Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Knuckleheaded Moron

Hybrid View

Knuckleheaded Moron

I would really like to find out who the knucklehead who was riding I believe, a blue K1200S southbound on WI 45 just north of the rally site on Saturday during the rally about noon. I was riding in the left hand lane about 80 or so to test the new exhaust I had just put on my black 02 LT when this moron passes me in my own lane doing over a hundred. He and I are lucky that I didn't drift over in my lane because I had no idea he was coming up behind me. Most BMW riders have the sense not to do such stupid things and if anybody knows this clown, please inform him that his actions are a danger to himself and other riders and if you can, kick his ass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tonynace View Post
    I would really like to find out who the knucklehead who was riding I believe, a blue K1200S southbound on WI 45 just north of the rally site on Saturday during the rally about noon. I was riding in the left hand lane about 80 or so to test the new exhaust I had just put on my black 02 LT when this moron passes me in my own lane doing over a hundred. He and I are lucky that I didn't drift over in my lane because I had no idea he was coming up behind me. Most BMW riders have the sense not to do such stupid things and if anybody knows this clown, please inform him that his actions are a danger to himself and other riders and if you can, kick his ass for me.
    Tony, First off, glad you're ok. That K Jockey sounds like he may not have a very long motorcycling career, if that's his method of riding.

I hate to sound blas?®, but living and riding in the tri-state area, I get that every time I head out, no matter the city street, road or highway (case in point: squid on a black k1200s who darted all over I-80 through NJ, last night on my way home from the Rally).

Again, glad you're ok. I don't know you, but I'd wager your own skills and intuitions played a big part in your avoiding a mishap as the result of that encounter.

Not a cool move, but it's also your responsibility to keep your eye on traffic approaching from the rear and move to the gol-darned right lane once you've executed a pass.

And no, it wasn't me . . .

I don't sit in the left lane. I was in the act of passing myself, but not within somebody else lane. I do look for traffic coming up behind me but I can't exclusively look in my rear view mirror or I'd be going in the ditch and it is really hard to pick up someone when they are coming at you at that speed. So don't blame me unless you know the facts.

I... So don't blame me unless you know the facts.
    Speaking of facts, it's entirely possible that the K1200S rider could have actually FOLLOWED you in the left lane hoping you'd look in the mirror or perhaps even move over.

You said he or she passed you at 100. With you going 80 he or she needed maybe 40 feet to do that! Then again, if one of our riders they probably slowed to 100 to make the pass.

By the way, were you passed on the right or left? If on the right he or she had a complete free lane to manuver in. If on the left he or she just though you were an ....

There was an interesting thread on the "S" forum over at i-bmw.com about you. You didn't come out too well.
    Come to our Texas gathering next year. We've got room to do a group flyby at a buck fifty down there.

p.s. How's the exhaust workng out. We just LOVE the Titanium Remus on our "S". You should hear it at 100 !
    "Have BMW. Will Travel"

[QUOTE=CABNFVR;223902]
    There was an interesting thread on the "S" forum over at i-bmw.com about you. You didn't come out too well.
    How very BMW-ish. I can feel the love already.
    What if the new exhaust fell off? The S biker could have been killed!
    The above was a feeble attempt to lighten the mood

As far as I saw, somebody did say it was a risky maneuver in that other thread. We could have a vote on it, but what would that prove?
    I would be angry if somebody did that too, I do not lane split and I use the whole lane. The question is, will you all point and laugh at the guy who started this thread, or treat him decently as a fellow BMW rider if you meet him at a Rally? What would be the more mature action?[/soapbox]
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

[QUOTE=Rapid_Roy;223984]
    Quote Originally Posted by CABNFVR View Post
    How very BMW-ish. I can feel the love already.
    What if the new exhaust fell off? The S biker could have been killed!
    The above was a feeble attempt to lighten the mood

As far as I saw, somebody did say it was a risky maneuver in that other thread. We could have a vote on it, but what would that prove?
    I would be angry if somebody did that too, I do not lane split and I use the whole lane. The question is, will you all point and laugh at the guy who started this thread, or treat him decently as a fellow BMW rider if you meet him at a Rally? What would be the more mature action?[/soapbox]
    I vote for at the baby,

Quote Originally Posted by boomgarden View Post
    Not a cool move, but it's also your responsibility to keep your eye on traffic approaching from the rear and move to the gol-darned right lane once you've executed a pass.

And no, it wasn't me . . .
    Running at 80 he probably ought to be in the left lane as he was. Seeing traffic approach from the rear at a high rate of speed is tough. Many times I've had a cop car blow by in the left lane at warp speed that I've never seen. Finally, passing someone in their lane is not a good idea.
    Frank G.
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    2004 R1150RT

You just hit on one of the most irritating idiot motorcycle maneuvers that I know of - there was a sad video floating around YouTube for a while showing exactly what can happen.
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

SNOONE
    Some People just don't get it. It's being surprised by the stupidity that gets me. Attached is the original Knucklehead.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Irritating is not the word for it. If it was just irritating, I wouldn't have mentioned it. What he did is downright dangerous. If he wants to kill himself, fine, but don't take me with him.

Get a state and plate number? Maybe I can pay him a visit with my "Uncle Louie".

Gilly
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

chilei
    Irritating is not the word for it. If it was just irritating, I wouldn't have mentioned it. What he did is downright dangerous. If he wants to kill himself, fine, but don't take me with him.
    Sounds to me like you refuse to take responsibility for your own actions.

1. You were riding in the passing lane and not paying attention to traffic around you, paying more attention to your pride in a new exhaust. The passing lane is for passing, if you are not passing, get out of it!

2. You pass that you were overwhelmed by his speed, 20 MPH (your estimation, not mine) is not really that fast. If 20 MPH overwhelms you, it may be best that you avoid the higher speeds of the interstate... at your claim of 80, you were likely passing other's at 20MPH more.

Now you can claim that I did not see everything, true, I made the above using nothing more than what you gave us. I have also not heard his side. But from what you tell us, you were endangering other's also.

I am privately embarassed anytime I see a vehicle that I did not realize had switched lanes, come up behind me, etc... I pride myself in being keenly aware of what is around me. You are on a bike, you are the one that is going to lose the battle of gross tonnage, you need to avoid the accident. Roadsmanship is a skill to be constantly honed.

As it is, you should have just taken it as a personal lesson that you need to improve on, after all, you can not change the actions of another, but you can change the impact of the actions on yourself!

Hope your exhaust is great and glad you got home safely!

mrich12000

Nice Page

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    You just hit on one of the most irritating idiot motorcycle maneuvers that I know of - there was a sad video floating around YouTube for a while showing exactly what can happen.

Thanks ted for that page

Michael Richard

dlearl476
    I was riding in the left hand lane about 80 or so to test the new exhaust I had just put on my black 02 LT when this moron passes me in my own lane doing over a hundred.

Two things:
      1. Keep right except to pass
      2. Watch your six

The left lane isn't for "testing new exhausts", nor is it "your own", it's for passing.