Thread: Friday, July 13

Live from Wisconsin!

Friday, July 13

Too much beer tent, and not enough reporting, so here's the scoop from yesterday.

Hodag and Dave Klingensmith setting up the charging station. Here, twenty feet of heavy gauge wire was traded for a cup of coffee, indicating the day's priorities.

MOA rallies bring out the best in everyone. Here Dylan Lane snatches Holly's purse with a smile. Actually, Dylan is getting a jolt from Holly Ralph at the charging station, a service that guarantees cell phones, blackberries, and cameras are kept running for thousands of people camping at the rally.

Rider Ian Briscoe is fascinated by his reflection in the head of ride Aaron Haefer. In an attempt to attract younger riders, MOA officials left trails of candy out to the street.

The perfect couple: Clark Luster, the new Ambassador Liaison, has his arm around his wife June, who has her hand on his wallet.

Paul Bachorz made five points to the board at the Town Hall meeting. He would have made six points but only has five fingers on that hand and didn't want to confuse the issue. He also raised the question about winter rallies and options other than the national rally for engaging members. The board then assigned him to ride across North Dakota on his bike in February to see why winter rallies are less popular.

As his last official act, outgoing Secretary Rob Nye reads the results of the election into the Board of Directors meeting minutes. Afterwards, he ran from the room screaming "I'm free... I'm free!" He begins auditions for the rock musical "Tommy" next week.

Incoming Secretary Muriel Farrington and Director Gail Hatch prepare to assume the reins of power. Now that 80%+ of the BoD are women, we can look forward to the solution of all problems caused by men.

Live from Wisconsin!

The MOA Board of Directors made a brief appearance and demonstrated the complicated maneuver they've been working on for the past six months.

Chuck Manley is recognized for his service as a Director for the past three years.

Helen TwoWheels, aka Linda Hedden, is recognized for her service as a Director for the past three years.

Dave Swider gives Karol Patzer a plaque recognizing her 15 years of service in running the Mileage Contest.

Don Faichney, the Kiltmeister, is recognized for his service as the Ambassador Liaison.

Incoming Director Jackie Hughes from Spokane, WA is welcomed onto the Board.

kbasa explains how the Board divides the swag
    Last edited by RallyReport; 07-14-2007 at 06:33 PM.

belquar
    Thanks guys.

Live from Wisconsin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belquar View Post
    Thanks guys.
    you are most welcome... wish you were here.

Bryan Poppe tries to imagine how the "Run-N-Lite" would look on him. The vendor explains that it is actually for his bike. MOA rallies offer one of the best opportunities for riders from across the country to get a hands-on demonstration of new technology. These rallies are a critical link in prompting user/supplier dialogue, and in sparking new product development.

"Young Lady next time try not to lay so much rubber when you're leaving the rally."

The German bike theme really pushed the envelope in West Bend. Here we can see the BMW response to Honda's sales concept of "getting them while their young."

It is said that you get a harp in heaven and an accordian in hell.

With a billion dollars worth of motorcycles strewn about the rally grounds, David Rudzki, Keith Collins and Jerry Lubbens guard the Jack Daniels in the receiving area -- and not an accordian between them. Well done boys.

Live from Wisconsin!

Tireless volunteer Sharon Hamilton keeps the kinder busy and happy.

"Look at the nice skunk I made!"

The bigger kids at the rally keep themselves happy by keeping their bikes clean.

Live from Wisconsin!
    OK, this happened on Thursday but we forgot to post!

At the BMW ON Contributors Dinner, BMW MOA Media Editor Vince Winkel got high marks for his impersonation of Rosie O'Donnell. Winkle emphasized the importance of members contributions and how sharing experiences is the essence of communication.

Choose your caption on this one:

Knary (Scott Conary) goes off his diet. Mandy Langston, Deputy Editor of the BMW ON, promises to keep Scott's secret.

Or....
    Knary (Scott Conary) tells Mandy Langston, Deputy Editor of the MOA ON, that men with red eyes have magic powers, while she reaches for the switch to activate the trap door beneath his feet.

Knary (Scott Conary... again with the red eyes already!) on the left makes a knish disappear for Jonathan Tessler. Jonathan designed this year's rally logo and branding package. He did an outstanding job... top-notch work.

Quote Originally Posted by RallyReport View Post

Knary (Scott Conary... again with the red eyes already!) on the left makes a knish disappear for Jonathan Tessler. Jonathan designed this year's rally logo and branding package. He did an outstanding job... top-notch work.
    And that's why tables 6, 7 and 8 had pizza instead of knish, or stuffed mushroom caps or kabobs.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Nice pics...thanks from those of us who couldn't make it this year....

When do we find out where it will be in 08?

Rog

Too much beer tent, and not enough reporting, so here's the scoop from yesterday.

Hodag and Dave Klingensmith setting up the charging station. Here, twenty feet of heavy gauge wire was traded for a cup of coffee, indicating the day's priorities.

As his last official act, outgoing Secretary Rob Nye reads the results of the election into the Board of Directors meeting minutes. Afterwards, he ran from the room screaming "I'm free... I'm free!" He begins auditions for the rock musical "Tommy" next week.
    I thought he was screaming "I'm free to find Hodag" (removing tongue from cheek).

Posting this a long way from the Rally just to be sure, and "someone" owes me $5.

mrich12000

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    And that's why tables 6, 7 and 8 had pizza instead of knish, or stuffed mushroom caps or kabobs.
    Dear in the Headlights, or to much revelry

mrich12000

Talking

At the BMW ON Contributors Dinner, BMW MOA Media Editor Vince Winkel got high marks for his impersonation of Rosie O'Donnell. Winkle emphasized the importance of members contributions and how sharing experiences is the essence of communication.

Choose your caption on this one:

Knary (Scott Conary) goes off his diet. Mandy Langston, Deputy Editor of the BMW ON, promises to keep Scott's secret.

Or....
    Knary (Scott Conary) tells Mandy Langston, Deputy Editor of the MOA ON, that men with red eyes have magic powers, while she reaches for the switch to activate the trap door beneath his feet.

Helen TwoWheels, aka Linda Hedden, is recognized for her service as a Director for the past three years.
    Looks like Helen TwoWheels is now Helen FourWheels. Hi Helen! I feel your pain.
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com

Live from Wisconsin!

Mo stuff that's linked off the home page.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamming View Post
    Nice pics...thanks from those of us who couldn't make it this year....

When do we find out where it will be in 08?

Rog
    Man, you been sleeping?

Gillette, Wyoming

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    I love those pictures from the air. Which bike was used to get them?