Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures from the rally

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Pictures from the rally

Took over 500 pictures at the rally. Time to start posting a few of them. If you persevere and make it to the end there are 161 of my shots and then other forum members have added more. For the environmentally conscious all pictures have been printed on recyclable media.

Will be posting them a few at a time. Have to think up some captions, crop the shots and do some color correction.

Near Sarnia, Ontario I stopped for a rest and joined this group of Canadians. They gather once a week for a ride. Very friendly folk.

How do they figure these exchange rates?

If you followed the Riding of the Edge thread I did make it to Dobbers Pasties and tried the pizza pasty. It was worth the journey.

Sibud staking out an early prime location.

Sibud explaining to local constabulary why he should be allowed in early to claim a prime piece of real estate.

Lots more to come.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-28-2007 at 03:15 AM. Reason: add detail

Terence
    R75/5 R100RS K100RS R1100S

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

Greg Feeler checks with University of Wisconsin to see if sheep are any more truthful in West Bend than in Idaho. Greg's mantra is, "Sheep Lie."

Author David Hough relaxes at Camp Gears. More pictures of Dave in action to come. Later in the week Breakfast with Dave was standing room only.

Ambassador Roger Wiles set up his home away from home. Wiley Roger pitched his tent so that shade covered in the heat of the afternoon.

Ambassador Josh Asher confers with the President of the Conch Republic. Josh later invited me to dine at the Omicron Greek Diner. The Omicron was a great find.

Getting ready to ride to the Omicron

An old Navy salt and Michigan Yooper (not Yupper) stops by Camp Gears to say hello. Had breakfast at the Omicron with Ray. Anyone know his last name so I can fix the caption?
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-27-2007 at 01:52 AM.

Thumbs up love those pix!

Boy I'm really digging all the pix of The Nat'l that have been posted on the forum. It's a great way to extend the rallye fun. keep 'em coming, gang
    We might as well walk. ~ Adam Guettel The Light In The Piazza
    used to own: 1982 R100T, 1984 R65, 1986K75C, 1997 R1100RT, R850R, K75S, 1978 R100RS... what was I thinking?

rally pix

Thanks Paul.

I particularly enjoy the people shots, and nary a one in a helmet!

Rinty

pics!

Now I have the Morning reads AND rally shots!

Fantastic! Thanks for taking the effort!

Red

Full timr RV'er, where we park is home. No fixed address or location.
    Quote Originally Posted by rinty View Post
    Thanks Paul.

I particularly enjoy the people shots, and nary a one in a helmet!

Rinty

You miss this one? What's wrong with riders being in helmets?
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
    Author Unknown

rally pix

Mike:

Missed that one! (but it's an open face; or a flip?)

I like looking at people, not helmets. And it's nice to be able to put some faces on some usernames here.

Rinty

No Helmets

Elizabeth Clark discusses Camp Gears with Rich Scibetti. Thanks for info Voni.

Voni discusses Camp Gears schedule with Elizabeth Clark

If you are having a good time and learning a lot, raise your hands.

That must be KBasa going by.

Paul Glaves demonstrates how to get the most out of tires and ride safely. He discussed tire pressure, tread depth, manufacturers and how to give the tires the warmth test on a tire after each ride.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-27-2007 at 01:53 AM.

; )

Thanks for sharing your pictures. What fun we all had!

Voni
    sMiling
    Last edited by Voni; 07-19-2007 at 10:09 PM.
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    That is Rich Scibetti. One of the finest returning Camp G.E.A.R.S. riders!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. What fun we all had!

Voni
    sMiling
    Great report so far Paul, Thanks! (kudos on the great editorial picture sizes).

Voni, it was a pleasure and an honor to meet you! Keep sMiling

SNOONE
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    Took over 500 pictures at the rally. Time to start posting a few of them.

Will be posting them five at a time.

Near Sarnia, Ontario I stopped for a rest and joined this group of Canadians. They gather once a week for a ride. Very friendly folk.

Not sure how the price differential is figured.

If you followed the Riding of the Edge thread I did make it to Dobbers Pasties and tried the pizza pasty. It was worth the journey.

Sibud staking out an early prime location.

Sibud explaining to local constabulary why he should be allowed in early to claim a prime piece of real estate.

Lots more to come.
    So I have 33 days of pictures to look forward to huh

Some are duplicates and others are horizontal and verticals of same picture. But the next five will be along before dinner.

I'll spare the folks 133 days but two or three days might do it. I crop and color correct before I post them. Takes a bit of time.

Nate Kearn visits Camp Gears. Also in picture are Mandy and Ryan Manley. That may be a Tiger Tail behind Ryan.

Pat Carroll drops by Camp Gears to discuss the ABC’s of first aid; Airway, Breathing and Circulation.

The right and wrong times and the right and wrong ways of helmet removal were demonstrated.

No wonder Virus was so quick to volunteer

Marty’s detailing arrives to give our bikes that perfect look.

Voni models the limited edition Camp Gears tee-shirt; from Squid to ATGATT. Notice the special color of this one tee.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-28-2007 at 03:16 AM.

And then on Monday the monsoon came …

Reminded me of the winds and rain off the Southwest Coast of India in the month of June

The camera stopped the blades but in person the windmill’s blades were a blur.

When the storm ended; instant landscape for GS riders

More than one tent got tipped on its side. Paul Glaves explained earlier how his tent poles were snapped.

But Camp Gears carried on. The resourceful Dave Hough moved his seminar inside.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 07-27-2007 at 01:56 AM.