Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pictures from the rally

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Vince and process server in Cyber Caf?®. Vince is certainly surprised!

Cyber Caf?® was always well attended

Russ almost has completed the artwork on my GT

That’s Paul Glaves. Care to guess what he is working on? Maybe a pitcher of Sangria?

But no! Paul was working on a carburetor diaphragm to fix this airhead in distress.

And this was the airhead in distress.

The new diaphragm was installed and viola ... bike purred like a kitchen.

And, Hallie’s Buell developed an exhaust manifold problem. Not too many HD parts at the rally but the ever resourceful Paul Glaves put together enough of a fix so the bike would continue to run.

The shower trucks have arrived. Each truck had two big water heaters. Next stop for the showers after West Bend was LaGuna Seca in Southern California.

Sibud and Mandy Pants out for a drive. Sibud was able to convince the sheriff that he should be able to stay. Mandy took mercy on Sibud and posted bail. Next year let this be a lesson for early arrivals. (Hope no one is taking this fiction too seriously)

Ryan Manley describing the graduation ride route and procedures before ending up at Omicron Restaurant

Shot was taken just before the start of graduation ride. Now that’s enthusiasm. A future Camp Gears participant just waiting to age a bit.

I hope members will spread the word about Camp Gears. It has one of the most solid curriculum's in motorcycling and outstanding guests.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-30-2007 at 01:22 AM.

2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Veg,

Thanks for the fine photos. I hope other folks add a few.

All dressed up and ready to go. Vendors will be in tomorrow with treasure waiting to find a new home.

Among the longest hours were put in by this dynamic duo, Gail and David Henderson. The printed the signs. Cut the roll of printed material apart and mounted all the signs to go out on the fairgrounds. (Thanks for the names Sue)

And this is the machine that came from HQ to print the signs. HP makes impressive stuff.

Getting ready to volunteer.

Another volunteer banded and ready to go.

Our own forum member, RedRider of Montreal, gets some early shopping done.

Bob Henig and A. Kellermen at Bob’s BMW booth.

Two atoms were walking down the street one day, when one of them exclaimed, "Oh, no I've lost an electron!" "Are you sure?" the other one asked. "Yes," replied the first one, "I'm positive." HODAG getting a charge out of his work.

I thought this GS was the nth degree of farkle but owner assured me he was in second place.

The very neat and tidy Sherpa Village

The Forum’s Clowry and Dlowry set up home in Sherpa Village.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-30-2007 at 01:29 AM.

The KiltMeister visits with an attendee.

Jenny and Matt shopping at Helen Two-Wheels.

No rally would be complete without Ardys Kellerman and Helen Two-Wheels.

A rare photo shows Bradford on right sans Tiger ears. That’s HODAG on the left.

The BMW Demo Fleet is getting ready to depart.

Pre-ride instructions and disclaimers. Is that SIBUD with the braces?

A cut-away model of a K engine.

Peter Nettesheim describing one of his collection in detail. Peter maintains one of the best BMW motorcycle museums in the world.

One of our Rally Chairs and motorcycle Frank Fuchsberger (standing next to the blue RS, wearing his lederhosen)

Frank was one of the co-chairs of the Heritage Entertainment. He was integral in getting the Living Glockenspiel to the rally. Thank you Frank! (Thanks Sue for the identification)

That’s Holly from Ontario giving Dylan Lane a charge. Dylan is traveling the Southwest with IrishKev. Thanks for the info StatDawg.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-30-2007 at 01:26 AM.

High level ambassadorial meeting at the Glockenspiel. That’s Visian and Sue, our RallyMeister

The carvings sawed wood and the deer talked. Could not understand the deer since like the Glockenspiel characters he was kind of silent. Thanks again to Frank Fuchsberger.

Tee shirt seen for sale.

Another clever tee shirt. This engine got into the ethanol.

A young lady with a future in modeling. She is the daughter of Michael Johnson of the Veteran BMW Riders BMW MOA #329

She does equally well posing with sidecars.

Chillin out at the rally.

Our model giving advice to Jim Schuyler. Jim and I have worked together at Americade for several years.

The Veteran BMW Riders BMW MOA #329

By the end of the rally there was standing room only at the Omicron restaurant.

Favorite hangout for Adventure riders.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-30-2007 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Veg View Post
    Spectacular photos. I really enjoyed them.

My photos are at http://mrob.smugmug.com/gallery/3161043#173730184. I swiped some of yours but gave you credit. I do that in my Smugmug galleries sometimes.
    Last edited by Mar; 07-23-2007 at 07:32 PM.
    Marilyn Roberts
    F800R, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    Add about 1100 to my post count

Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Darn

well dangit! more reading "how to" threads!
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Camp Gears Graduation

Front Row: Ardys Kellerman, ?, Elizabeth Clark, Quinn Koeneman, Jennifer Nagle, Hallie Rasmussen

Second Row: Nancy Koeneman, Paul Glaves, Voni Glaves, Rich Scibetti,
    Eric Schwoerer, Amelia Cousens, Dave Mcconnachie, Ryan Manley, Mandy
    Langston, Bradford Benn

Back Row: Mr. Knight, Scott Koeneman, Porter Knight, Matt Tyson,
    Srephen Van Scyoc, Kevin Weber, Julien Schultz, Zach Virus Wyant, Chris Bolton, Bruce Watkins, Will Groves

Thanks for all the names Voni
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-30-2007 at 01:34 AM.

This vendor was signing books describing his ride across Africa on a Honda.

There has to be a pony in there someplace. (It is an old story about eternal optimism)

Some of our fine entertainment.

Raucht die Kuh wie ein Kamin,
    gab's 'nen Kurzschluss in der Melkmaschin'!

If the cow's smoking like a chimney,
    there was a short in the milking machine! (I can’t really remember what he was singing)

The Sheriff is asking Ardys Kellerman to go easy on the newly laid pavement in Washington County.

Children who were attending as part of one of the performances.

One of the most important jobs at the rally – guarding the Jack Daniels

Two of the resourceful badgers discussing how to get more production out of the Koffee Kow.

A standing room only seminar. The topic was mostly about the new F800 engine but other new advances were included.

The Town Hall Meeting. My question was about a winter rally. The response was yes the Board is aware of the desire on the part of many members for a winter rally. My question is still about a winter rally. It does not have to have a beer hall, bands and enough seminars to fill a Clymers manual. Just a get together down South where it is warm. And make it in January or February where folks in the north have cabin fever. Maybe attach it to Daytona.

Mike Johnson and Ray Zimmerman discuss the role of the MOA in providing information to Veterans at the National Rally.

Some more impromptu work being done on an Airhead. The job was to replace the diode board.

The physician was happy to report the operation was a complete success.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-30-2007 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Add content and clarification.

This section dedicated to the children of the rally.

Very few, if any, rallies can show pictures like these that follow. How many motorcycle rallies take care of our youngest like this? For the volunteers that carried out one of the most important jobs at the rally.

Thank you!

The world always seems safer and more fun from DadÔÇÖs shoulders.

You donÔÇÖt need a GS to have fun in the sand.

A very special job ÔÇô taking care of and ensuring our children also have a good time at the rally. Two very critical jobs took place in the dairy barn ÔÇô the Coffee Haus and the Kindergarten.

She was very proud of the skunk made in the dairy barn.

Materials and creativity are two key ingredients in keeping the young ones happy.

Something important is going on here.

Check out that happy camper at 3 oÔÇÖclock.

A little old for Kindergarten but well on here way to a F650.

Playing queen of the mountain!

Michael Johnson cooking dinner for vBMWr club members. Mike, the Brats were delicious. First time I have had them cooked on a grill. Hey, I’m from the Adirondacks of NY. What does a poor old country boy know about Brats? Thanks for a fun time Mike.

After Thursday it was standing room only at the Omicron. Something about a motorcycle rally in town.

Back at the rally those ever resourceful Badgers have come up with a quick serve coffee method to knock down those lines.

Chuck Manley drops by Camp Gears to get Ryan’s report card from Paul Glaves. Straight As.

A seminar for the ladies. Ardys, Karol Patzer, Linda Babcock, SuzyQ, and Jean Copas were on panel. Another standing room only seminar. (Thanks folr the names Voni)

Panel Member at lady’s seminar.

Mistress of Ceremonies passes the mike.

M1KA gets a charge out of volunteering at the Cyber Caf?®.

Doubt if there was time to keep statistics but the charging station always had a battery of customers trying to keep current.

A customer of Bob’s describing a farkle

Another standing room only seminar

Chilling out under a shady tree.

141 Pictures so far
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-30-2007 at 01:39 AM.

SNC1923
    Paul,

I'm really enjoying your recap of the rally; it's almost like being there! The captions are quite funny, and my weary eyes are enjoying the larger pictures you've been posting.

Why thank you. The last 20 are on the way. Thanks for the note.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-24-2007 at 10:18 PM.