Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Sad News for Pure Stodge and MOA

Road Scholar & Vagabond

Missed a few things, this is from the courts webpage...

State of Wisconsin vs. Darcy L. Schehr

Dodge County Case Number 2007CF000245
    Charge(s)/Sentence(s)

The Defendant was charged with the following offense:

Statute Cite Description
    940.09(1)(a) Homicide by Intoxicated Use of Vehicle

Severity Offense Date Plea
    Felony D 07-15-2007 No Contest on 02-05-2008

On 02-05-2008 there was a finding of: Guilty Due to No Contest Plea

On 05-20-2008 the following was ordered:
    Sentence

State Prison - Imposed and Stayed 10 Years
    Extended Supervision 5 Years Imposed and stayed - All conditions of probation shall become conditions of extended supervision should probation be revoked

License revoked 5 Years

Probation, Sent Imposed 15 Years

Jail Time 1 Years Consecutive with huber and transfer commencing on or before 6/1/08; Court orders NO ELECTRONIC MONITOR

Community Service 1500 Hours Shall serve not less than 100 hours each year of supervision and shall be served at high schools, junior highs or VIP panels

Ignition interlock 5 Years Shall be installed on any motor vehicle owned and/or operated by defendant commencing when defendant is allowed to obtain a valid driver's license

Employment / School Must obtain/maintain full-time employment

Psych Treatment Shall undergo and follow through with any counseling as directed by agent

Prohibitions Defendant shall not consume alcohol or other intoxicants. Defendant must maintain absolute sobriety.

Other Shall submit a DNA sample

Alcohol assessment Shall undergo an AODA Assessment and follow through with any recommendations resulting therefrom; Shall attend an OWI Victim Impact Panel within 120 days of conviction

Restitution Shall pay up to 25% of counseling fees not covered by insurance for victim's son until he turns 18; Shall pay tution/books/room & board for victim's son for 1 semester each year for 4 years at an amount equivalent to 1 semester at the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, and shall be held open for 8 years from the date he graduates from high school

A horrible situation for which there was never a good outcome.

The sentencing seems within reason to me, far tougher than what many have received for similar offenses.

I am plesantly surprised at the outcome.

I really figured she would walk with minimum court supervision for a year.

I know no sentence could restore what his family has lost and I can in no way understand the depth of their sorrow. I hope that they can find some justice and peace.

Our sympathy continues to go out to them.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

WDaigle
    I read the article in the Milwauke Journal this morning. I especially like the quote from her attorney where he called it a "fluke accident". Unbelievable. So I guess if someone were to point a loaded gun at a group of people and pull the trigger, it would be a "fluke accident" if someone was killled.