Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad News for Pure Stodge and MOA

Sad News for Pure Stodge and MOA

Wisconsin crash kills Iowa City man
    Driver charged with homicide, driving drunk

Gazette staff and Associated Press
    JUNEAU, Wis. ÔÇö A Wisconsin woman accused of killing an Iowa City man in a head-on collision Sunday has been charged with homicide, court records show.

Daniel D. Christ, 40, died when his motorcycle was struck by a car driven by Darcy L. Schehr, 27, of Hartford, Wis., around 8 a.m. Sunday, authorities said.

The accident happened on Highway 60 west of Hartford in Dodge County, SheriffÔÇÖs Department Capt. Rodney Kreitzman said. That is about 40 miles northwest of Milwaukee.

Schehr was driving east when she entered ChristÔÇÖs lane, Kreitzman said. Christ tried to avoid the collision but SchehrÔÇÖs car swerved beyond the white fog line and struck the motorcycle , he said.

Schehr was charged with homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle, a Class D felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison. She was released from jail after posting $2,500 cash bond. Her next court appearance, in Juneau, has been set for Aug. 2.

She was not injured in the accident, Kreitzman said. Barb McFarland, secretary of the Pure Stodge Touring Association in Iowa City, said Christ was attending the international rally of the BMW motorcyle ownersÔÇÖ group at West Bend, Wis.

She said Christ was married and the father of a son and was involved in his church and sang in the choir.

ÔÇÿÔÇÿHe is a lifetime member of the BMW Motorcyle Owners Association, and heÔÇÖs been the (local chapter) president for the past four or five years,ÔÇÖÔÇÖ she said. ÔÇÿÔÇÿHeÔÇÖs a really nice guy.ÔÇÖÔÇÖ

He was known for being safety conscious, always wearing his helmet, eye protection and other gear, McFarland said.

The day after ChristÔÇÖs death, a Florida couple who attended the same weekend rally died when their cycle and a car crashed Monday.

In Washington County, the sheriffÔÇÖs department said William A. Rourk, 67, and Arlene N. Rourk, 65, from West Palm Beach, Fla., were riding a 1993 BMW with a sidecar when they were killed in a crash.

According to the sheriffÔÇÖs department, witnesses said the motorcycle was going west on Wisconsin Highway 33, approaching a rural intersection, when traffic ahead of it slowed down and the motorcycle headed into the eastbound lane, apparently to avoid a collision with the vehicle ahead, and was hit by an eastbound car.
    '05 K1200LT Gold
    MOA Member #125415

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    Very sad news for the immediate families and our MOA family.
    I don't think about drunk drivers at 8 AM...
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

tdomek

Via con Dios, Dan.

Sincere condolences to Dan's family and to the Pure Stodge from me and all the Bahnsturmers.

His burden is lifted, he has God's speed and he knew that he was loved.

Tom Domek
    Bahnsturmer MC #138
    Ames, Iowa

hpschaaf
    Sincere condolences to both families.
    It is sad to hear news like this after a "BMW family reuinion" as one local newspaper called it.
    They will not been forgotten within the BMW family.

A sad day indeed. My condolences to all involved.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

JCABRANES
    She was released on $2,500.00 bond. I guess life is cheap.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails...w+Case+Details

I think a letter writting campaign to the Dodge County District Attorney is in order:

Steven G. Bauer
    Dodge County District Attorney
    Administration Building
    127 E. Oak Street
    Juneau, Wisconsin 53039-1329

To retain credibility please be respectful in your comments. If you would like to send me the letters so I can personally deliver them to him send them to:

Cabranes Law Offices
    1442 N. Memorial Drive
    Racine, Wisconsin 53404

I think its time our voices were heard. BTW, contact your local HOG Chapters, GWRRA, etc and get them to write too. This concerns all of us regardless of the brand we ride.

$2,500 bond for a murderer!? Unbelievable

Here's the obituary: http://www.funeralquestions.com/obit...sting_id=86995.

My mood has definitely been dampened since I heard about this last night. I didn't know Dan well, but I knew him, and I officiated bicycle races with his brother Aaron years ago.
    Marilyn Roberts
    F800R, R1150R, R100 Mystic
    Add about 1100 to my post count

JCABRANES
    The idea of a peaceful protest has been floated at the Wisconsin Club website. Might not be a bad idea to pack the courtroom on August 2 to let everyone know that we are watching. With an out of state guy it is unlikely that anyone except the family will be in court and that may create the false impression that nobody cares. I've already cleared my calendar for that afternoon... anyone in the upper mid-west care to join me.

Unhappy

what a damn shame! I will be writing a letter to the DA asking that the full force of the law be brought to bear on the drunk driver. I've seen many people go to prison for years for selling a few grams of cocaine. She should get more! My condolences to the family and club.

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND..
    If convicted of homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle, Schehr faces up to 25 years in prison and up to a $100,000 fine or both.

I hope she gets the max. I feel sick.
    My prayers to the family.

My heart goes out to the family and the victim. We have lost one of our own.
    As far as the justice system works in this country, I will leave my personal opinion too myself. You all know how I feel.

Deepest Sympathy
    Pat Carol
    BMW Touring Club Detroit, Ambassador
    BMWMOAF, Past Director
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote.
    2013 National Rally First Aid Co-Chair

Additional Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by JCabranes View Post
    She was released on $2,500.00 bond. I guess life is cheap.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails...w+Case+Details

I think a letter writing campaign to the Dodge County District Attorney is in order:

Steven G. Bauer
    Administration Building
    127 E. Oak Street

To retain credibility please be respectful in your comments. If you would like to send me the letters so I can personally deliver them to him send them to:

Cabranes Law Offices
    1442 N. Memorial Drive
    Racine, Wisconsin 53404

I think its time our voices were heard. BTW, contact your local HOG Chapters, GWRRA, etc and get them to write too. This concerns all of us regardless of the brand we ride.
    We need to bring as much notice and pressure upon this case as possible.

Please contact:
    MADD Wisconsin State Office
    1845 N. Farwell Ave. Suite 310
    PO Box 511519
    Milwaukee 53203

telephone: 414-727-7505
    fax: 414-727-7506

maddwi@tds.net

2006 K1200GT, 1986 K100 merrittgene's Avatar

email address

I think a letter writting campaign to the Dodge County District Attorney is in order:

Steven G. Bauer
    Administration Building
    127 E. Oak Street

Here is the email address for Mr. Bauer:

bauer.steve@mail.da.state.wi.us

Gene Merritt - Ames, IA - BMWMOA#111610 - IBA#21886 - Rounder #26 - Webmeister, Bahnsturmers
    ---- 1986 K100 ---- 2006 K1200GT ---- 2001 F650GSD ----

Contact the AMA, too.