Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures from the rally

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Something is afoot in Badger Land. Such concentration indicates either a transmission rebuild is in order or something even more important.

Ah the resourceful and hardworking coffee team planning for opening day.

There has to be teats on this heifer someplace.

Things are getting desperate. Instructions and manuals are being read.

A bit of invasive investigation is in order.

Now we are getting someplace. Pass me the breaker bar and 22mm socket

Looks like the problem was a third order harmonic disarray which ended in a cascade failure of the transmission splines and that is no bull.

Advice arrives from Vermont. The First Lady of Vermont motorcycle riding and writing and our new Secretary, Muriel Farrington offers sage advice on how to milk that electronic Koffee Kow. Notice the green VT MOV shirt which invokes special powers which even Harry Potter lacks.

All problems solved! By opening day the coffee was fine and appreciate MOA members arrived to fill their cups. Never underestimate the determination of the Badger State

Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-27-2007 at 01:56 AM.

Talking

Great photos and comentary, Paul. Being a serious coffee devotee, I especially enjoyed the coffee machine sequence.

Robert

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    An old Navy Chief enjoys his coffee too. I knew things were getting mighty serious when the determined Badgers broke out the instruction manual.

Moved this thread from the Campfire

... and made it a sticky here.

I'd like to commend Paul on his excellent commitment in shooting pictures and getting the facts. And for bravery above and beyond the call of duty in struggling through SmugMug and the vagaries of Window and the Web.

bravo!

Ian
    Last edited by Visian; 07-20-2007 at 04:12 PM.
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

There were so many things I missed. Thanks to all three of you guys for putting together the report!

Paul - I am loving this thread.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Here Comes Hallie

Mapping and tracking using computers and various software programs at Camp Gears

Hallie from the heart of the Kettle Moraine and Elizabeth Clark plot a scenic route from West Bend to the pasties in Escanaba and back to Beemer Hill. Hallie is the daughter of Sue and Brian our RallyMeisters.

The Grand Poobah swings by to check out Camp Gears

Past President Glaves shares some wisdom with President Swider

In response to the observation that volunteers are too often seen as amateurs: "Just remember: Noah's Ark was built by amateurs. The Titanic was built by professionals."

Vendor getting set up for the thundering herd.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-28-2007 at 03:17 AM. Reason: add emphasis

nice thread

Headed off to family gathering. Will post more this evening.

Thanks all for checking out the thread.

@ the Big Muddy & I-80 bluestune's Avatar

Thumbs up

Great job Paul! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your photos.
    Was good to meet you in person, hope to see you at the next rally.
    1976 R90/6

Featuring Doug Crow and Nate Kern

Rick Mayers and Son

If you are going to hang out at the rally, this is the way to do it.

This is my shipmate Doug Crow. He has forgotten more about cooking than I have ever learned. He told me that addition of a diet soda does NOT mean your triple bacon cheeseburger/chili fries combo is a healthy meal.

Doug talks about road kill. Nothing wrong with fresh road kill he says. But he likes the quick kill the K bikes deliver. He claims that flipping and flopping after being hit by an R, RT or GS just toughens the meat. But with the right marinate, raccoon tastes almost as good as possum.

Camp Gears just eats it up; Doug’s advice that is.

Elizabeth’s castle is her home. Talk about class camping.

Nate Kearn advises that when you come to the fork in the road – take it.

While Nate talks about how he and teammate Brian Parriot scored their first Moto-ST victory of the season at Virginia International Raceway one of Camp Gears participants is ready to take Nate’s bike for a quick trials test.

Quote from Nate's website/blog

I think the MOA rally was awesome. I didn't realize how many folks knew about this blog and or had their families following things. LOL, I think it's funny how many BMW riders said their wives and girlfriends say it's "OK" to go and be a part of this Conquest of ours to race BMW's and prove their validity. Meaning, they have either been to the track and or heard through the grapevine how great a time it is and condone their spouses involvement, lol. Just pretty cool
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-30-2007 at 01:17 AM.

More pictures of Nate

A good rider can overcome marginal equipment. However, even the best equipment can't overcome a marginal rider. How would you like to get up close and personal riding lessons like this Camp Gears participant got? Next year spread the word about the Camp Gears experience. Age window is from 16 to 26.

Paul Glaves distracts Nate while his bike is slowly slipped off the stand and …

You only have one chance to make a first-turn impression.

RED bikes go faster.

Nate’s seminars are always standing room only.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-26-2007 at 07:50 PM.

Most of the following pictures lack names of participants. I did record all the information in a notebook but have been down hard since getting back home. Have yet to unpack the bike yet find the little notebook. If anyone knows the names of unnamed participants please PM me with the information and I will change the captions.

It is still Monday of the rally. While Dave Hough presents another seminar to Camp Gears participants.

This is Russ Mowry, one of the best pin stripers and free hand artists in the business. He is working just across the aisle from Marty, the detailer. Russ is painting my GT so lets check out what else is happening at the rally.

Marty gets a hand putting a bike up on the center stand.

Registration opened on Wednesday for early arrivals. Here are the gents that checked me in. No, I did not have my membership card. Was bringing the card in the small print I missed?

I remember the member with the beard was from New York.

His name is Murphy and is from Ontario. As I recall he had an accident on way to rally but soldiered on to make registration possible.

RallyMeister Brian checking out the early details of organization and how smoothly set up is going.

Meanwhile Russ is making good progress and that Navy E-8 painting. Russ was a Warrant Officer in the Army.

Old friends meeting outside of the main building. I recall the folks on the bench are husband and wife and standing member is from Canada. Darn CRS!
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-30-2007 at 01:19 AM.

SNC1923
    Paul,

Really enjoying these photos; thanks for such thorough reporting.

Any photos of the finished product on your bike?

mrich12000

Thumbs up

Great job Chief Buy you a couple of cold ones at Meatcove in August

Michael Richard
    RCE ret
    VE3CEH
    Luni-Tic
    Last edited by mrich12000; 07-30-2007 at 06:56 AM.

Aw,

you folks are the best. Will start in a couple of days promoting the Salty Fog Rally!

An now to post a few more pictures including the finished E-8 logo.