Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pictures from the rally

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    The last batch

A couple of Forum Members have asked me to email them some of the shots. I’m pleased to do so. The number following the shot makes it easier to track down their request. Wish I had thought of this in the beginning. Finally made it to the end. 161 shots.

One of the outstanding German bands.
    IMG_5875 142

The leader of the band.
    IMG_5876 (2) 143

Lucky couple wins a CD of the band. They were the only ones dancing to the music.
    IMG_5877 144

You will get up and dance or your Beemers will be turned into Beer Steins. If that does not do it then we have other ways of dealing with you. Don’t make me call Colonel Klink.
    IMG_5878 145

Artsy combination of American Flag and German Band
    IMG_5882 (2) 146

Can any of you seasoned rally vets identify this well worn jacket?
    IMG_5888 147

Here’s a profile of the BMW MOA pioneer. Wish I had had the insight to collect some stories. Maybe he will make it to Gillette. He seemed sufficiently feisty to add a lot more patches to that jacket.
    IMG_5889 (3) 148

And the answer is …
    img_5889 (2) 149

Looks like some very serious business happening. Sue and Vince checking out when the next train load of beer and brats will arrive.
    IMG_5893 150

Mandy Pants and Vince coming up for a breath of fresh air.
    IMG_5895 151

Some shade, a good cigar and a National Rally. Life is good.
    IMG_5904 152

David Hough presents another great seminar.
    IMG_5906 (2) 153

Sidecar Judging
    IMG_5908 154

The perfect spot for watch the final ceremonies. Who is that with you Mika?
    IMG_5909 (2) 155

Ardys out on bail after wearing down 3.14159 inches of Wisconsin pavement. She was heard to say it was as easy as Pi
    IMG_5911 (2) 156

Perfect weather for the closing ceremonies.
    IMG_5918 (2) 157

The next generation of Rally planners. Picture taken at closing ceremonies. The young woman in the middle is Roger Wiles granddaughter.
    IMG_5923 (2) 158

Two of my best shipmates. Yooper Ray and Doug Crow on the right and never did get the last name of Ray. Anyone out there know last name. (Thanks MartinPH for first name)
    IMG_5924 (2) 159

And, on the last night ...
    Das ist meine ganzen Freunde. Zeit, nach Hause zu gehen.

That’s all my friends. Time to go home. To Alabama ... Massachusetts, California, Michigan, New York, Vermont, Texas, Quebec, Ontario ... Wyoming.
    IMG_5926 (2) 160

The line is starting to form for the Lake Express run at 12:30 on Sunday morning
    img_5928 (2) 161

Thanks for taking the time to look at the pictures.

On to the Yankee Beemer Rally, Salty Fog Rally, The Finger Lakes Rally, The Green Mountain Rally and the Big Gig(2) in Gotham. It is just as Ardys says, “So many roads, so little time".
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-30-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: correct content

Gopheride
    a mighty thanks for all the great pics.It was good FUN

I have to see it all!

Pictures on the bmwmoa site

I am wondering if there is anyway to save off the site since there is a picture of me and my girlfriend? Anyone know?

BradGS

Right Click

On a PC, right click and choose "save image as."

Holly
    Volunteer for the 2014 Rally in St. Paul. rallyvolunteer@bmwmoa.org

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Or I will be happy to send you the original if you PM with an email address. I will need a description of the picture

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post

Greg Feeler checks with University of Wisconsin to see if sheep are any more truthful in West Bend than in Idaho. Greg's mantra is, "Sheep Lie."

Author David Hough relaxes at Camp Gears. More pictures of Dave in action to come. Later in the week Breakfast with Dave was standing room only.

Ambassador Roger Wiles set up his home away from home. Wiley Roger pitched his tent so that shade covered in the heat of the afternoon.

Ambassador Josh Asher confers with the President of the Conch Republic. Josh later invited me to dine at the Omicron Greek Diner. The Omicron was a great find.

Getting ready to ride to the Omicron

An old Navy salt and Michigan Yupper stops by Camp Gears to say hello. Had breakfast at the Omicron with this shipmate. Anyone know his name so I can fix the caption?
    I know his first name is RAY. Last name is somthing like Joliet
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by martinPH View Post
    An old Navy salt and Michigan Yupper stops by Camp Gears to say hello. Had breakfast at the Omicron with this shipmate. Anyone know his name so I can fix the caption? I know his first name is RAY. Last name is somthing like Joliet
    Its YOOPER, not Yupper!!! Sheeeeeeeshh!

Last edited by Fritzc; 07-26-2007 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Add on photo
    There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. -Logan Pearsall Smith, essayist (1865-1946)

Quote Originally Posted by Fritzc View Post
    Its YOOPER, not Yupper!!! Sheeeeeeeshh!
    Easy, Fritz. He probably also calls is the Mack-in-ack Bridge!
    Dan

Mia Culpa!

Mia Culpa!

Mia Culpa

Guilty as Charged!

I fixed it!

Thanks

Thanks, Paul, for sharing your collection. I especially appreciate the work to provide captions.

Great Job!

Now how do I get into this camp gears if I'm over the "age limit"?

I have to see it all!

picture off the bmwmoa gallery of pictures

I tried to right click and got no result to copy photo. I do get a copy with the images in this forum group. I am trying to copy from the pictures on the rally pictures on the home page of BMWMOA with no luck.

Bradgs

When I right click the image the message pops up

"Save Image as" and then save the image with a name and a location.

If that fails please give me the name and or number or some kind of description and I will email the picture to you as an attachment. Sent me a PM with your email address, description and the picture will follow shortly.

Or, you can do it all by email. Happy to share any of the pictures, I'm flattered.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Just wait until the Salty Fog Rally is done. Have to do something special for an encore.

Quote Originally Posted by EClips View Post
    Thanks, Paul, for sharing your collection. I especially appreciate the work to provide captions.

Great Job!

Now how do I get into this camp gears if I'm over the "age limit"?
    A lot of "slightly" over the age limit do show up to observe. Voni and Paul always seem to welcome visitors.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-30-2007 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    A lot of "slightly" over the age limit do show up to observe. Voni and Paul always seem to welcome visitors.
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next year.

I have to see it all!

Does not work for me

Paul, you are right about the pictures you load but the ones on the bmwmoa rally pictures home page don't have the same save image message. I am picture 11/30 with my girlfriend in the registration tent getting signed up. The don't give the copy option.

BradGS