Thread: Schuberth Concept Face Shield Fix

Thumbs up Schuberth Concept Face Shield Fix

Has anyone noticed the anti-fog coating peeling off the inside of their face shield?
    My almost new helmet had this problem.
    I found an easy way to remove the coating if it has started to peel. Remove the shield, take it outside and direct a high pressure water spray against the inside of the shield at about a 45 degree angle. It will peel right off in small sections.
    My K11LT windscreen did this same thing aobut 7 years ago and I used the same method to remove it. No hard scrubbing and NO scratches.

Mick

Greenwood Lake, NY. On The Appalachian Trail in The Beautiful Hudson Highlands
    I hope Schuberth has replaced your shield N/C. I have a Schuberth and am very interested in how they handled your shield complaint
    2002 1150GS

"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"They're not the best at what they do, they're the only ones that do what they do"- Bill Graham

I called Intersports Fashions in CA and they kinda blew me off. Told me to find a local dealer who should be able to handle the problem.

Mick

Greenwood Lake, NY. On The Appalachian Trail in The Beautiful Hudson Highlands
    I've had to replace a couple shields due to me being stupid and as you probably know they are not cheap. Please keep us informed . I'd like to see how this plays out with the mfr.
    2002 1150GS

"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"They're not the best at what they do, they're the only ones that do what they do"- Bill Graham