Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Knuckleheaded Moron

[QUOTE=henzilla;223340][QUOTE=cruizbz;223211]
    Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post

So, exactly how many blue K1200 s bikes have you seen in the U.S.?

does blue & white count? see a lot of these and one is at local dealer

and any pass in the same lane without notice is asking for trouble... you expect it in California and are very aware of it( been there,done that)..not Wisconsin!

Yeah, but that is blue & white! No more blue than the BMW roundel. This guy was probably lumbering along on his LT with the cruise on, stereo blaring, and his feet on highway pegs hogging the lane and got pissed he was passed by a bike he is unsure of it's speed or color. He should not be pissed, because he did not pay attention to those around him.
    Sounds like a whiner to me.

Face it, LT's and R bikes are rolling road blocks for Harley's.

My R bike passes most HD's in Wisconsin. They must drive faster in Illinois.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
    Really? The speed limit is 80+ mph in WI?

I will humbly submit, again, that there are two sides to every story. I'm not condoning what he did out of hand, but without the other side, who knows where the fault lies.
    Lighten up, Francis[/obscure STRIPES reference]
    Since we have not heard from the other side, you could stop blaming this gentleman, since we don't actually know where the fault lies, as you have stated.
    As far as I know, the speed isn't 100 either, and lane splitting is illegal.
    If he is at fault for going 80 then the other guy is at fault for going 100. If anything had happened, they both could be dead. It was a risky maneuver. That's all I'm sayin'.

What do I know, though. I ride with the silent killer, laced boots.
    Let there be peace on the forum.

[QUOTE=cruizbz;223489][QUOTE=henzilla;223340]
    Quote Originally Posted by cruizbz View Post

Yeah, but that is blue & white! No more blue than the BMW roundel. This guy was probably lumbering along on his LT with the cruise on, stereo blaring, and his feet on highway pegs hogging the lane and got pissed he was passed by a bike he is unsure of it's speed or color. He should not be pissed, because he did not pay attention to those around him.
    Sounds like a whiner to me.

Face it, LT's and R bikes are rolling road blocks for Harley's.
    I was not "lumbering along" on my LT, nor was I listening to the stereo, nor were my feet on highway peps. I was simply passing. There seems to be a lot of bias toward LT riders out there, coming from people who have probably never ridden one and do not know what a great bike it is. As to the color of the bike, all I saw was blue. Whether or not it was blue and white or any other color is immaterial. And I'm far past the point where I'm going to get pissed because another bike passed me. All I ask is they do it in their own lane. It is amazing to me that people want to try to put blame on me when this other rider was clearly wrong.

belquar
    [QUOTE=tonynace;223645][QUOTE=cruizbz;223489]
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post

I was not "lumbering along" on my LT, nor was I listening to the stereo, nor were my feet on highway peps. I was simply passing. There seems to be a lot of bias toward LT riders out there, coming from people who have probably never ridden one and do not know what a great bike it is. As to the color of the bike, all I saw was blue. Whether or not it was blue and white or any other color is immaterial. And I'm far past the point where I'm going to get pissed because another bike passed me. All I ask is they do it in their own lane. It is amazing to me that people want to try to put blame on me when this other rider was clearly wrong.
    I wouldn't sweat what other folks think. Some people like to shake things up for the sake of shaking things up. The move made by the other rider was foolhardy. What else can be said....

I rode with an LT once when I had my CLC....that LT can fly. Fast machine. I rode one on a demo at Lima. Smooth machine and quite nimble. Big but I was riding a CLC at the time so I was used to the size. Nice machines.

[QUOTE=

[B]Have a nice life. Good luck out there (you'll need it). Here's to hoping the rest of the world acknowledges your "King of the Road" status and stays out of "your own lane".[/[/B]QUOTE]

Guess what, when I'm on the road in normal traffic I believe I do "own" my lane for 3 seconds in front and in back of me. I also get royally pissed when someone decides there riding style is more important than my own or my family's personal safety.

Unless the Yamutz on the "S" bike was going to the hospital or some other emergency, HE WAS ABSOLUTELY, DEAD WRONG!

Whether we should be surpised by his behavior is another story but Tony has every right to be seriously pissed, someone's playing Russinan Roulette and pulled him into the game without his permission.

By the way, I've been passed like this, by surprise, before too. I've usually realized after the fact that the Yahoo that just flew by me was the headlight I had seen coming up in the right lane and he must have pulled in to my lane at the last minute.

Does my attitude make me not long for this world? I hope not. For almost 40 years on a bike and several hundred thousand miles I've managed to blunder along safely so far (knock wood). God willing and the creek don't rise, I will continue to do so.

JMHO
    Steve Marquardt, 2004 R1150RT

[QUOTE=tonynace;223645][QUOTE=cruizbz;223489]
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post

I'm amazed that you felt the need to come on a national forum to vent your indignation at being passed. And, also to ask everyone to kick his ass for you. At least, people know what kind of rider you are now.

Heck, you have become infamous. Here is what they are saying about you on the "Fast" forums.

http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=9382

"I was riding a CLC at the time and the LT is fast and nimble"
    Yeah and a 250 is fast, when you get off a moped too.

Just a head's up. But, I will be riding to Michigan tomorrow. And, plan on buzzing every LT I see in Indiana.
    Last edited by cruizbz; 07-20-2007 at 04:40 PM.

535IS
    Quote Originally Posted by cruizbz View Post

I'm amazed that you felt the need to come on a national forum to vent your indignation at being passed. And, also to ask everyone to kick his ass for you. At least, people know what kind of rider you are now.

Heck, you have become infamous. Here is what they are saying about you on the "Fast" forums.

Just a head's up. But, I will be riding to Michigan tomorrow. And, plan on buzzing every LT I see in Indiana.
    Gee; to my own stunned amazement, a couple of them even correctly identified the issue and the hazard.

Lane splitting in Wisconsin is illegal. Therefore, if the bike ahead of you is going slower, it is your duty to wait until it's out of your way to pass. It doesn't matter why he's going slow. If you want to pass, find another lane. It is not illegal to pass on the right in another lane in Wisconsin. If there's traffic in that lane - well whaddya know; maybe he was passing!

I am new to my RS. Yesterday, I was weaving it back and forth across my lane just to see how it handles compared to other bikes I've ridden. I was on an otherwise deserted two-lane and I wasn't watching my mirrors too closely. Had the original knuckleheaded moron (distinctly different from a knucklehead H-D, which my 10-y-o daughter can immediately identify) passed me without changing lanes first, there's a very good chance we'd both be dead now.

I would not consider passing another bike in the same lane unless I am signalled to do so or I know the rider and I know the rider knows what I'm about to do. If a knuckleheaded moron comes up behind me and it's apparent that I will not be able to move out of his way for awhile, I will so signal. Then, he may pass me knowing I am aware of what we are both doing.

Anybody reading this thread can clearly see that all BMW riders are alike.[/bald faced lie]
    I am surprised we only pissed off 1 guy with the Nat'l.

Quote Originally Posted by tonynace View Post
    I... So don't blame me unless you know the facts.
    Speaking of facts, it's entirely possible that the K1200S rider could have actually FOLLOWED you in the left lane hoping you'd look in the mirror or perhaps even move over.

You said he or she passed you at 100. With you going 80 he or she needed maybe 40 feet to do that! Then again, if one of our riders they probably slowed to 100 to make the pass.

By the way, were you passed on the right or left? If on the right he or she had a complete free lane to manuver in. If on the left he or she just though you were an ....

There was an interesting thread on the "S" forum over at i-bmw.com about you. You didn't come out too well.
    Come to our Texas gathering next year. We've got room to do a group flyby at a buck fifty down there.

p.s. How's the exhaust workng out. We just LOVE the Titanium Remus on our "S". You should hear it at 100 !

[QUOTE=CABNFVR;223902]
    There was an interesting thread on the "S" forum over at i-bmw.com about you. You didn't come out too well.
    How very BMW-ish. I can feel the love already.
    What if the new exhaust fell off? The S biker could have been killed!
    The above was a feeble attempt to lighten the mood

As far as I saw, somebody did say it was a risky maneuver in that other thread. We could have a vote on it, but what would that prove?
    I would be angry if somebody did that too, I do not lane split and I use the whole lane. The question is, will you all point and laugh at the guy who started this thread, or treat him decently as a fellow BMW rider if you meet him at a Rally? What would be the more mature action?[/soapbox]

[QUOTE=Rapid_Roy;223984]
    Quote Originally Posted by CABNFVR View Post
    How very BMW-ish. I can feel the love already.
    What if the new exhaust fell off? The S biker could have been killed!
    The above was a feeble attempt to lighten the mood

As far as I saw, somebody did say it was a risky maneuver in that other thread. We could have a vote on it, but what would that prove?
    I would be angry if somebody did that too, I do not lane split and I use the whole lane. The question is, will you all point and laugh at the guy who started this thread, or treat him decently as a fellow BMW rider if you meet him at a Rally? What would be the more mature action?[/soapbox]
    I vote for at the baby,

So you have judged him without all the facts. Ok.
    Isn't that what you are mad at him for supposedly doing?
    Oh well. *shrug*
    Last edited by Rapid_Roy; 07-21-2007 at 06:09 PM. Reason: lack of clarity.

BOKRIJDER
    A deer jumped out in front of me in the last miles while returning from the rally. What a moron, didn't he know that I might have been killed? Am I trivializing the argument? No, regardless the debate here, endangerments to our well being and riding safety will occur next week, next year, every time we take to the road. The truth is, I and anyone reading may someday unwittingly endanger another rider, an insect in the eye, a bee in the jacket, a lapse in judgment.
    Recognize the situation, react, move on - let it go. As long as we keep riding there be plenty more challenges down the road.

Motard

Quote Originally Posted by Motard View Post
    A deer jumped out in front of me in the last miles while returning from the rally. What a moron, didn't he know that I might have been killed? Am I trivializing the argument? No, regardless the debate here, endangerments to our well being and riding safety will occur next week, next year, every time we take to the road. The truth is, I and anyone reading may someday unwittingly endanger another rider, an insect in the eye, a bee in the jacket, a lapse in judgment.
    Recognize the situation, react, move on - let it go. As long as we keep riding there be plenty more challenges down the road.

Motard
    Wait a dad gumm minute - Wisconsin law clearly states:

346.21 Right-of-way of livestock.

The operator of a motor vehicle shall yield the right-of-way to livestock being driven over or along any highway but any person in charge of such livestock shall use reasonable care and diligence to open the roadway for vehicular traffic.

Take it up with the deer herder.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune