Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sherpa Village

Sherpa Village

Kudos to Sherpa Ted who made the rally so enjoyable for lots o' folks. Meg & Chachi drop me an e-mail at jpk0727@yahoo.com.

Cheers,
    Jim Kelleher
    Unofficial Mayor Sherpa Village 2007
    Dr. Raoul Duke
    1999 R1100GSA
    1974 R90/6 with Ural Sidecar

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

ÔÇôHunter S. Thompson

a BIG +1 on that. Sherpa Ted did an awesome job! Nice clean gear, That's what i'm talkin bout! Plus he is a really nice guy too. Hey Ted...THANK YOU!
    Attitude is everything!
    1978 R100/7
    08' V-Strom 650 great light weight tourer

dpeace
    Amen brother! Ted privided 1st class service, had the best coffee at the rally and the mint under the pillow was a nice touch. I understand he will be at the rally next year too. I'll be a repeat customer for sure.

D Peace Tent #49

Quote Originally Posted by dpeace View Post
    Amen brother! Ted privided 1st class service, had the best coffee at the rally and the mint under the pillow was a nice touch. I understand he will be at the rally next year too. I'll be a repeat customer for sure.
    I used his services at the RA rally in NC. You're right....1st class service. He WILL be at the rally next year.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by k75karol View Post
    I used his services at the RA rally in NC. You're right....1st class service. He WILL be at the rally next year.
    Thanks for all the compliments.

There has been some confusion on who's providing the service next year, me or the Sherpa Packers based in Colorado. Our services are fairly comparable, but my history has been established with the MOA Rallies.

Last year when asked, I wasn't sure I would be able to make the trip to WY (which year wasn't clear either), but I'm currently set up to handle pretty much anywhere in the US of A (well, not HI or AL) now.

Theo from the Sherpa Packers (coincidence, eh? I'm Ted, he's Theo, he has a dog named "Gandolf", my cat is named "Gandalf", etc) and I have been talking, and we're both in agreement that I'll be the one providing support next year.

Theo is supporting the Top of the Rockies Rally.

I'll also be providing a 200 tent capacity next year (vice 100 like the past few years). If I sell more than 200, Theo is willing to drop in with some of his inventory.

See some of you again next year!

Thanks Ted, We will see you next year.

Town Fire Chief, tent #93

Ted,

I used and loved your services in Vermont last year. This year I was riding solo and your services were not neccessary. I meant to stop by to say hello to you in Wisconsin, but never got around to it.

So.....Hi Ted, how you doing?

Rick G
    2004 BMW R 1150 GS - My Big Black Pig!
    2009 Triumph T100 - Neo Classic Retro Tourer.
    2009 Vespa GTS 250 Super - Just for Kicks and Giggles
    2009 Sym Fiddle II - For Sale

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    It was the BEST! Just having the water there for my beer dehydration was a blessing! Added bonus, Benten, our neighbor, left his tent for ME Friday and Saturday. Drunk tent #67

sherpa tent

hey ou812 its your neighbor with the K75, it was nice to meet you guys even if you cant be quiet in the morning. i never did catch your full name, i was telling a buddy about meeting you guys and he said he raced against a blaylock back in the day. have you ever heard of Jeff Smith? not the famous one just a guy from Ohio. later greg

Thumbs up Outstanding

Ted, great job. I rolled in Weds nite from a 2 day ride from Colo Springs and found my tent (#41) with no problem. Slept great all 4 nites. Sunday I got up and hit the road early no hasseling with breaking camp. As a rally virgin and traveling alone it was a great way to me people.

200 tents? Wow!

I've been "sleeping with Ted" for several years (since Lima) and it is the best. Though I feel a little like everyone else has now discovered my secret.

John

DAVEMISEVICH
    Laura and I thought the Sherpa tent was great. No hassles for us, plus lots of little extras. Thanks Ted.

Another thanks to Ted. This was my third MOA, and third with Ted.
    Here's to next year

I was a rally virgin and a sherpa virgin and I will most definatley use it again the next rally. A SUPER SERVICE. Ted you are the best.
    Thanks.

RAPID_REG
    Ted -

As I indicated to you when we first arrived - the gear was great. I'm not a camper, but I was very pleased with the sherpa set-up, and it's so nice to have it all set and waiting for you when you pull in.

We'll definitely be using your service again!

Thanks for a great experience -

Reg and Carolyn Bowley - Tent #1