridin".

Lori

larrydk

Ninja 250

Are you sure that was not my wife? We rode from Chicago and logged about 500 miles over the weekend.

After a couple years of persuading her to take a riding course she finally did. I bought her the Ninja 250 (which is arguably the best starter bike around). I can't get her off the thing.

I had planned on attending the Rally (my first) and having her drive up, but she wanted to do the ride having never rode on a highway, I was nervous for he, she did a great job, We had more fun that weekend than we did in a long time.

Anyway...500 miles is here entry on a 250cc bike.

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scotchale View Post
    I would love to see a mileage winner for a rookie.... meaning greatest number of miles driven by a rookie (obtaining a license and beginning riding) in their first year.

I will have my license tomorrow after I finish my MSF class. I plan on putting on some major miles on my 650CS. After attending the Rally with my husband, I just had to come home and start "ridin".

Lori
    Congrats on getting your license Lori, I hope you get out there and have fun.

Personally I would not encourage a freshly licensed rider to go out and pack on the miles. Experience comes with miles, but I think that experience needs to be gained over time. Long rides add extra challenges such as fatigue. A new rider has enough challenges on the road without adding that to the mix.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

How about most distance per unit of displacement?

regards, Rod.
    Work is the curse of the riding class

Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by larrydk View Post
    Are you sure that was not my wife? We rode from Chicago and logged about 500 miles over the weekend.
    Congratulations to her! I remember how nervous I was on my first long ride (to a BMW rally, of course.) Gail is right about the fatigue, which is much worse when you are nervous. Your wife's 500 miles are equal to thousands for an experienced rider. Well done!

Holly

Maybe this time the 'powers to be'

will let the members and attendees know, if they make any changes.

scott c