Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Knuckleheaded Moron

dlearl476
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Probably a California rider.

Out there they call it "lane sharing."

And they say they do it all the time.
    And in Europe it probably would have been an AMG or GT3, using half the lane and the left shoulder.

I'm not here to bust anybody's balls, but given that I've seen very few "squids" riding R1200S's, I'm inclined to think "there are two sides to every story."

I guess we'll just have to wait for the "Knucleheaded Moron on a Land Yacht that changed lanes right in front of me" thread.

(I think I've found a "person of interest"!)
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18777

Well when I got off the boat in Ludington, some sphincter ring on a gold wing passed me on the right side in the right hand lane. He clipped my mirror! and of course he and passenger were wearing short pants 3/4 helmets and sandals. I look at that as a motorcyclist that will fall and will regret not taking an MSF course.
    I also got a kick out of the f650 rider that also passed me on the right in the right hand lane. She then decided to warm her tires and almost wipe me out. You know who you are because when I hit my horn you gave me the international sign of the finger. Such talent!
    Oh well. I am home and alive. You riders that demonstrate you skills of inexperience only make me a better rider.

PC
    BMW Touring Club Detroit, Ambassador
    BMWMOAF, Past Director
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote.
    2013 National Rally First Aid Co-Chair

BUBBAZANETTI
    Quote Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
    (I think I've found a "person of interest"!)
    http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18777

easy there, i'm careful to pass others at 100 only when they're safely out of my lane

belquar
    Quote Originally Posted by patcarol View Post
    Well when I got off the boat in Ludington, some sphincter ring on a gold wing passed me on the right side in the right hand lane. He clipped my mirror! and of course he and passenger were wearing short pants 3/4 helmets and sandals. I look at that as a motorcyclist that will fall and will regret not taking an MSF course.
    I also got a kick out of the f650 rider that also passed me on the right in the right hand lane. She then decided to warm her tires and almost wipe me out. You know who you are because when I hit my horn you gave me the international sign of the finger. Such talent!
    Oh well. I am home and alive. You riders that demonstrate you skills of inexperience only make me a better rider.

PC
    You were in the right lane and they passed you on the right? Jeebus. People have become real idiots on the roads anymore.

Dear dlearl476, what exactly is your agenda? I was pointing out irresponsible riding behavior in the hope of making the road safer for all riders. You however, seem determined to make me out to be the bad guy in this situation. I was legally passing in the left lane. I did not suddenly change lanes. What that idiot did was plain wrong and could have resulted in two fatalities. Do you ride like that?

Sure, when the traffic is stopped and I'm doing 20ish. However, what was described was not state specific idiocy.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti View Post
    easy there, i'm careful to pass others at 100 only when they're safely out of my lane
    I can attest to Bubba's claim

A knuckle head is a Harley and they don't make blue K1200s bikes.

Could your judgment also be off on the speed? I am sure, I get called a hooligan by every old geezer I pass driving a Buick doing 30 MPH in a 55 MPH zone.

I'm a California rider! I was going over Ortega Highway (a two lane mountain road going over the Cleveland National Forrest between Riverside and Orange County). This is known for its squid. I was riding double on a K bike and was passed at speed by a squid ON MY RIGHT! By all normal things we should have both been killed. The only good thing is those riders wont be with us long. I just hope they don't take normal riders with them
    the Luz

Que es "squid"

Quote Originally Posted by theLuz View Post
    I'm a California rider! I was going over Ortega Highway (a two lane mountain road going over the Cleveland National Forrest between Riverside and Orange County). This is known for its squid. I was riding double on a K bike and was passed at speed by a squid ON MY RIGHT! By all normal things we should have both been killed. The only good thing is those riders wont be with us long. I just hope they don't take normal riders with them
    Alrigght, I confess, I'm not worthy! But I gotta ask, what is the definition of "squid" ?? Whatever it is, I don't want one!

Red

Definitions of SQUID on the Web:

An acronym for: Superconducting QUantum Interference Device.
    www.auriga.lnl.infn.it/auriga/glossary.html

A high performance proxy caching server for web clients. Top
    www.smoothwall.net/support/glossary.html

Squid is a popular open source Proxy server and web cache. It has a variety of uses, from speeding up a web server by caching repeated requests, to caching web, DNS, and other network lookups for a group of people sharing network resources. It is primarily designed to run on Unix-like systems.
    www.siriusit.co.uk/docs/details.php

a relative of the octopus, and a popular food in fish dishes in the Mediterranean.
    http://www.cooksrecipes.com/cooking-...h-results.html

a pound (?รบ1) Again not normally pluralised, still expressed as 'squid', not squids, eg 'Fifty squid'. The most likely origin of this slang expression is from the joke (circa 1960-70's) about a shark who meets his friend the whale one day, and says, "I'm glad I bumped into you - here's that sick squid I owe you.."
    www.businessballs.com/moneyslanghistory.htm

A soft-bodied marine animal with two long tentacles for catching food, eight or more shorter arms, and a streamlined body adapted for swimming quickly through open water. Squid are related to octopuses and cuttlefishes.
    www.reefed.edu.au/glossary/s.html

Marine slang -- A Navy guy.
    capmarine.com/cap/glossary.htm

A sea mollusc of the cuttlefish family. Also known as calamari.
    thefoody.com/glossary/glossarys.html

Garlic squid or barbecued squid are savory dishes, but squid deep-fried in batter is a delicious way of preparation. The thin crispy batter crumbles as you bite into the tasty, tender meat.
    www.samuireservation.com/dining.htm

Another term for a fossil Belemnite
    www.villagesmithyopals.com/glossary.cfm

symbolic creature, representative of the spirit of Storyville
    http://www.dowse.com/storyville/stor...-glossary.html

(Italian cuisine) squid prepared as food
    widely distributed fast-moving ten-armed cephalopod mollusk having a long tapered body with triangular tail fins
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Squids are the large, diverse group of marine mollusks, popular as food in cuisines as widely separated as the Korean and the Italian. In fish markets and restaurants in English-speaking countries, it is often known by the name calamari, from the Italian word for these animals.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid

SQUIDs, or Superconducting Quantum Interference Devices, were invented in 1962 when B. D. Josephson developed the Josephson junction. There are two main types of SQUID, DC and RF (or AC). RF SQUIDs have only one Josephson junction whereas DC SQUIDs have two or more junctions. This makes DC SQUIDs more difficult and expensive to produce, but DC SQUIDs are much more sensitive.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQUID

Squid was a World War II ship-mounted anti-submarine weapon. It consisted of a three-barelled mortar which launched depth charges.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid_(weapon)

Squid

wow. I'm inpressed.
    A squid is new crotch-rocket rider that rides as if he will not live out the afternoon (and sometime they don't). All the animals described in this post are, most likely, Squid.

sorry for not defining my terms.
    the Luz

Quote Originally Posted by theLuz View Post
    wow. I'm inpressed.
    A squid is new crotch-rocket rider that rides as if he will not live out the afternoon (and sometime they don't). All the animals described in this post are, most likely, Squid.

sorry for not defining my terms.
    lessee, right here on the list:

widely distributed fast-moving ten-armed cephalopod mollusk having a long tapered body with triangular tail fins with no fear of dealth or causing others death
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Got it. Thank you

Red

Well you know some 'riders' ride like they just stole them. Maybe this guy just did.

3 Red Bricks
    [QUOTE=cruizbz;223130] and they don't make blue K1200s bikes.

Most hetero guys haven't graduated much past the primary colors. I don't know what you'd call this color , but I'd call it blue.
    http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/specpages/K1200S.htm

I think the original point is if you want to play Jake Zemke, go for it, but don't take out some one who doesn't know the race is on! That's what they make closed courses for.

When on a public road, you can't expect every one you pass to be looking out for someone that is trying to set a new land speed record. And if you happen upon an old geezer doing 35 in a 55 in his Buick that's even more reason to make REEEEAL sure he sees you cause you don't want to be a trunk lid ornament when he slides over into your lane to make a left into the IHOP across the highway.
    LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

[QUOTE=98lee;223163]
    Quote Originally Posted by cruizbz View Post
    and they don't make blue K1200s bikes.

Most hetero guys haven't graduated much past the primary colors. I don't know what you'd call this color , but I'd call it blue.
    http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/specpages/K1200S.htm

I think the original point is if you want to play Jake Zemke, go for it, but don't take out some one who doesn't know the race is on! That's what they make closed courses for.

When on a public road, you can't expect every one you pass to be looking out for someone that is trying to set a new land speed record. And if you happen upon an old geezer doing 35 in a 55 in his Buick that's even more reason to make REEEEAL sure he sees you cause you don't want to be a trunk lid ornament when he slides over into your lane to make a left into the IHOP across the highway.
    So, exactly how many blue K1200 s bikes have you seen in the U.S.?

I always check behind me when I go to pass someone both in my mirror and by looking behind. If, the guy is not aware of what is going on around him. Nobody to blame but his own poor riding skills.

Besides, a 20 MPH difference while passing is not that great. I'd rather ride with someone capable of doing 100MPH, than some one that is oblivious to his surroundings.